Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Wilderness is dying.

Faked

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very late, the video should have been made ages ago, or a video alike.

Instead of the negativity that the video shows, which is obvious and everyone seems to already "understand why things are the way they are." They should focus on turning into positives and help revive the game that everyone has loved to have played basically in their whole youth.

Everyone's asking questions and giving answers but not looking for solutions or even making logical arguments/solutions to even better the community. Main and pure alike. Everyone's looking to excuses to make it seem like they aren't in fault to why things have gone back to the way they have.

Want a solution?

Realize that older players are noticing the wilderness is back and are coming back to play, and that there are teams still pking in wilderness. It may not be AS LARGE as what it use to be, but I believe that we have reverting back to an earlier time in Runescape, when it comes to player vs player.

Ironically, I was going to make an apologetic post tonight and my last real effort of a topic for everyone, instead of the leaders, but now I don't have to.

If you want things to change, and care. You'll have to leave the ones who don't care and want to stick it out to be the last "clans left" to die. With that, taking their competition away. Originally the community boards were meant to put everyone together to help the growth of a pure, and sadly the clan competition has taken over it (from PC -> PW)

You'll need to take away the fact that you have something to prove on here, when in all honesty all you're competing for is the last one to live. (we all kinda got that). Set the example that you don't need to win, you don't need to see the same clans every weekend, and you can just go out and PK and surprisingly run into each other and have a good weekday. And most of all GET OUT OF CLAN WARS.

If you start going out on weekdays, you'll be noticed by the real pure community, which is that of the pkers that are at edge and the wilderness every night/day. Stop worrying on whether or not a pure clan has more than you, and stop thinking you need to make a topic to prove to yourselves that you had a decent "trip", when in reality you have to make an upbeat speach to keep your members interested in the hope of having an exciting trip.

If you have alot of subscribers, then help by making videos on showing that the wilderness can be active, show how fun it is to TEAM PK, and not solo edge with maxed gear or fight a war in clanwars. That totally undermines anything that clans really have achieved or want to achieve.

That's me being optimistic, because I'm in a clan that doesn't post on here, and fights 5-10 random teams/massers, that all hate me for taking control of the wild. Which in turn has caused them to help find the source to why they lose when they outnumber and outlevel my clan, which is teleports. Now in turn, they have decided to drop them so they can win, so in my case I'm helping the wild by not even posting on here and doing my part. I see more teams poping up and I still see hope. This video is so stupid because main clans can just pk every ******* day and realise there are teams of 20+ lvl 100s always around chaos alter. Dying? Do something about it and stop being a debbie downer and realize you can revert back.

That's what adapting really is.

Don't really know what else to say. This man knows what he's talking about.

Instead of the negativity that the video shows, which is obvious and everyone seems to already "understand why things are the way they are." They should focus on turning into positives and help revive the game that everyone has loved to have played basically in their whole youth.

Everyone's asking questions and giving answers but not looking for solutions or even making logical arguments/solutions to even better the community. Main and pure alike. Everyone's looking to excuses to make it seem like they aren't in fault to why things have gone back to the way they have.

Want a solution?

Realize that older players are noticing the wilderness is back and are coming back to play, and that there are teams still pking in wilderness. It may not be AS LARGE as what it use to be, but I believe that we have reverting back to an earlier time in Runescape, when it comes to player vs player.

Ironically, I was going to make an apologetic post tonight and my last real effort of a topic for everyone, instead of the leaders, but now I don't have to.

If you want things to change, and care. You'll have to leave the ones who don't care and want to stick it out to be the last "clans left" to die. With that, taking their competition away. Originally the community boards were meant to put everyone together to help the growth of a pure, and sadly the clan competition has taken over it (from PC -> PW)

You'll need to take away the fact that you have something to prove on here, when in all honesty all you're competing for is the last one to live. (we all kinda got that). Set the example that you don't need to win, you don't need to see the same clans every weekend, and you can just go out and PK and surprisingly run into each other and have a good weekday. And most of all GET OUT OF CLAN WARS.

If you start going out on weekdays, you'll be noticed by the real pure community, which is that of the pkers that are at edge and the wilderness every night/day. Stop worrying on whether or not a pure clan has more than you, and stop thinking you need to make a topic to prove to yourselves that you had a decent "trip", when in reality you have to make an upbeat speach to keep your members interested in the hope of having an exciting trip.

If you have alot of subscribers, then help by making videos on showing that the wilderness can be active, show how fun it is to TEAM PK, and not solo edge with maxed gear or fight a war in clanwars. That totally undermines anything that clans really have achieved or want to achieve.

That's me being optimistic, because I'm in a clan that doesn't post on here, and fights 5-10 random teams/massers, that all hate me for taking control of the wild. Which in turn has caused them to help find the source to why they lose when they outnumber and outlevel my clan, which is teleports. Now in turn, they have decided to drop them so they can win, so in my case I'm helping the wild by not even posting on here and doing my part. I see more teams poping up and I still see hope. This video is so stupid because main clans can just pk every ******* day and realise there are teams of 20+ lvl 100s always around chaos alter. Dying? Do something about it and stop being a debbie downer and realize you can revert back.

Don't really know what else to say. This man knows what he's talking about.

If every clan leader could read this, agree upon it, and move on from today. I'd find happiness once again in Runescape.

64tfkLf.gif

C6US7zP.gif

Proud Ex-General of Intense Redemption

Proud Ex-Memberof Frenzy

Proud Ex-Proud Memberof The Last Pures

Proud Ex-Experienced Memberof Hazard

Proud Ex-Oldschool of Hazard

Proud Proud Member of Fatality

#Hentai #piper

are you guys serious? some of you are agreeing with this video, complaining about the wilderness, yet I look at your clan affiliation and see such hypocrisy it's sickening.

fix your clan and the pure community before you worry about the entire wilderness.

edit: just by going through this thread and looking at some names/clans in sigs and avatars and then looking at post just makes you lose all validation to what your post said. Sorry

It would be nice to see the mainstream clans come out and pk on weekdays. Imagine the recruits and example you will be setting for the community when other pures/teams/clans see cp/foe/mm/tlp in edge massing then walking around spamming their hearts out then heading out for a totally random but exciting trip and displaying progress here on the forums. Remembering to keep everything clean, clans can relate to each other on these kinds of events and it can be fun for the whole community instead of playing hide and go seek every sat/sun.

Give yourselves the chance to grow.

Want a solution?

(14:05:34) <DrZoid> (14:05:00) <+DrZoid> fi kieran
(14:05:34) <DrZoid> (14:05:02) <+DrZoid> ur site is down
(14:05:34) <DrZoid> (14:05:04) <+DrZoid> ?
(14:05:34) <DrZoid> (14:05:07) <@[Fi]Kieran> yup
(14:05:34) <DrZoid> (14:05:21) <@[Fi]Kieran> someone couldnt take losing

Was a good watch.

The Best Black P2P Leader in RuneScape History. Winnin'

Leader of the New Pure Order Empire. "I Built this family on loyalty."

BestLeader.png

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.

397360_10151178047660495_811395494_23976406_1811914286_n.jpg

This video hurts considering I've been playing before they put up the wilderness ditch :'(. Now a days a clan will be called "massers" if seen pking in w57, but why not in p2p? P2P wildy is even more dead then f2p. The wildy use to be alive because clans didn't compete for #1 or for popularity. They competed for entertainment, for laughs and having a good time.

Applied for Hostility 06, May, 2012 <3

Accepted as a Lion 12, May, 2012 <3

wearelions.png

2vjycmx.jpg

This video is full of truth. I'm hoping that Jagex save the wildy with the future updates.

Being one of the people who still PK in F2P multi out of habbit, I've noticed that there are very few new names among the people I meet. Mostly pkers that recognize me from years back and come greet me. What happened to the noobs that used to lurk around places like hill giants and gdz? As His Lordship puts it, they have no reason to enter the wilderness anymore. For over 5 years, Jagex has solely focused on game updates outside the wilderness and in safe activities.

Alas, I still do PK in F2P multi, almost daily. With how small the F2P world has become (unless there are wars on, only W57 and W1 are valid PK worlds, compared to nearly every world having action back in the days), I know basically everything that's going on by just checking a few FC's. Still, as long as there are challenging fights to be had, it never gets boring for me.

COME FIGHT!

Anytime from 4 GMT to 11 GMT (11AM EST to 6PM EST) there's almost guaranteed to be some action in the wilderness. Hunt down open CC's like Ls Life(90-100s), Wildcattwo2(90-100s), Im soBeast(80-90s), even mains like DP, CD, S3, BT, KOD (100-120s). Have a relaxed midweek trip to practice your piling and spamming in game. Make some bank loot, without the fear of being rushed at every turn by your most fierce rivals. Get new recruits by fighting people other than the same pure clans you fight every single saturday.

"No we're pures we get owned by mains". When I was leading Fatality on a trip and I heard there's a (noobish) main clan PKing or fighting somewhere, they instantly became the top priority over any pure clan we were supposed to be fighting. Why not? Great practice for actual piling instead of the sniping and massclicking that pure clans usually do. Great practice for tanking and listening, great recruitment for the clan and even some free rune. I'd even go as far as to say that the aim to have fun on trips, instead of focusing on any single clan, made FI what it was for 3 consistent years back then, the undisputed #1 F2P pure clan. Ask any old school FI and they'll tell you that those were the best times they've had in FI.

I invite all pure clans (especially HPC's) to get the hell out of clan wars and join me in F2P PKing anytime you like. /msg Nip in IRC if you can't find any action and I'll find you some.

128250368099.gif

I wish english was my first language, but yeah, what Omni said is the real truth. I don't really think that the lower clans may change the scene by starting pking on weekdays, giving up using clan wars and so on, the ''higher'' clans needs to start it first.

When I remember back in the days (like 3 years ago), there were no Saturday/Sunday trips, every clan went out to pk at the time they actually wanted to, not they had to.

I personally quit those all TOP pures clans due to the same reason - routine : same clans to fight at weekends, same preps to fight again.

fipixelsigcopykn8.png

My current RSN is: Pathin

The green slave

I wish english was my first language, but yeah, what Omni said is the real truth. I don't really think that the lower clans may change the scene by starting pking on weekdays, giving up using clan wars and so on, the ''higher'' clans needs to start it first.

When I remember back in the days (like 3 years ago), there were no Saturday/Sunday trips, every clan went out to pk at the time they actually wanted to, not they had to.

I personally quit those all TOP pures clans due to the same reason - routine : same clans to fight at weekends, same preps to fight again.

Most of these Clan Leaders forgot the true meaning of Pure Clanning. Everyday on PW you will see people flaming on other clan's topic saying "WDF! you didn't clear us you fken idiot! I'm gonna slump your clan!." That giving up Clan Wars thing and Higher clans should start it thing isn't going top help it.

What really killed the wilderness and Pure Clanning is the Over Powered Weapons and different Fighting styles. For example "Turmoil" or "Summoning" Or "Chaotics". Although what I'm am saying is only 20% what is really killing the Pure Clan Scene.

What's also making it worse is the New Graphics. Back in 07 I never use to lag... everything was nice and flawless. Starting of the year 2010 is when I found out RuneScape was lagging for me. Every time we fight on the weekends with FOE Or MM. My Fps goes down to freaking 5.Guessing due to the new Graphics alot of old schools left Runescape due to that. Some quitted for good and the rest that still enjoyed Runescape how it was back in 07 play Private Servers today.

What would be fun is if Jagex can create there own Old School server like they did for "Runescape Classic". That would bring back the old schools for sure.

eopsig.png

The wilderness isn't dead, its a combination of about 100k less active users, and the fact we're participants of the pure community and the pure community is on its deathbed.

Despite what these idealistic people who keep going on about "2007" and how active the wild was; they're deluded. There wasn't a clan or masser team in all 100+ worlds, and clans didn't go out every day without fail. People sugarcoat that period far too much. You were new to clans and it was exciting. News flash, thats 5 years ago. Of course your going to feel the wilderness is dying after you've seen 100k players filter out of the game across 5 years. You guys are far too happy to just moan about the current situation and reminisce about the "old days", when in actuality 1.) The wilderness system is identical to the one of your 2007 fantasies, 2.) Your not remembering your 2007 fantasies properly and remembering it as far more exciting than it actually was. IMO the PvP world era was the peak time to be clanning.

I'm not denying the wilderness is far less active these days, but outside from the 100 000 missing players, F2P is absolutely identical to 2007 in terms of the system used. Its us and this community that has taken us away from the older, active days, not the wilderness.

Epidemic
eepidemic.png

MM is probably one of the most active PKing clan. If you look at PC's total kills of the day, MM always have 100+ kills a day compared to other clans. Me being an active pker in my clan, I can say that the wild has died down a lot (P2P wise) and you'll find mostly 1 itemers that reign the wild. The most active pking places in P2P currently revolve around places where there is heavy botting (drags, rev caves) and it is sad to see that people would rather kill botters than other players.

And people say MM doesn't do many preps l0l. That's because we're in the wild.

pg0j18.gif

pureclan.png

YpN4A.png

fodurn.jpg

The wilderness isn't dead, its a combination of about 100k less active users, and the fact we're participants of the pure community and the pure community is on its deathbed.

Despite what these idealistic people who keep going on about "2007" and how active the wild was; they're deluded. There wasn't a clan or masser team in all 100+ worlds, and clans didn't go out every day without fail. People sugarcoat that period far too much. You were new to clans and it was exciting. News flash, thats 5 years ago. Of course your going to feel the wilderness is dying after you've seen 100k players filter out of the game across 5 years. You guys are far too happy to just moan about the current situation and reminisce about the "old days", when in actuality 1.) The wilderness system is identical to the one of your 2007 fantasies, 2.) Your not remembering your 2007 fantasies properly and remembering it as far more exciting than it actually was. IMO the PvP world era was the peak time to be clanning.

I'm not denying the wilderness is far less active these days, but outside from the 100 000 missing players, F2P is absolutely identical to 2007 in terms of the system used. Its us and this community that has taken us away from the older, active days, not the wilderness.

You are wrong.

Wilderness was certainly more active before the PvP era, and in 2004-2006 it was more active before certain P2P updates took place. In 2004-2005 you could indeed go to a great many F2P worlds and find some action for a level 60 account. I'd pk at W3 and W29, occasionally go to W1 to kill noobs, have trips to kill VIP in W25, TP in W14 and W20ers in W20, pk with my friends in W45, kill massers and def teams in W49, 50, 51 and 52. Worlds from 4-10 almost certainly had people PKing at lvl 1 -> giants. This era ended gradually as Jagex focused more on P2P pvp updates such as new weapons and spells. Many old school people moved on to P2P only, which resulted in P2P multi becoming more active and F2P multi less so.

2006-2007 F2P multi was still quite active compared to today though. Worlds 49-52 and W3 remained active and a swarm of new PKers resulted in what I call the masser era; pinkies, aprons, blackies, brownies... oh, there were so many of them. But the smaller worlds that used to be a home to old schoolers became desolate.

You are right that the F2P wilderness is identical to the 2007 wilderness and essentially identical to the 2004-2005 one. So why has such a drastic change happened? Enter new skills, quests, mini-games and safe pvp. It isn't that the wilderness has changed, it's that it has not. Jagex has not updated or put any emphasis on F2P wilderness since it was created. It has not been made more interesting or profitable for players to enter, while the rest of the game has become drastically more complex and rewarding.

128250368099.gif

I remember a time when Varrock wilderness in F2P was active in every world. We would meet up in world 35, fight teams here and there, and then if we got enough people we would venture to 34, 33, 20, 14, 10, and then slowly down to world 3 if we were brave enough that day. From Varrock wild, to Hills, to Giants (not hillies, actual hills), there was always action. The first place I returned when wilderness was brought back was Varrock level 1.... and I think I might have seen 2-3 pkers there in the last year.

The wilderness isn't dead, as w57 and w1 almost always have action from 13s to 18s to CA, however, it is no where close to what it used to be.