Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

NFL Playoffs Topic!

kosherkid

Alright, I'm going to make my Colts-Jets prediction now and I'll wait later for my Vikings/Saints prediction.

First off, we need to get some statistics (regular season, playoff stats are based off 1 or 2 games and not accurate) out of the way. The Colts have the best quarterback in football (2nd in total yards, won MVP) yet have the worst rushing attack in the game. The Colts rushing yards ranks dead last (32nd) in the NFL. Not something a playoff caliber team should have. What does this mean? The Colts are a one dimensional football team, they rely on Peyton Manning and that's it. They have an average passing defense (14th) and a below average run defense (24th) which begs the question why does their defense get so much credit? The only bright spot are their pass rushers and the New York Jets will not be passing a whole lot. Now lets look at the New York Jets statistics. They have the best pass defense in football and an above average run defense (8th) which makes the #1 defense in football. The Jets also have the #1 running attack in the league yet a very poor passing offense (31st) which makes the Jets a one dimensional running team. Which is better you might ask? The obvious choice here is the New York Jets. The Colts will win the first half in most likelihood, but I highly doubt they get more than 2 touchdowns and have many of their red zones trips turned into only field goals. The Jets will completely own the time of possession game. This doesn't matter for the Colts quick strike offense, but it is a completely different story for their defense. With a poor running defense the Jets will just keep pounding the ball away and the longer this goes on the more the Colts defense will get worn out. The Colts have one of the smallest defenses in football as well. They will tire out a lot easier and faster than most teams and the Jets will dominate the 4th quarter. The tired defense will eventually give up a big run or two and that's all the Jets will need to win because they will keep the score close. The only factor that can really change this outcome are turnovers. Mark Sanchez is being kept on a huge leash right now and they are playing him really conservatively. The Colts pass rushers though will probably get a sack fumble out of him but the Jets will get their turnovers as well. Peyton Manning isn't invincible, Ed Reed intercepted him twice last week. All it takes is a tipped ball or a big play on defense. The Jets will win this close game through their powerful running game and dominating defense. The Colts will have to play near perfect football if they want to win and I just don't see that happening.

Site | #The_Hatred | Memberlist
animateduserbarthehatred.gif

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I'm going to make my Colts-Jets prediction now and I'll wait later for my Vikings/Saints prediction.

First off, we need to get some statistics (regular season, playoff stats are based off 1 or 2 games and not accurate) out of the way. The Colts have the best quarterback in football (2nd in total yards, won MVP) yet have the worst rushing attack in the game. The Colts rushing yards ranks dead last (32nd) in the NFL. Not something a playoff caliber team should have. What does this mean? The Colts are a one dimensional football team, they rely on Peyton Manning and that's it. They have an average passing defense (14th) and a below average run defense (24th) which begs the question why does their defense get so much credit? The only bright spot are their pass rushers and the New York Jets will not be passing a whole lot. Now lets look at the New York Jets statistics. They have the best pass defense in football and an above average run defense (8th) which makes the #1 defense in football. The Jets also have the #1 running attack in the league yet a very poor passing offense (31st) which makes the Jets a one dimensional running team. Which is better you might ask? The obvious choice here is the New York Jets. The Colts will win the first half in most likelihood, but I highly doubt they get more than 2 touchdowns and have many of their red zones trips turned into only field goals. The Jets will completely own the time of possession game. This doesn't matter for the Colts quick strike offense, but it is a completely different story for their defense. With a poor running defense the Jets will just keep pounding the ball away and the longer this goes on the more the Colts defense will get worn out. The Colts have one of the smallest defenses in football as well. They will tire out a lot easier and faster than most teams and the Jets will dominate the 4th quarter. The tired defense will eventually give up a big run or two and that's all the Jets will need to win because they will keep the score close. The only factor that can really change this outcome are turnovers. Mark Sanchez is being kept on a huge leash right now and they are playing him really conservatively. The Colts pass rushers though will probably get a sack fumble out of him but the Jets will get their turnovers as well. Peyton Manning isn't invincible, Ed Reed intercepted him twice last week. All it takes is a tipped ball or a big play on defense. The Jets will win this close game through their powerful running game and dominating defense. The Colts will have to play near perfect football if they want to win and I just don't see that happening.

The jets rely on their running game, but Sanchez manages to throw 5 picks in a game (from time to time).

the colts run enough to keep the defense honest. they are ranked last because they are 31st in the league in RUSHING ATTEMPTS.

Lht4D.gif
WCGCl.gif

There is no way the Jets are going to shut down such a high powered offense as the Colts. Peyton isn't Carson palmer, or Philip Rivers.. his blood runs with batteries, his IQ readings break computers, let alone defenses..Peyton Manning is not human, he is a machine.. and there is no way that a streaky Jets defense is going to stop him. Look at what happened during the regular season BEFORE, the colts took out their starters. the defense, was not stopping anything.

Keep in mind, the Jets best pass rusher Sean Ellis has a broken hand.

look for it to be closer then the ravens game.. but not by much. the superbowl bound Colts take this with ease, and tell Sanchez to stick to the bench eating hotdogs.. 'Freeney and Mathis are looking to eat him for dinner.

Your only hope is the Jets running game.

LOL what?, Jets number one rusher in the regular season + play offs or pretty damn close?, If the patriots got into the 'machine' before, why can't the supposedly number 1 defense in the league also stop him?

2j2x7r5.jpg

OSBOW.png

0dlsG.png

Don't got time to make a long write up but I'm picking Vikings over Saints.

Weird, we have opposite picks... this hasn't worked out well for me so far. :lol:

Vikings @ Saints

I'm picking the Saints in this one. Call me a bandwagon jumper, call me emotionally involved, call me a dirty Jew. I just think the Saints can do this. Their offensive line is fantastic with defending the pass and can handle the amazing Vikings pass rush. Their defense? Meh, but I think they can do enough to stop the Vikings. Drew Brees and Brett Favre are having almost identical years (Favre is having the best year of his life, I think) and it's tough to differentiate between the two. The thing that will separate these two teams is the homefield advantage. The Saints have the ONLY (not best, only) home field advantage in the NFL. It's so loud in there CONSTANTLY. They aren't fair-weather fans that give up as soon as the Vikings get a couple of 1st downs together. They will disrupt the offensive line and win this game for the Saints.

Koshers Pick: Saints 35, Vikings 31

Jets @ Colts

The Ravens of 2000 are the best comparison to this team. Fantastic offensive line, great running game, staunch defense, and a QB who makes no mistakes. Oh wait... something is wrong with that. They have someone named Sanchize, now he's going to be GREAT, and I think this is going to be the face of the franchise soon... but I don't think that it is this year, going against Peyton Manning and the Colts. Why? Cuz I am rooting for the Jets desperately. And the rule of my life is this: "If you want a team to win, they won't" And unfortunately I want the Jets to win BAD.

Kosher's Pick: Colts 24, Jets 14

Weird, we have opposite picks... this hasn't worked out well for me so far. :lol:

Vikings @ Saints

I'm picking the Saints in this one. Call me a bandwagon jumper, call me emotionally involved, call me a dirty Jew. I just think the Saints can do this. Their offensive line is fantastic with defending the pass and can handle the amazing Vikings pass rush. Their defense? Meh, but I think they can do enough to stop the Vikings. Drew Brees and Brett Favre are having almost identical years (Favre is having the best year of his life, I think) and it's tough to differentiate between the two. The thing that will separate these two teams is the homefield advantage. The Saints have the ONLY (not best, only) home field advantage in the NFL. It's so loud in there CONSTANTLY. They aren't fair-weather fans that give up as soon as the Vikings get a couple of 1st downs together. They will disrupt the offensive line and win this game for the Saints.

Koshers Pick: Saints 35, Vikings 31

Jets @ Colts

The Ravens of 2000 are the best comparison to this team. Fantastic offensive line, great running game, staunch defense, and a QB who makes no mistakes. Oh wait... something is wrong with that. They have someone named Sanchize, now he's going to be GREAT, and I think this is going to be the face of the franchise soon... but I don't think that it is this year, going against Peyton Manning and the Colts. Why? Cuz I am rooting for the Jets desperately. And the rule of my life is this: "If you want a team to win, they won't" And unfortunately I want the Jets to win BAD.

Kosher's Pick: Colts 24, Jets 14

As a Seahawks fan I find your post repulsive and disgusting. About half the stadiums in the NFL have a constant and loud home field advantage. The Seahawks have the loudest stadium in the NFL, we've always been loud and Qwest field was built amplify the noise onto the field.

Also a 'meh' defense isn't going to stop the Vikings lol.

As a Seahawks fan I find your post repulsive and disgusting. About half the stadiums in the NFL have a constant and loud home field advantage. The Seahawks have the loudest stadium in the NFL, we've always been loud and Qwest field was built amplify the noise onto the field.

Also a 'meh' defense isn't going to stop the Vikings lol.

Well the defense just needs to stop em... a few times. Plus they got healthier, so maybe they'll be good.

Oh and the Superdome is much louder than the Seahawks place... only cuz its a dome haha.

Oh and a 6-10 home record over the last 2 years, nice advantage. :P

Well the defense just needs to stop em... a few times. Plus they got healthier, so maybe they'll be good.

Oh and the Superdome is much louder than the Seahawks place... only cuz its a dome haha.

Oh and a 6-10 home record over the last 2 years, nice advantage. :P

Ya because home field advantage makes you win, we have a ****** team, that's obvious.

And look it up, the Seahawks on average have the loudest stadium out of anyone in the NFL. Most false starts in the place since it was built.

Edit:

Before the last two seasons we were 35-13 at home from the 2001 season, don't pull that crap on me lol.

saints are going to win the superbowl even though my team is the chargers

29z3rpv.gif

Our fight was epic.

Control #1 Med

Accepted To Control 12/10/10
Promoted to Officer Of Control 12/28/10
Promoted to Warlord Of Control 5/1/2011

Founder of Hate - 2k14

Leader of Trauma - 2k14

105317-fun-coupons-wolf-of-wall-stree-UF