Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Jay Crashed

Jay

For those of you who don't know, I own a motorcycle. A CBR600 F4, if you know anything about bikes.

30209_1460459399057_1460600572_1204934_2476018_n.jpg

I was on the thruway Thursday, following my dad (who was in my car). There were a few cars between us, so I couldn't see him. I wasn't familiar with his area, so i wasn't sure where he was going - so I it caught me off guard when I saw the he got on the exit ramp. I took a deep lean and made the turn onto the ramp - within the paint, it was just a heavy turn. That was when I saw the patch of gravel. It was on the ramp, albeit to the side. My first thought was "****."

I don't remember going down, but what happened was my back tire caught the gravel, spun out, and slipped out from under me. The next thing I remember is seeing my bike sliding in front of me as I slid behind it at at least 40mph. As I slide, I could only think "It's gonna cost so much to repair that."

As soon as I stopped sliding, I hopped back up, people were yelling, asking if I needed 911, my dad was already running towards me (many people told him they already called). My concern was my bike, I wobbled over to it (I couldn't use my left foot, my left shoe was 20 feet or so up the ramp). I lifted the bike up and moved it off the ramp.

Cops were there in under a minute - four cars.

So, that was my Thursday. The bike isn't it too bad of shape. Scraped up paint and muffler - I plan to buy a new pipe and maybe a fairing kit over winter. My bar cap and front bank lever are bent, my front fairing has a crack going to the headlight, but other than that, the bike is in good shape.

I have a sprained ankle, scraped forearm and knee. Thankfully, I was wearing a racing jacket - one that's heavily padded, so my arms and back were saved from being severely torn up (which is what I slid on).

Pavement - 1

Jay - 0

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

(+`Obsession) jay is a legend

Good to hear you're alright.

hamtaro_g_027.gif
Proud Founder of Carpediem
Proud Founder of Hysteria
Proud Leader of Malice

I was back on the bike the next day - shifting gently because of my ankle :P

Just thought this would be a fun story to share.

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

Yeah, I just think it's funny that as I slid on my back down the thruway, all I was thinking is "My bike, my bike, ****, my bike."

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

Yeah, I just think it's funny that as I slid on my back down the thruway, all I was thinking is "My bike, my bike, ****, my bike."

Sitting next to a crying baby in the morning takes a lot, and it makes you care for something more then your own safety?

brake gently with both brakes. l2motor

Mr Crabby

-------------

99 Attack / 99 Strength / 99 Magic / 99 Range / 99 Constitution / 1 Defence / 99 Cooking / 99 Fletcing /

Reasonably

96 Range / 1 Defence

brake gently with both brakes. l2motor

Braking in gravel makes the skid more drastic - the last thing you want to do.

Sitting next to a crying baby in the morning takes a lot, and it makes you care for something more then your own safety?

He's referring to the 2 hours I spent next to a crying baby in the DMV waiting to register the bike.

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

Look where you want to go in a turn, your body will take you there.

Difference between the men, and the boys.

But no seriously, I imagine you wouldn't have wrecked if you could of slowed down.

Vim
|Tyler| - #Zulus
8818 person to achieve 99 Mining
ascreborn.png
Tyler.png

Omni was here lOL

I wasn't breaking but I wasn't accelerating.

Since the crash, I've been extremely paranoid while leaning in turns - I imagine I can feel the tire sliding. But surprisingly enough, once I aired them up, I feel good again :)

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png