Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

30 def is pure

Lolercats

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will forever be a believer in the strict definition of "pure" being 1 defence, but times change. However, I think 30defence is pushing it too far.

EDIT:

i only think 30 def is acceptable if person has over 2 99s with another 90 + stat thats a 30 def pure, other then that no.

Though I don't agree with this, I see what you mean on high stats THEN defence. It's so funny to see such low level pures getting defence. Back when my account was pure, I didn't get defence up until I was 99att/str.

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

(+`Obsession) jay is a legend

Pure is 1 defence and the odd few defence levels people UNINTENTIONALLY gain. I'm pure and I'm 2 defence because I accidentally leveled it.

And no, you can't be that retarded to accidentally or unintentionally get 30 defence so you're not pure.

Edit:

Just noticed post above

If ur train ur def on purpose, ur not a pure as how it was meant to be, imo ;)

From my view 10+ def isn't pure.

^ This.

Tom N Eto. 99 Range, 99 Strength, 99 Hitpoints Pure.
MostValuablePlayer.pngTomCartoonTEXT.png
Ex-The Hatred High Council.
Ex-The Dreaded High Council
Malice Founder. Something words can't describe.

bestf2ppker.pngpkvideo.png

Well, in my view a combat related pure has 2 meanings;

1. Forsaking defense to focus on strength and/or attack, ranged plus magic.

This is your standard 1 def pure and what most people think about when they see the word pure.

It means you focus 'pure'ly on offensive stats so you are pure attack/strength/etc. In this view 30 is not pure, same goes for any intentional def levels.

2. To get the most out of your character. You focus on offensive skills, but get a certain amount of defence levels to give you aditional advantages to utilise during combat, such as mysic robes for magic, or a rune defender for melee. You only get the defence levels needed to get whichever item/prayer advantage you want and stop at the required level.

The original pures had 1 def and 40/60 attack and high strength to be low combat and hit high enough with a r2h or d long to kill normal accounts and other pures their level in 3 hits before they could run.

But with rs2 this obviously didn't work anymore since people could move freely regarless of combat, and weapon speed made r2h's too slow to pk with alone. But since many such accounts existed they turned to scimmy/r2h. For p2p people just used a dds and longsword. There was no need for defense since it didn't give you any offensive bonusses, just defensive ones. Some people got 10 def for black armor but that was it.

Then half a year after the release of the whip(which imo was the period that 1 def pures were at their strongest in rs2) recruitment drive was released which introduced initiate. This prayer boosting mithril armour tempted a lot of members to abandon their long lived 1 def and get 20 to be 'initiate pures'.

Later on you got mystic which needed 20 def, which made even more people get 20.

And with 40 def you slowly got acces to more and more items like a rune defender and a fighter torso. This along with the obvious defence advantages made many people get 40 to be 'rune pures'.

So 20 def and 40/45 def is well established by now. 20 def had been considered an accepted form of pure for a long time, and are accepted into most pure clans. 40 def was rejected because of the big diffrence in combat between 20 def and 40/45 and the advantages they had over 1-20 def, and gave birth to rune pure/tank clans.

30 def never had anything big going for it offensive wise(shoop-de-whoop addy defender and spikeshield) so it was never taken serious as a form of pure combat account. And that is where turmoil comes in. It just so happens that getting turmoil with 1 def put you at 28 defense, so most people just get the extra 2 def lvls(half a comb lvl) for the advantages 30 offers them over 28. Any account with 30 def that does not have prayer is a failed 30 def pure imo.

Now that puts us back to the issue of pure clans letting in people with 30 def. In my opinion, they should NOT let them in. If they don't have turmoil they shouldn't be let in because they are failed account that just want to join a pure clan and look cool while having advantages over the rest. And if they DO have turmoil they shouldn't let them in because the combat level they have are just as high if not higher than that of any rune pure, thus making them more elegible for a rune pure clan than a pure clan.

If you want to be a pure, stick with 1-20 def and max 52 pray, if you want turmoil, don't be that failer that doesn't get 10 more def lvls/2.5 combat lvls for the shitload of advantages it has over 30.

Especially for all the metally handicapped people out there;

TL;DR:

-30 def no turmoil make a new account

-30 def turmoil get 10 more def lvls, or join a rune pure clan without getting 10 more def.

Lol the way I see a "pure" is having the disadvantage in defense. For example, in f2p, the best armour is rune, so in this case, 30 def would be considered "pure" because addy is nothing compared to rune, also addy is easy to rip through.

Well, in my view a combat related pure has 2 meanings;

1. Forsaking defense to focus on strength and/or attack, ranged plus magic.

This is your standard 1 def pure and what most people think about when they see the word pure.

It means you focus 'pure'ly on offensive stats so you are pure attack/strength/etc. In this view 30 is not pure, same goes for any intentional def levels.

2. To get the most out of your character. You focus on offensive skills, but get a certain amount of defence levels to give you aditional advantages to utilise during combat, such as mysic robes for magic, or a rune defender for melee. You only get the defence levels needed to get whichever item/prayer advantage you want and stop at the required level.

The original pures had 1 def and 40/60 attack and high strength to be low combat and hit high enough with a r2h or d long to kill normal accounts and other pures their level in 3 hits before they could run.

But with rs2 this obviously didn't work anymore since people could move freely regarless of combat, and weapon speed made r2h's too slow to pk with alone. But since many such accounts existed they turned to scimmy/r2h. For p2p people just used a dds and longsword. There was no need for defense since it didn't give you any offensive bonusses, just defensive ones. Some people got 10 def for black armor but that was it.

Then half a year after the release of the whip(which imo was the period that 1 def pures were at their strongest in rs2) recruitment drive was released which introduced initiate. This prayer boosting mithril armour tempted a lot of members to abandon their long lived 1 def and get 20 to be 'initiate pures'.

Later on you got mystic which needed 20 def, which made even more people get 20.

And with 40 def you slowly got acces to more and more items like a rune defender and a fighter torso. This along with the obvious defence advantages made many people get 40 to be 'rune pures'.

So 20 def and 40/45 def is well established by now. 20 def had been considered an accepted form of pure for a long time, and are accepted into most pure clans. 40 def was rejected because of the big diffrence in combat between 20 def and 40/45 and the advantages they had over 1-20 def, and gave birth to rune pure/tank clans.

30 def never had anything big going for it offensive wise(shoop-de-whoop addy defender and spikeshield) so it was never taken serious as a form of pure combat account. And that is where turmoil comes in. It just so happens that getting turmoil with 1 def put you at 28 defense, so most people just get the extra 2 def lvls(half a comb lvl) for the advantages 30 offers them over 28. Any account with 30 def that does not have prayer is a failed 30 def pure imo.

Now that puts us back to the issue of pure clans letting in people with 30 def. In my opinion, they should NOT let them in. If they don't have turmoil they shouldn't be let in because they are failed account that just want to join a pure clan and look cool while having advantages over the rest. And if they DO have turmoil they shouldn't let them in because the combat level they have are just as high if not higher than that of any rune pure, thus making them more elegible for a rune pure clan than a pure clan.

If you want to be a pure, stick with 1-20 def and max 52 pray, if you want turmoil, don't be that failer that doesn't get 10 more def lvls/2.5 combat lvls for the shitload of advantages it has over 30.

Especially for all the metally handicapped people out there;

TL;DR:

-30 def no turmoil make a new account

-30 def turmoil get 10 more def lvls, or join a rune pure clan without getting 10 more def.

tl;dr:

The savior of mankind.

Lol the way I see a "pure" is having the disadvantage in defense. For example, in f2p, the best armour is rune, so in this case, 30 def would be considered "pure" because addy is nothing compared to rune, also addy is easy to rip through.

You sir are then wrong..

Honestly from what I keep hearing, there's no such thing as pures anymore.. Because all you idiots just get def, and start raising it.

Originally only like 10- was pure, but then you guys said NO, 20 def is pure too. Next was 25 def. Now it's 30 def. Next it's 35 or 40, and soon every def lvl will be pure.

But a true pure is 1 def, with exceptions of like 2, because usually you screw up..

So 30 def isn't pure, and never will be, and 20 def shouldn't be pure either.

MySig-1.png

RsisDead.png

Quit RS February 2010, join the club? Sold Pker D o M Btw, if anyone cares.