Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

How to Revive Pure Activity 101

Mageof Pain4

Step 1:

Contact Jagex for prizes for the following events. Prizes could be anything from 1mill gp, to batches of runescape items (like 5 dds, 500 sharks/swordfish...etc, whatever).

Example:

1st place: 1mill to each player.

2nd place: 500k to each player.

3rd place: 250k to each player.

Now you couldn't do this for full outs or 30vs30s, but for 10vs10s or 5vs5 events, you definitely could get Jagex to hand out prizes like these. For fullouts/30vs30s, you could negotiate that all players who participated would get like 400 Swordfish or X amount of a certain item. Or dumb it down to 50k per player for the winning teams.

Step 2:

Organize bi-weekly tournaments & weekly events:

- Do a bi-weekly tournament that is 5vs5 and 10vs10 only. Decide if it is F2P or P2P (alternate between these) and then do 3 sub categories (90-99, 80-89, 70-79 in a single combat stat or by combat level).

- If it is a 5vs5 tournament, you're get a lot more teams signing up because it is easier to get 5 people instead of 10 people. 5vs5 would also mean less people win prizes, so you could have larger prize pots from Jagex. Imo, 5vs5s would be the best way to go. Doing fullouts/30vs30s means only a few clans will be able to participate. Doing 5vs5s means any team or any person from any clan can make up their own team and participate in this.

- It doesn't matter what clan you're in, as long as you get 5 people, even if they're all from 5 different clans. Or just take 5 people from your clan and be called MM#1, MM#2, MM#3 or FOE#1, FOE#2...etc. Do whatever.

- EVERY WEEK organize a draft. Everyone piles into an IRC channel or a vent/mumble. Anyone can show up. It may be a good idea to place restrictions of 70-79, 80-89, and 90-99 stat (str, range, magic, NOT COMBAT) drafts. So you don't have level 50s with your level 70s.

- Then captains are volunteered or picked. These captains then go through one by one picking players until all of the captains have a 5 man team or 10 man team. The number of captains is the amount of players you have divided by 5 or 10.

- The teams then mass at Edgeville or they go to the Clan Arena thing. They then add each other or join someone's CC. Once the teams are organized everyone is assigned what team they're playing against. Captain 1 would play Captain 8, Capain 2 players Captain 7...etc.

- It's done in a tournament style until one team wins.

Now if you've contacted Jagex for prizes and they've agreed, your winners would get their prizes.

The only things to work out is if you are allowed to wear armour or not, if there's defense limits, where you will do your 5vs5 (BH, PvP, Clan Arena...etc), whether or not you can pray or protect...etc. Also figure out times and dates...etc.

Do this and I guarantee pure activity will skyrocket, especially if Jagex is handing out GP prizes to winning teams. And especially if Jagex is handing out prizes for 1st place to 4th place, so that even if you don't come first, you still have a shot at winning something, which will motivate everyone to at least try and come fourth instead of giving up before they have even lost.

EXAMPLE:

For a draft:

January 8th @ 2PM EST, everyone goes into #PUREDRAFT if they have a 90-99 stat in S/R/M. 100 people show up. You then get 20 captains. You then start with Captain 1, ask him who they want to pick, they pick, you then pm that person their team or you assign them to a team in some other way. Then you repeat for each captain, 4 times. Going from Captain 1 to Captain 20, then Captain 20 to Captain 1 and back and forth.

Once you have the teams you make the tourney bracket, assign what team is playing who. You tell all of the captains who they're playing and give them the other Captain's contact info. They then figure out a spot to play and organize their fight within 5 minutes. Everyone has 10-20 minutes to get their fight completed & reported. If not, both teams are disqualified. No bullcrap from whiny 13 year olds.

Teams do their first round fight. They report it. Then, the winning teams move on to round 2. Complete their round. And continue until the finals.

Winning team is then reported to Jagex & they receive their 200k each or whatever prize Jagex decides on. If this was a bi-weekly tourney, the prize would be higher like 1mill each, but because it is a draft it is only 200k. 2nd place could get like 100k. 3rd would be 50k along with 4th getting 50k, unless you do a 3rd/4th match to decide who gets 50 kand who gets 25k.

-----

So who wants to try this out? Who can contact Jagex and organize this or attempt to? There should be no reason for Jagex not to support events like this.

If anyone is seriously going to try this out, I'll gladly sit around and give my opinion on things.

I don't know if this was tried before but to those who I talked to, it hasn't been tried.

The main reason activity should increase is because pures are small in numbers. So it would be hard to get 10-20-30 people, but if you do 5vs5s, it is easy to get 5 people. So beginner or new pures can easily find a team, or get picked in a draft. So it's easy for newer pures to get in on the fun.

Also because of the prizes.

Thoughts?

Pure Annihilation!

let me tell you why that won't work/will never happen

#1. Jagex learned the lesson from pvp that putting any amount of cash in the game can absoultely destroy the economy, but alot of pures with the mindset(i dont even play idgaf about the economy) have to realize that there as an entire side of this game that does.

#2.Miniwars mean NOTHING towards the overall strength of a clan except who has the best members online at the time.

#3.Jagex has no reason to try and revive activity for people who manipulate the system to get the best combat advantages, the only way this would be even be possible was a combat level cap.

#4.in regards to #3, mains absolutely destroy pures anywhere past level 70 in F2P, and if theres a combat cap 5 level 75 pures will get rocked by 5 mains with the same organization.

»15:40:10« <@Jay> You're not even close to being intelligent enough to speak to me.

-Jay

^ Why would you cite me on the quote, when my name's clearly in it...

-Jay

#1. Jagex learned the lesson from pvp that putting any amount of cash in the game can absoultely destroy the economy, but alot of pures with the mindset(i dont even play idgaf about the economy) have to realize that there as an entire side of this game that does.

The amount of money Jagex would be awarding as prizes would be negligible. The effect of giving <3M in prizes every week to 15-20 players is going to be like...0.0004% on the total economy. The effect it will have is completely negligible and not worth worrying about. If Jagex were to use this as a reason to not give out prizes, they would be stating lies.

#2.Miniwars mean NOTHING towards the overall strength of a clan except who has the best members online at the time.

What do clans have to do with this? Why does a clan's overall strength matter at all in this? What are you talking about, lol?

#3.Jagex has no reason to try and revive activity for people who manipulate the system to get the best combat advantages, the only way this would be even be possible was a combat level cap.

They have no reason other than to make their customers happy on how they choose to play their game. Jagex has every right to not support this or hand out prizes, but you never know until you try. There's tons of reasons why Jagex should support this & they would make a tiny bit more money from people renewing subscriptions if this kept the pure community alive and kicking around. It is in their better interest to support this. However it isn't a guarantee.

Jagex is very awkward at handling customer relations and customer/player events.

#4.in regards to #3, mains absolutely destroy pures anywhere past level 70 in F2P, and if theres a combat cap 5 level 75 pures will get rocked by 5 mains with the same organization.

There will be no way mains are allowed into this. <20 defense. Preferably over time lowering it down to <10 defense.

You basically highlighted the arbitrary reasons why this would not work. These such reasons could go either way depending on how Jagex reacts. And we won't necessarily know until there's an attempt at it.

---

RWT won't be an issue though. It is going to take time and the right players to win an event. Which makes it insanely hard to predict who is going to win and who is going to be able to RWT with the money. If it is found out that they do RWT, it is easily traceable since such a small amount of players will be receiving large sums of cash like this. So you'd be shooting yourself in the foot if you tried to RWT.

--

If you people don't want to read something that is valid in the potential it has to increase pure activity & help out what you are in this game, then why do you even bother come to these forums or try to immerse yourself in the community? It's pretty disgusting you do not have any level of commitment to read something like this and give input on it because you are too lazy. I honestly hope you rethink your laziness and contribute to benefiting the pure community instead of sitting back and watching us waste away.

Pure Annihilation!

The amount of money Jagex would be awarding as prizes would be negligible. The effect of giving <3M in prizes every week to 15-20 players is going to be like...0.0004% on the total economy. The effect it will have is completely negligible and not worth worrying about. If Jagex were to use this as a reason to not give out prizes, they would be stating lies.

What do clans have to do with this? Why does a clan's overall strength matter at all in this? What are you talking about, lol?

They have no reason other than to make their customers happy on how they choose to play their game. Jagex has every right to not support this or hand out prizes, but you never know until you try. There's tons of reasons why Jagex should support this & they would make a tiny bit more money from people renewing subscriptions if this kept the pure community alive and kicking around. It is in their better interest to support this. However it isn't a guarantee.

Jagex is very awkward at handling customer relations and customer/player events.

There will be no way mains are allowed into this. <20 defense. Preferably over time lowering it down to <10 defense.

You basically highlighted the arbitrary reasons why this would not work. These such reasons could go either way depending on how Jagex reacts. And we won't necessarily know until there's an attempt at it.

---

RWT won't be an issue though. It is going to take time and the right players to win an event. Which makes it insanely hard to predict who is going to win and who is going to be able to RWT with the money. If it is found out that they do RWT, it is easily traceable since such a small amount of players will be receiving large sums of cash like this. So you'd be shooting yourself in the foot if you tried to RWT.

--

If you people don't want to read something that is valid in the potential it has to increase pure activity & help out what you are in this game, then why do you even bother come to these forums or try to immerse yourself in the community? It's pretty disgusting you do not have any level of commitment to read something like this and give input on it because you are too lazy. I honestly hope you rethink your laziness and contribute to benefiting the pure community instead of sitting back and watching us waste away.

"how to revive prue activity 101" is the topic of this

i just told you why it wouldn't work

it doesnt take 4 paragraphs to realize this is not only a bad but impossible idea.

»15:40:10« <@Jay> You're not even close to being intelligent enough to speak to me.

-Jay

^ Why would you cite me on the quote, when my name's clearly in it...

-Jay

did not read will not edit

(16:25:47) <+Yo_Kimbo> i got faking ddosed

(16:25:49) <+Yo_Kimbo> i got ddosed

(16:27:46) <+[Foe]Sick`Away> mm youre such *******

(16:27:48) <+[Foe]Sick`Away> stop ******* ddosing

(16:27:54) <+[Foe]Life_To_Dds> mm ur mothers irl ******* feqs

(16:30:21) <%[Foe]Xfresh|Jordan> its getting ddosed again

(16:30:23) <+Ultra> can we move to eop ts or something

(16:30:26) <+Ultra> 3rd ******* time

(16:30:13) <+Ikz> 100-0 cmon guys they didnt even hit you and u lost

You're living in a dream world if you think that's possible.

Has anyone tried this before? Not that I know of.

Does Jagex almost always state that they 'support' pures, even if their updates are never geared towards us? From everything Jagex has said or done, you can either believe that Jagex is not as bad as everyone thinks and their hand has been forced to do negative updates towards us, or yes, you can interpret them to be idiots.

But we don't know if this is possible or not. From my experience with game publishers, this shouldn't be all that difficult to achieve if they're willing to consider our offers.

Pure Annihilation!

You're living in a dream world if you think that's possible.

Has anyone tried this before? Not that I know of.

Does Jagex almost always state that they 'support' pures, even if their updates are never geared towards us? From everything Jagex has said or done, you can either believe that Jagex is not as bad as everyone thinks and their hand has been forced to do negative updates towards us, or yes, you can interpret them to be idiots.

But we don't know if this is possible or not. From my experience with game publishers, this shouldn't be all that difficult to achieve if they're willing to consider our offers.

Your idea is solid, yet impossible.

Instead of making 4 paragraph rants to haters, I would suggest just talking to jagex yourself and not waiting for others to do it for you.

As Ghandi said "Be the change in the world you wish to see"

UJUI2.png

Jagex aren't going to create such an event just for pures and isolate the rest of the players because they have a stat that Jagex want them to level, retard. They give bonuses to defence as an incentive for people to spend the time leveling defence for the items. More time leveling = more money spent on membership = more money for Jagex, not to mention the expenses of the items are outrageous so players have to buy more membership to pay for the items (in-game time making rsgp).

Why would they risk putting so much time and effort into such a flawed event just so pures can try it and get bored of it after a few months? It would take away the need for extended membership and prolonged playing time.

tl;dr It's about money for Jagex and you have to weigh the pros of "satisfying" the wants of players against the cons/potential costs. Please stop being stupid.

fdvo0z.png