Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

new school vs old school

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Websites like this one didnt exist back in the day (apart from RSC but they didnt do much for pures), so pking was about loot, not worrying your gonna look bad on PW. As a result clans had nothing to loose really (apart from 1 return set)

N it was cat and mouce, once you were in the wilderness. You were in for good. No hiding on CLW for 2 hours then pop out into a cluster halfway though to claim a victory. N no loosing a fight at dwarfs running back to CLW remassing then running back out starting a 2hr return fight. You hopped at GDZ, walked from GDZ to Rune rocks, hop at Rune rocks, walk to GDZ etc etc etc... N you had lvl 3 scouts constantly hopping around.

As for the leaders, IMO oldschool leaders are more concerned with getting loot, where as new school ones are more concerned with the image of the clan. N not taking a loss.

The bold reminds me a lot of Asher lol

111106164814.png

hsig1.png

In the new environment when the wilderness does return, the old school leaders and players are going to have the advantage. Newfag leaders are used to scouting world 136 and world 57 and then running into a cluster. Back then, it wasn't like that at all. The newfags are going to get bored and restless, it required a lot of discipline and patience back then. You also have to consider the warring style. It's so different now with returning and ragging, this time around it'll be almost impossible to return unless the war is going to last a long time.

Inevitably, pure warring has evolved over the last few years. And because of that, the new leaders will have more experience in some areas. Ventrilo didn't really exist back then and it was all about your in-game spamming and piling, team capes didn't even exist and so you couldn't just run on top of a cluster and start clicking like a *****. I don't even think any old school clans are going to re-open that will make a difference anyway so it doesn't matter.

Very well written. This sums up about everything there is to say about it.

p2p20v20pure.png

111120154705.png

R0IPq.png

#FREESTEEZ

#TEAM-WALLI

Old school, anyone who thinks differently didn't experience it first hand.

Agreed with this.

Na oldschool was more fun, new school takes more skill.

As for F2P.. WTF is that?

"Practice + Determination isn't coincidence." Retired
am0ns.jpg

Shawn, as I always said when people asked for f2p mini's..

Wtf scape is free?

It seems like alot of the new clans now are just in it to win. Seems the fun of the game has been lost over the years. Somewhere along the lines, **** got too serious.

p2p20v20pure.png

111120154705.png

R0IPq.png

#FREESTEEZ

#TEAM-WALLI

so pking was about loot, not worrying your gonna look bad on PW. As a result clans had nothing to loose really (apart from 1 return set)

N it was cat and mouce, once you were in the wilderness. You were in for good. No hiding on CLW for 2 hours then pop out into a cluster halfway though to claim a victory. N no loosing a fight at dwarfs running back to CLW remassing then running back out starting a 2hr return fight. You hopped at GDZ, walked from GDZ to Rune rocks, hop at Rune rocks, walk to GDZ etc etc etc... N you had lvl 3 scouts constantly hopping around.

This

Leaders who practice the older tactics (not running into CLW - not being a ***** and sucking their members dildos) will have a better outcome if this new wild returns because then they'll really understand what PK'ing was like... it seems like 60-75% of the new leaders of the established pure clans are too caught up in this new way of leading clans and when the wild does return (if it does) - they'll have a huge problem on there hands, i.e where to run when they can't find CLW, where to regroup (because BH will be gone) and where to fight.

On the topic of old pure clans re-opening - WOOHOO

pg0j18.gif

[@riggz] streetzafk the eop spy who deleted eop forums

FATAL GANG

www.MM-RS.org

Old school, anyone who thinks differently didn't experience it first hand.

Agreed with this.

Makes it more fun, now it's just whoever has a bit of organization and overpowered weapons wins. :@

Old school obv. wins,

Proud Ex-Member of NME
Proud Ex-Leader of Brave Theory
retired.
Supporting Epidemic
cHIzQrd.png

totally bro but you have to hand it to new school. the new tactics are pretty unbeatable. if a old school clan came back exactly the same as it was before and fought tlp or something in p2p. tlp would win hands down. p2p back then was just chaos. basically f2p but with dds and d scims and nothing else. now with pures getting smarter and working more for their accounts barrages and chins have been added and that caused the invention of the spread. old school would get demolished. but i do admit old school was much more harder and disciplined but new school has its ups too. new school relys on how clever you can be and how you can ******** your way to a victory. its a shame of what happened but thats that. new school has adapted well with our new environment and i think weve perfected our warring style. but when old wildy comes back i believe we would just adapt. but it would be like old times. to be honest i like the new school better because theres alot of rivalrys and lots of drama. it excites me tbh. gives me a reason to fight. if i were just fighting for loot then that really doesnt cut it. runescape has gotten super boring and the only reason why tons still play is because of clanning. clans nowadays just want to be known and heard about and want the glory for themselves. tbh i like this. who doesnt want to be a runescape legend? i believe theres much more passion and emotion in new school. i dont care what you say. its a cool feeling knowing you just demolished your rivals. you actually feel connected you know. dont call me a nerd. we all feel these emotions. just cant wait till old wildy again and there no escape for anyone lol. fight till the death and no wars that cost you 10m.

:\

totally bro but you have to hand it to new school. the new tactics are pretty unbeatable. if a old school clan came back exactly the same as it was before and fought tlp or something in p2p. tlp would win hands down. p2p back then was just chaos. basically f2p but with dds and d scims and nothing else. now with pures getting smarter and working more for their accounts barrages and chins have been added and that caused the invention of the spread. old school would get demolished. but i do admit old school was much more harder and disciplined but new school has its ups too. new school relys on how clever you can be and how you can ******** your way to a victory. its a shame of what happened but thats that. new school has adapted well with our new environment and i think weve perfected our warring style. but when old wildy comes back i believe we would just adapt. but it would be like old times. to be honest i like the new school better because theres alot of rivalrys and lots of drama. it excites me tbh. gives me a reason to fight. if i were just fighting for loot then that really doesnt cut it. runescape has gotten super boring and the only reason why tons still play is because of clanning. clans nowadays just want to be known and heard about and want the glory for themselves. tbh i like this. who doesnt want to be a runescape legend? i believe theres much more passion and emotion in new school. i dont care what you say. its a cool feeling knowing you just demolished your rivals. you actually feel connected you know. dont call me a nerd. we all feel these emotions. just cant wait till old wildy again and there no escape for anyone lol. fight till the death and no wars that cost you 10m.

simply a terrible post

Proud civilian of Cake Town

thunderbannerbh1.jpg

I like how you call them new tactics lol. I think you mean the new gear. All they've perfected is using max bonuses in clan wars.

Old school will always be better because it was about fun more than winning.

Now it's...

Clan 1: LOL WE BEAT YOU TODAY YOU **** SUCKING FAGGOTS!

Clan 2: LOL NO WAY YOU HAD MAINS!

Clan 1: LOL NO WE DIDNT YOU CAN'T PROVE IT!!!!!

Clan 2: F U MASS RECRUITING SCUM!!!! WE WON BECAUSE YOU ARE WELFARERS!!!

Clan 1: F U WE WIN!

Both clans make topics, both clans claim wins.

Used to be...

X Clan's topic

We got lot's of loot today and found some clans. They beat us once, we beat them the next. It was a fun time.

inb4someonedebatesme

Arp-1.png

I like how you call them new tactics lol. I think you mean the new gear. All they've perfected is using max bonuses in clan wars.

Now it's...

Used to be...

X Clan's topic

We got lot's of loot today and found some clans. They beat us once, we beat them the next. It was a fun time.

inb4someonedebatesme

This +

New school tactic = sit in a non bh world in clan wars n scout 3 worlds on lvl 20's until you find a cluster. Next go to said cluster then run back into clw when it get crashed then cry on purewarfare about how you were winning but then some one crashed the fight you crashed.

Why do people assume that because the old drop system is being reintroduced, and that wilderness will be avaliable in all worlds, that suddenly we're all gonna be running around in normal capes and spending our trips fireblasting mains at gdz.

2jhqs.png

*Proud To Be Warlord of The Eruption Of Pures

Now it's...

Used to be...

X Clan's topic

inb4someonedebatesme

theres was a ton of flamming back then

you're right about two clans not claiming the win, though that was because it was very rare to return to the battle after you died. you'd say "gf" at edge then go back out.

Proud civilian of Cake Town

thunderbannerbh1.jpg

Now it's...

Used to be...

X Clan's topic

inb4someonedebatesme

theres was a ton of flamming back then

you're right about two clans not claiming the win, though that was because it was very rare to return to the battle after you died. you'd say "gf" at edge then go back out.

So there was respect shown.

oldschool wins again.

Arp-1.png

Well we might start seeing clans mass up in edge after a fight to spam at each other :P

As far as tactics go, any current clan is 100% more skilled than clans back in 07. When we lost the wilderness we learned far more effective ways to war. Back then clans didn't rely so much on pushes and TS calling, it was just 2 clans thrown into the blender and may the best clan win

AWARDS: BestCaller.png - bestf2ppker.png - bestf2ppk.png - coolestmember.png - bestscout.png - besttripvids.png

PK Video:

TRIP VIDEOS

so ive been hearing alot about old school clans and pures coming back and would like to see some responses. old leadership vs new? old tactics vs new? old pking vs new? old rivalries vs new? and old bonds vs new. lets have a go at it then

old is going to have to adapt to the new warring/pking ways.