Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Defence

Alright so I just wanted to make another topic about defence, if mad please click back button. The last few months has pretty much been the pure community bitching about defence and why adamant sucks ass, well I'll tell you right now.

So pretty much pures were originally made to be focused around one stat (e.g a ranged pure or a magic pure and then you had 60 attack with 99 strength etc.) and then a few years ago, when people started questing for rune gloves, people started to get 20 defence so that they could use rune gloves. Then shortly after a bunch of clan leaders started influencing 20 defence because of the advantages that it provided.

We as a community are 1-20 defence out of respect, or we were originally. Pure warring is a completely different ball game to main warring. If I liked main warring, I'd go join a clan on my main. But the 'speed' of pure warring makes it much more fast-paced and so as a community we sort of agreed to only allow 1-20 defence in clans.

Using 1-20 defence was always the way pures fought, we didn't allow 45 defence because we were pure clans but also because that wouldn't be fair if we fought clans with 1-20 defence, I'm sure all clan leaders are leading in this pure sector because they like the style of warring.

Now with 30 defence, it's a step right past 20 and onto rune. And clans with 20 defence requirements that don't allow adamant complain about other PURE clans using 30 defence armour. Well let me ask you something right now...

EOP complain about people using 40 defence armour attacking them when EOP are 20 defence.

And then EOP wonder why MM complain about the 30 defence when MM are 20 defence.

The argument is that 30 defence has changed the dynamics of pure warring, like it or not. There are people with 35 defence in pure clans that are able to tank a lot longer than people with 1 or 20 defence. I mean there were probably people who got 30 defence back in 2006 but leaders wouldn't allow adamant out of respect. And today, go out on saturday and pretty much every clan will be there with adamant apart from the clans who remember what it was like when we could all be civil and agree to stop it.

I mean what if MM changed to 1-40 defence and allowed rune, everybody would flame them right and be like wow MM are mains now **** this. Well that is exactly what 30 defence is to pure clans. This post has no real meaning, I'm just avoiding my coursework like a bad ass.

Joined the Pure Community March 2006
ripwy.jpg

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ill take my +1 and leave.

a clan chooses what they want, no matter what others do. If its fine with the other clans in the pure sector, a select few clans cant change what other pure clans choose as their reqs. sad but true

ripwy.jpg

20 defence has never been pure and never will be. Your reasoning is that "our community is 20 defence" when 5 of the 6 old school clans accept 30.

20 defence isn't pure, 30 defence isn't pure

Our "community" is 30 defence as you put it, not 20.

Either way, your clan isn't the traditional meaning of pure, neither is MM, and neither are the rest of us.

Now please shut up.

tonkatruck.jpg

Stay off our topic hackers. Your clan will die in few months with out goop because how **** you actually are.

(No I am not mad. I feel bad for EOP.)

quoted 4 future lolz</div>

20 defence has never been pure and never will be. Your reasoning is that "our community is 20 defence" when 5 of the 6 old school clans accept 30.

Either way, your clan isn't the traditional meaning of pure, neither is MM, and neither are the rest of us.

Now please shut up.

Actually, ill correct you, he said "was" meaning in the past as a pure community. and 20 defence has been the wall that seperated pures from mains from 2k6-2k10, but other then that. i agree with the rest of it, any clan that accepts 21 def isn't pure by original meaning, but w/e.

ripwy.jpg

Now please shut up.

Pretty much sums it up. If your clan allows 20 defence, you aren't a pure clan. None of the 30 defence arguments are relevant coming from clans that are also at fault. 30 defence with turmoil will be more pure than 20 defence with any type of bonuses any day. Quit making topics like this unless you're willing to get rid of your mith...if not, don't bother.

omnicorpcopy.png

raafcj.png

QUOTE (Kingrang3194 @ Jul 21 2012, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl why is a banana

Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords.

Now please shut up.

Actually, ill correct you, he said "was" meaning in the past as a pure community. and 20 defence has been the wall that seperated pures from mains from 2k6-2k10, but other then that. i agree with the rest of it, any clan that accepts 21 def isn't pure by original meaning, but w/e.

Actually i'll correct you, 30 defence was around long before 2010. The "wall" that has seperated pures from mains has always been that pures wear robes and mains wear armour. Black and Mith armour isn't pure.

And there is no difference between 20 and 21 defence lol. Of course the only relevant clans that don't allow higher than 25 defence now (MM and Ct) only do it so they have an excuse for when they lose, or something to brag with when they win.

If you want to actually become a pure clan, cap it at 9 defence and don't allow anyone to wear armour at events. Then i'll actually be mildly impressed. Of course it won't happen because whatever clan does that will slump and die.

And Raijin pwnz.

tonkatruck.jpg

Stay off our topic hackers. Your clan will die in few months with out goop because how **** you actually are.

If you actually read my topic instead of reply right away because you are mad about Zenith closing, you would understand why your reply makes no sense. I said that we as a community agreed that 20 defence maximum will be allowed in it, that was agreed a long time ago. If you weren't some 09 Zenith newfag that Josh recruited from GE then you would understand that.

Joined the Pure Community March 2006
ripwy.jpg

Now please shut up.

Actually i'll correct you, 30 defence was around long before 2010. The "wall" that has seperated pures from mains has always been that pures wear robes and mains wear armour. Black and Mith armour isn't pure.

And there is no difference between 20 and 21 defence lol. Of course the only relevant clans that don't allow higher than 25 defence now (MM and Ct) only do it so they have an excuse for when they lose, or something to brag with when they win.

If you want to actually become a pure clan, cap it at 9 defence and don't allow anyone to wear armour at events. Then i'll actually be mildly impressed. Of course it won't happen because whatever clan does that will slump and die.

And Raijin pwnz.

This tonkatruck guy is really smart, It's like he can read my mind.

Now please shut up.

And Raijin pwnz.

^ what this guy said lol

There's hope for a true monk robes pure clan to exist, i just dont know if people would do it at higher levels

Proud Founder of the NMEKU

Proud ex-Advanced EOP.

Proud ex-Legend NME.

Proud current +Oldschool of Hi.

If you actually read my topic instead of reply right away because you are mad about Zenith closing, you would understand why your reply makes no sense. I said that we as a community agreed that 20 defence maximum will be allowed in it, that was agreed a long time ago. If you weren't some 09 Zenith newfag that Josh recruited from GE then you would understand that.

Well now that you're resorting to personal attacks (which aren't true as i have never had anything to do with Zenith) instead of actually presenting some sort of argument, i claim victory over this topic.

As for we as a community agreeing that 20 is the limit, considering the vast majority of current clans allow 30, i guess we've now agreed thats the limit.

Good day.

tonkatruck.jpg

1 def is pure nuff said

Proud Ex @Leader / Ex @Warlord Of Exiled Force
Stepped Down After 8 Months Of ******* **** Up
Retired From Pure Clanning `2006-2012
1zgu61v.png
30ttamw.png
gVIwv.png
Sadly Came Back To RS

the way i see it jagex wins.

Jagex had wildy in 2007 for us pures.

took it away and people got defence. then jagex realized they were winning.

after pcl they learned hey, if we give the rich people over powering weapons of ownage for pking then people would get defence for it.

so they tested us with hand cannons.

more pures got def for a hand cannon.

then they stepped it up for a complete lure of turmoil. which alot of "rich" kids got.

meaning jagex is winning.

The Next update that will ruin us is a 35 defence update or super over powered 40 def update.

when this comes we will see rune on "pure" pk trips,

Some 1 remember what i said, i want to be able to say i told u so later.

----- Clan history -----
----- Founder of Iron Legion 2009 -----
~~~~~ Council of The Last Pures 2010 ~~~~~
Iron Legion for life, and The Last Pures till i die.
aucsi0.jpg

So what about 60 mith lords and 10 1 def pures? Does that make you a pure clan compared to 10 addy daddys and 50 1 def pures?

Yes actually it does you idiot, 1-20 defence has always been pure, 30 defence is not. Morons like you ruin this community.

Nice post poke, nothing anyone can do apart from the leaders of the main pure clans who have choosen to allow 30 defence.

thedreadedcrestqz3.png

The Dreaded, The Hatred, Sanctity.

thsig.jpg

Any clan can accept whatever def level they want

but 30 def isn't a pure.

and tbh, a F2P 20 deffer isn't a pure either.

in F2P, the only real pures are 1 def, or fails.

P2P is another matter which I won't talk about because I'm a noob.

bestspammer.png
b55tdw.pngsd4uf.png
-Proud to have been a member of Enigma
-Proud to have been a member of Negative since 23-1-2011
-Proud to have been Malice in Wonderland since 17-7-2011
-Proud to be #NME. Last clan I'll rock since 8-9-2011