Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Quick Defence Question (oh no not again)

Omni

Since every clan is so desperate to set up their ******** PK trip topics, why doesn't Pure Warfare try to step it up and create rules for pure clan fights like 1/10/20 def GEAR (not accs) for PK trips. Sure natural def makes a small difference but at least its a step in the right direction, not the wrong.

Worst thing that can happen is the 30 def clans make their own community and voila, split the mains from the pures.

You can't tell clans what they can/cannot do on their own pk trips. Clans will wear whatever armour they choose let it be robes/black/mith/addy and if it's so ******* important that people wear addy then don't play the game. Mind your own businuess about this **** and we won't have people bitching constantly about this. Any clan that accepts 20 def isn't pure.

tumblrlpfroib1ql1qhnxnd.jpg

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since every clan is so desperate to set up their ******** PK trip topics, why doesn't Pure Warfare try to step it up and create rules for pure clan fights like 1/10/20 def GEAR (not accs) for PK trips. Sure natural def makes a small difference but at least its a step in the right direction, not the wrong.

Worst thing that can happen is the 30 def clans make their own community and voila, split the mains from the pures.

You can't tell clans what they can/cannot do on their own pk trips. Clans will wear whatever armour they choose let it be robes/black/mith/addy and if it's so ******* important that people wear addy then don't play the game. Mind your own businuess about this **** and we won't have people bitching constantly about this. Any clan that accepts 20 def isn't pure.

Well this is the home of the defenceless and if your clan wants to post their PK trip topics on this site then they're going to have to follow the rules

45w2jk.gif

Well this is the home of the defenceless and if your clan wants to post their PK trip topics on this site then they're going to have to follow the rules

There isn't any rules that say anything about what a clan can/can't do on pk trips. If PW made any this site would become dead.

Stop it! Stop it! Can't you see you're tearing us apart!?!?

way to many walls of texts and too many retarded kids posting who probably dont even know how this **** started.

30 def, even 35 def is not really the problem. the problem is someone with 35 def at lvl 80 which certain clans accept.

another problem is when clans, i know for a fact one for sure who i wont name, has a rank which can only be achieved by having 30 def/turmoil. ajajaja

point is nothing is gonna change this, clans are just gonna keep doing what they wanna do, which is fine. its a game, if u dont want to fight clans with 30 def, then dont pk on the weekends. or suck it up go out and have fun

TLP's longest leader... Rip 9/23/2012

TLP's longest member

Longest continuous pure clan leader

dqmHR.png

Coming from someone who has spent almost all of my clanning time in the Rune Pure/Tank Community I find it pretty natural for someone to want to get 30 def and turmoil.

The reality is in 2007, 1/20 defence was pretty powerful. Now a days it is not.

Pures whether they were 1 def/20 def or even the omg its not pure Zerker were meant to fight mains and over power them through excess offensive and little defense. Now a days 30 def/Turmoil is that type of account.

As for 35+ defence. If it matters at all in terms of perspectives. In the rune pure/Tank community 52 defense is commonly considered the max. Only people who have it are basically people who were 45 defense perfectly before the turmoil update, and through new quests etc got to 52. Idk if that adds or detracts from the debate, but its roughly a 7 level barrier.

ggbannerw.png

foesig1ss1.png
Member of Foe & Leader of Goats

Survival of the fittest, clans adapt to survive.

This is a true statement ^

It's a totally different game now, and 1-10def pures are completely obsolete unless you like pray hybriding. :rolleyes:

Most people who stay 1-10def in the year 2011 do it because of prides issues, they love to skill, or keep it just to stay in the clan they are in. Pures were made to have a advantage over the mains when pking. Going into the year 2012 if you are a 1-10def pure just using your account to skill & clan like 13th R4nger then you are doing it "WRONG" .

2012:

30 Def (Turmoil) = New 1 Def

32 Def (Turmoil) = New 5 Def

33 Def (Turmoil + Hand Cannon) = New 10def

33+ Def (Turmoil) = New 20 Def Failed Pure

Quick Note: For any clans who currently only accept 25- def you will never be a top clan in the year 2012, unless you start adapting to the new game of runescape (Sorry MM). I was one of the first turmoil pures in this game, and I have tried going back to actually being "Pure" maybe 4 times now. Being a 1-10def pure is a completely obsolete account, and anyone who disagrees does not play this game to have fun.

i got no problem pking/mini'ing with 1 def. just a preference if u wanna be a main or a pure

WECV7.png
npbnw.png

Honestly, I'm an oldschool pker so i love the low defense. 1 def is my version of pure. i understand when people accidentally get a few levels and have around 5 def, im fine with that. But a pure is someone without def. now kids have 35 and 38? almost rune pures and still try to call themselves pures? i think its pathetic tbh. i got used to 20 def around the days of Fi but its getting crazy. i wouldnt doubt if in 2015 if rs is still around, pures have 70 def for barrows. the pure world is corrupt now.

Clans should just make a topic saying on this date (w/e date you want) we will be booting all accounts over 32 defence. (Make the topic like 2-3 months before you do it so those kids have time to make a new pure.) And from there on NO clan accepts anyone over 32 defence IF you even accept 30 defencee in your clan.

So lets make the date when this will happen! I say Feb. 1st is the dat over 32 def is banned forever!!!

Who is with me!?!!

"Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat."
xkf9J.png

1 Defence is pure.

2 Defence is not.

35 Defence is usually a pking build or just a really badly failed pure.

Founding Leader of Enemy
Officer of Corrupt Pures
Honoured Member of Epidemic
Leader of Eruption of Pures
4sleex.png

The new guys in Nme have no idea of their clan's actual history lol.

Death to defence!!!!

enemy isnt epidemic newfag. Theres like 10/70 members in our clan that are from epidemic. As you will find in every other clan.

Your leadership is almost all epidemic. (high ranks). i feel ya doe

marty is a ****** aswell

jus sayin

"Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat."
xkf9J.png

The new guys in Nme have no idea of their clan's actual history lol.

Death to defence!!!!

enemy isnt epidemic newfag. Theres like 10/70 members in our clan that are from epidemic. As you will find in every other clan.

Your leadership is almost all epidemic. (high ranks). i feel ya doe

marty is a ****** aswell

jus sayin

A clan is not based on its leadership but its members. Theres no point having the best staff team in existance if they don't have any members behind them.

The state of the current clan world is down to each respective clans leadership teams. They are the only ones with the power to sort out this mess, and don't get me wrong some clans have taken steps, but not enough is being done in general. Huge props for EoP/FOE for banning armour on trips, but that isn't a solution. What we need is for leadership teams to pluck up the courage to change their requirements back to 20- defence.

I can see this happening in a few clans, but others (CP for example) will not change their requirements due to (in my honest opinion), a lack of leadership quality. I'm in no way blaming this on CP, but its for competetive reasons (or the lack of the ability to compete) that clans such as this change their requirements to accept higher defence levels. This all links back to leadership quality and the ability to help a clan progress rather than retrogress.

Proud Ex - High Council of Epidemic
Proud Ex - Leader of Enemy
Proud Mayhem Maker

Well, I personally believe what makes a pure a pure is not the lack of defence, but the lack of ALL major combat skills to be a high level, a pure can be ANY defence as long as it isn't accompanied with maxed stats otherwise

So in my opinion, a 60-99-35 with 99 summ/prayer is a pure, where as a 99-99-35 is a main

just my idea.

So i'm kind of half and half on the 35 defence topic.

One of the first members of TLP

Proud Council of TLP

14bruw2.jpg

cqjc9.png

It's not pure, but I guess the best way to describe it is by relating it to classic... certain accounts back then were called "prayerbeasts" which meant they had ultimate strength at a generally low level

now a days, we have turmoil "pures" which are almost like prayerbeasts from runescape classic.

It's not pure to most people's definition but it's all opinion and to be honest, I'm 20 def and 103+12 cb and it's near impossible to pk because of turmoil zerks and turmoil pures. So right now I'm working on a secondary account that is gonna be 30 def

When turmoil first came out, a lot of people saw the potential and started to get it which led to 30 def accounts, 35 def accounts are only here because people don't know how to take their whip off lash :/

tldr: some people who are turmoil pures fail at not getting def exp

unled1wow.png

nobody thinks anything over 20 def is pure but if you already have an account over it, just makes the game more fun for you personally.

First I slumped you, then I closed you, then I slumped you again, then I closed you, and now I will finish you

AzfyA.png