Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Quick Defence Question (oh no not again)

Omni

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember when i flamed people for 25 def @ pcl back in like 2008 lol....

now im stuck with people who get 35 def and look retarded in the process.

its not pure and we shouldn't be able to wear rune @ any point, if we hit 40 def, hf apps r open nuff said.

Omni idk how to answer ur question cuz i personally don't give a fk about it. you cannot fix the 35 problem only clan leaders who set the requirements can.

----- Clan history -----
----- Founder of Iron Legion 2009 -----
~~~~~ Council of The Last Pures 2010 ~~~~~
Iron Legion for life, and The Last Pures till i die.
aucsi0.jpg

Oh and i forgot to mention, im pretty sure if u get turmoil @ 1 def u have 28 def.

shoulda just stayed 28.

----- Clan history -----
----- Founder of Iron Legion 2009 -----
~~~~~ Council of The Last Pures 2010 ~~~~~
Iron Legion for life, and The Last Pures till i die.
aucsi0.jpg

There is no straight answer to whats pure anymore, before it was just 1 defence and thats it, new updates came out, and rs changed, most clans adapt to changes and well, I guess nobody really stopped it. If people got booted for whip-glitching or accidentally getting 21 def, 25 def etc. then perhaps the defence situation would be different, but clanning just kept going, nothing really changed except random updates that pretty much benefitted anyone who was actually 25 def, or 30 def etc....so for the extra level or two, with some killer new items people just thought hell, why not? Nobody set guidelines for whats pure and what isnt, people just keep adapting to whats happening in scape....you can have opinions on whats pure and what isn't but no single person can rule out what is actually considered pure, and what isn't....I thought we kinda went over this about a thousand times but eh, another time doesn't hurt I guess.

1 def pure, to 10 def pure, to 20 def pure, to 25 def pure, to 30 def pure....some people got 35 defence but thats only a very small quantity of the pure clan community. 40 defence will never be accepted in pure clans, because going from 30 defence to 40 defence is a huge difference from 20 to 30 defence....although its still 10 levels difference, the bonuses and pking style is alot different. I can't see clans accepting anymore than 30 defence...right now we've reached our extreme and going any further would be stupid....some clans have people with 35 defence but it's not like they were 35 def when they apped....that person probably means alot to their clan and has been there for a long time and it would be unfair to boot them, the only option would be to make them train a new account unless you wanted to be an ******* and just straight-up kick them from your clan.

Jagex will eventually probably make some sick-ass update that requires 40 defence or something, but those who choose to get 40+ defence will then be considered a rune pure, and rune will never be a part of pure clanning in my opinion.

There is pure, and then theres rune pure, theres a big difference, although it may only be a few levels difference. Bottom line is, 95% of clans accept 30 defence now, and going any higher would be stupid, we should keep things how it is....because theres no denying it, getting rid of 30 defence just isn't going to happen in my opinion....so many people spent money on turmoil and ruling them out of your clan after already welcoming them into your clan just doesn't seem like the right thing to do.

My outlook on it: This is scape, **** changes, life goes on, and theres alot of other, more important things to worry about rather than 30 defence. My clans accepts turmoil, we no longer allow addy on trips, and if someone has a problem with it, i don't give two *****...suck it up and get used to it. :P

P.S: Interesting topic. ;)

thekingu.png

I guess you could say its a pure, Rune Pures are some what a pure as are zerkers.

Pures were made because it was really good to have maximum offensive with as little defensive as possible. I remember when 20 defs got invited in as pures because of they had so good mage bonus for the 20 def gear.

now I dont know how many defence levels there are from 20 to 35 but I wouldn't think it is worth it for addy berserker shield?????

Just my opinion, however most who has 30+ def only plays for their clan and just wants to help the clan to do as best as they can with the numbers they have.

alek.png

---Proud Ex Carnage High Council---

--Former Events Team of TLP--

Survival of the fittest, clans adapt to survive.

This is a true statement ^

It's a totally different game now, and 1-10def pures are completely obsolete unless you like pray hybriding. :rolleyes:

Most people who stay 1-10def in the year 2011 do it because of prides issues, they love to skill, or keep it just to stay in the clan they are in. Pures were made to have a advantage over the mains when pking. Going into the year 2012 if you are a 1-10def pure just using your account to skill & clan like 13th R4nger then you are doing it "WRONG" .

2012:

30 Def (Turmoil) = New 1 Def

32 Def (Turmoil) = New 5 Def

33 Def (Turmoil + Hand Cannon) = New 10def

33+ Def (Turmoil) = New 20 Def Failed Pure

Quick Note: For any clans who currently only accept 25- def you will never be a top clan in the year 2012, unless you start adapting to the new game of runescape (Sorry MM). I was one of the first turmoil pures in this game, and I have tried going back to actually being "Pure" maybe 4 times now. Being a 1-10def pure is a completely obsolete account, and anyone who disagrees does not play this game to have fun.

i think that's why i see all those big badass 30 def 'pures' killing mains. oh wait.. they make 1-10 def accounts because they cant fight mains.

Signature is too large
[img=http://cdn2.maxim.com/blender/files/2009/06/08/roots/FlavorFlav_1a.jpg]

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEdiots.

Since every clan is so desperate to set up their ******** PK trip topics, why doesn't Pure Warfare try to step it up and create rules for pure clan fights like 1/10/20 def GEAR (not accs) for PK trips. Sure natural def makes a small difference but at least its a step in the right direction, not the wrong.

Worst thing that can happen is the 30 def clans make their own community and voila, split the mains from the pures.

You can't tell clans what they can/cannot do on their own pk trips. Clans will wear whatever armour they choose let it be robes/black/mith/addy and if it's so ******* important that people wear addy then don't play the game. Mind your own businuess about this **** and we won't have people bitching constantly about this. Any clan that accepts 20 def isn't pure.

Well this is the home of the defenceless and if your clan wants to post their PK trip topics on this site then they're going to have to follow the rules

There isn't any rules that say anything about what a clan can/can't do on pk trips. If PW made any this site would become dead.

They wouldn't allow 40 defence though.

Proud to have been a member of Carnage [2008-Closed]

Proud Legend of Zenith [2010-Present]

seanssig.jpg

seansltdpic1edited.jpg

It is not pure in the 2006 sense,

nor is it what i would define as pure in the 2011 sense either though.

What you have to look at is why people made pures, what was the purpose. Essentially all i can remember and from what i can gather from other old school arguments is to be good at pking.

to be as destructive as possible as the lowest combat you could be with that ko power which in the olden times was always with 1 defence as defence played no part what so ever in koing ability. I mean hell, 'pures' actually were just one combat based i.e melee only or range only...

From that today people have stuck to that basic definition and understanding and still strive to have the maximum ko power and pking account at the lowest combat possible for them to have so, however these days with the defensive bonus available that can include some defence levels, they still aim to be at low combat as possible though whilst having this power.. i.e. turmoil etc.

Therefore you can either say people with accounts like that are still pure by the definition i have put foward there or you can say they are not pures by the other argued definition of pure = 1 defence.

if that is the case then im sure they will not care and just as happily be called pking accounts as that is what they are built and designed to do, the label on them does not change a fact. So that means that we are not a pure community we are a pking community built around pking accounts and clans. Even clans such as mm have people with 20 or slightly higher defence which again is not pure, simply pking accounts by the strict definition.

Now that is a general and accurate argument for the purpose of 30 defence or turmoil.

35 defence is neither of those, addy zerker shield makes no significant difference to the ko power or pking effectivness of the account so to warrant the defence levels. That is nothing more than failed accounts, weak leadership for allowing them in the clan and not a pure clan by any definition possible.

However, who the **** are we to step in and judge or command different? many clans these days do not have the history or man power or prestige to compete with clans that have done these for over half a decade... so they make do with what they have, they will often look at the person behind the account and sure he may be **** at runescape for geting 35 def but he may be a legit guy and someone they will enjoy scaping with blah blah blah... so they enjoy have them in their clans and just enjoy some scaping as gay as it sounds.

Also i mean, lets face it who says mahatma got it right? **** me he is a real example of a **** up sitting at what 17 or 19 def or w/e he is... he should be disregarded as a pure but i dont see that happening soon.

the morale of the story, stop caring it wastes too much of everybody's time.

#TEAM-WALLI

textwall

I was going to agree with you.. then I read the rest of your post..

"pure" originated as an account having the highest offensive abilities at lowest possible combat, refining it from every single un-offensive stats, pures were meant to be 1 defence, low prayer.. even going over 31/34 pray was frowned-upon, with the exception of hp because it was almost impossible to avoid it, being a pure's only "natural defence"..

with the formation of pure clans and pking teams, the definition of a pure was slightly changed, with people messing up with defence, 20 defence was the "max a pure should ever be", and that was the definition that was agreed on widely.. and it stuck for years.

thats what a pure was, what a pure is, and what a pure should be.

by your logic.. "adapting" to rs changes, from being pure to being a "pking account/community", we should've accepted rune pures long ago (06/07), when zerkers started to get all the bonuses, updates such as defenders, torso, bgloves.. as they became a better type of "pking account".. hell, even tanks are better "pking accounts".. why didnt it happen then? because every pure, pure clan, pure team sticked to the definition of pure..

then turmoil came, and as stated, it was adopted by clans who couldnt compete, unfortunately spreading to the whole "pure community".

topxo.png
botbi.png

so what you are saying is it is ok for people to 'widely agree' to change the definition of a pure back then to 20 defence which bared no positive purpose or offensive purpose i should say, but you claim that argument is void now.

you sir are an idiot.

#TEAM-WALLI

yes, im in no way saying that 20 def is near worth it offensively.. because its almost useless... it was just set as a boundary for maximum human errors, people who get 2-9 def train to 10, and 10 def people might screw up even more and train to 20.. thats what 20 def is

and if you're not convinced then you sir, are leading ( or used to lead) a clan based on hypocrisy ... why was YOUR clan, along with every other pure clan allowed 20 def max? thats just how it is for years, it became a law, a code and even some sort of common sense .. that pures are 1-20 defense.

topxo.png
botbi.png

you are incorrect.

i also didnt allow any armour under my lead which didnt give offensive bonus. monks robes are the most efficient armour.

but again you are justifying and allowing for a boundary to be set by who... the general and majority of the 'pure world'

yet when a new boundary is set these days it is not allowed?

#TEAM-WALLI

If you're saying pures are 20- defence because most people agree on it, how is that any different for 30, seeing as most clans accept it?

omnicorpcopy.png

raafcj.png

QUOTE (Kingrang3194 @ Jul 21 2012, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl why is a banana

Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords.

no im saying 20- def is what it should've stayed..

I guess if 70 def "barrows pure" were accepted and spread to 90% of pure clans you'd be ok with it since everybody is doing it?

That's not my logic, it's yours. I believe if you can wear steel you aren't a pure.

omnicorpcopy.png

raafcj.png

QUOTE (Kingrang3194 @ Jul 21 2012, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl why is a banana

Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords.