Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

How to become a British Expat

Karl

So, I really want to move out of England and just get away from the diminishing culture and horrible lifestyle everyone has over here. I want to start fresh, clear my mind and make my own way through life.

For those that don't know what an expat is, it's short for expatriate, meaning someone who is temporarily/permanently living in a country which is different to their nationality.

I'd love to move over the the USA, firstly as a student and get a degree in computer programming or business management, or perhaps something else, but where's the best place to study? I'd also then, if able to apply for citizenship and find a company willing to sponsor me to stay in the USA, permanently.

But with the different states, each local district has a different way of doing things and different requirements, so where would I start? If anyone has any knowledge of moving to another country let me know how you found the move, and how I should prepare myself for a move.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

Why the USA, it sucks

England is slumping. (Pun intended)

California would be the best man. So many different schools with different oppurtunities and on top of that just a really nice place to live.

Is the cost of living high there? I've been looking at Maryland.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

i live in california and can vouch for our public education. we have some of the best schools in the country for science/medicine. people have different lifestyles depending on where you live, but as a local from Los Angeles I can tell you people from all over the world live here. We are known as the melting pot for that reason. There is so much to learn and discover here and apart from the heat, one of the most amazing places to live.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anyone had an experience of moving abroad?

What stages are there?

All I know is that I have to find somewhere to study, somewhere to live and possibly get sponsorship from a company if I intend to get permanent residency. Plus apply for a student VISA.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

Welp, if you don't want to pay taxes and have to pump your own gas, come to Oregon :P

Other than that I would have chosen either Australia or New Zealand, but I hear they have big spiders :( And I do not do well with spiders at all (even the tiny ones that lurk in my room).

Anyways, hope you manage to work everything out soon there Karl.

~Nosympathy

WTF, go get in serious debt with university, get a spot at edge hill and I'll let you board in my attic <3

Can't say I have experience permanently, but go Australia ;), see a lot of programs of life programs on TV showing British people moving there, looks like a nice start.

tbGUZ.png

iTmiT.png

I've always thought it would be nice to live abroad for a while, really experience a different culture and just get my life back on track.

I was thinking of maybe taking America on after uni, or just travel around for a little gap year not too sure atm.

See why you wan't to get out of England though, its a hole, in so many respects.

tmapw.png

Why the USA, it sucks

England is slumping. (Pun intended)

California would be the best man. So many different schools with different oppurtunities and on top of that just a really nice place to live.

Is the cost of living high there? I've been looking at Maryland.

I can't see Maryland being cheaper. Thought you wanted to get away from that cold though.

"Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat."
xkf9J.png

Go to either NY institute of technology, PA, Deleware, Maryland, Virgina and round' those areas. Do NOT go to CT, our taxes are the highest and we have the largest gap of Highest Income and Lowest Income population.

Computers is the best place for you to work with. Hopefully your credit is decent and you can get a student loan. Get that degree with computer science or whatever that instravolves those computers and you'll have a job straight out of college getting paid at least 50k a yr to start.

My best bet is to do hacking protection with homeland security. This will secure you a job and benifits for life.