Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

New Members' Pricing

Karl

We have some ambitious plans for 2012, as we continue to invest more than ever before in RuneScape to add even more exciting updates and improvements to the game.From the 1st of February 2012, we will be increasing the RuneScape membership prices, for NEW members, to $7.95 in the US, £4.95 in the UK and ?6.95 in the euro zone.

View the full article

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

I feel like the increase in price is far too great.

From £3.20 to £4.95, that's more than a 50% increase.

Jagex currently have 755,000 members so that's a minimum of £2,416,000 per month. How much more do they need? One thing that keeps people paying for RuneScape is the fact that it's far cheaper than any other game out there, and you can play it in a web browser. A lot of people don't have good enough PC's to play top end games, while many others simply cannot afford the recurring subscriptions of them. That was RuneScapes' niche market, which is tumbling away.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

On top of all that:

http://www.develop-online.net/news/39563/I...nescape-hackers

Jagex is to be awarded a sum “in excess of six figures” for damages after a protracted court battle against Runescape hackers, legal papers show.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

For all you ex-botters

On top of all that:

http://www.develop-online.net/news/39563/I...nescape-hackers

Jagex is to be awarded a sum “in excess of six figures” for damages after a protracted court battle against Runescape hackers, legal papers show.

<``Karl> “In the next few weeks our websites, domains, code and customer details will be passed over to Jagex along with details of all those people who we know have developed scripts for iBot and sold or re-sold those scripts.

<``Karl> CUSTOMER DETAILS

^ The botting site

:o

tbGUZ.png

iTmiT.png

Seems like typical greedy Jagex

Glad I retired as well

Furious-Chan is a noob K-ON! Fan|I like Starcraft 2 and League of Legends ヽ(´ー`)ノ ~IGN both "MooMooMugi"

******* hell.

"So count your money, ill count my friends, we will see who's richer in the end."

Ynxx0.gif

Proud Founder of We Are Royalty

Proud to have been Council of Enemy

Proud to have been Member of Fatality

Proud Council of Epidemic

warfc.png

I Bleed Teal

#WAR-RS

Ugh, what is the definition of a "new member"? Somebody who takes a break for one month then resumes playing...? Or somebody who has NEVER BEEN MEMBERS before?

So Poe is rectified as cancer right?

Ugh, what is the definition of a "new member"? Somebody who takes a break for one month then resumes playing...? Or somebody who has NEVER BEEN MEMBERS before?

If you stop paying for 7 days or more, you then have to pay the new price. Registration date doesn't matter.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

Zzzzz.. I don't agree with the updates they make, half of it is pointless and I'm usually unengaged with 95% of the updates anyways because it's all "main content". I understand the difficulties of Java, and financial standpoint of making things "look pretty", but they severely need to update the combat system; like the rumors said - to input a system where "skill actually matters". And they need to BALANCE the system (aka update it).

Upset with this price update.

Ya, it's for new members which might turn away a newer generation and newer playerbase. One reason I guess for the price update is: To dismay bots a bit (since they are returning slowly), and the original generation of scapers is steadily getting older (the majority 17-18+ easily - If anything even 20+), this points to US all having SOME SORT of income, instead of begging mommy or daddy.

For the US it's $5.95 --> $8. The 2 bucks isn't a killer, and for the amount of entertainment the game brings to me, I can understand. Everything in New York City is rising (hell almost everything that relates to the cost of living in the world is rising), from french fries at McDonald's to a beer at a local bar. It's just another something that I expected.

I currently make $25 dollars an hour, and I go to school full time, and I do spend a few hours a week scapin' here n' there, but I still think it's still worth it for the amount of entertainment I get. The little $2 is neglect-able but like I stated... the younger, potential fanbase might not be able to scrap up the extra 2 bucks.

The extra 2 dollars might be a deal breaker for people who make minimum wage... And I'd feel sorry for whoever does, but just think about how much money some people spend on "dating an irl girl" (lol 2d gurls ftw) and think about how much cash people throw away daily just doin' random stuff like shopping, or going to the amusement park.

Even then.. it's still an increasing price in a decreasingly fun game.