Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Where will clans go from here?

Karl

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

erm 30 defence is "Pure" at this day and age. 45 def isnt, so i'm not sure why "Pures of Today" are allowed to even be associated with the "pure" community; but thats just my two cents.

Wall of text

Should have thought before crashing everything m8! (or put "permanently banned" through a finnish translator when you were warned) :teehee:

MM was banned from pking in the wilderness or something that day...? EOP said they'd AC us but they backed out so we went for them anyways. Anyways it was well worth and I don't think anyone from MM is complaining about it. Just said it was funny.

The pure community is not dead, the clanning one is. This site has no resemblance of the pure community at all. Hell even MM who is I would say the real pure clan (sorry NME) is banished from this site.

I lost you when you regarded MM as a pure clan.

yea true I guess 6 defence average is too high. Maybe we should go back to accepting rune pures & tank mages.

If you want the truth and nothing but the truth click my sig.
16gqdc.png
pinkside.png
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall
If you have any questions about MM or in general click .

You guys take things to seriously lol

Just play, have some sort of fun and don't give a fck (;

11j2cfd.gif[Retired- High Council]| Since 09' | #Clan-CP | www.cp-rs.com |
corrutpures2sig.pngcorruptpures.png
"Could we even recognize ourselves, and if we did, would we know ourselves?
What would we say to ourselves? What would we learn from ourselves?
What would we really like to see if we could stand outside ourselves and look at us?"

Times change cause of runescape changing, if you want to change it make it better, make a new set of codes. But who can make that It would have to go with the new armour etc. ***** fuckedc best way to deal with it is just join a lpc on the side for the old times.

hzyo.png

hBNTV.png

srrw4.png

erm 30 defence is "Pure" at this day and age. 45 def isnt, so i'm not sure why "Pures of Today" are allowed to even be associated with the "pure" community; but thats just my two cents.

Who made 30 defence "Pure"? It's been accepted since 2007 so don't act like it's something new in this "day and age".

I keep hearing these stupid arguments how 30 defence is pure because gives you much more offensive bonuses. Well no **** so does 40/42/45 so why isn't it pure? It blows the 30defence out of the water... While we're at it lets just get 75 defence because the bonuses on bandos/divines/etc allow you to be much more offensive and gives awesome bonuses. 30 defence logic at its best :teehee: . If someone has a good reason on why 30 defence is pure please post it.

Pure has been defined since the start of RS2 (not gonna go into RSC debate) as low defence (preferably 1). 1 defence is not dead it is very dominant in the game but past 90 combat there are much better "pking" builds such as turmoil but does that make it pure? NO.

The pure community is not dead, the clanning one is. This site has no resemblance of the pure community at all. Hell even MM who is I would say the real pure clan (sorry NME) is banished from this site. I find it funny how the longest open pure clan and really the only pure clan is banned. Many of the pures in the runescape community are NH and really don't give a **** for clanning. Most would probably scam you for under a dollar of RL money as well.

Lets just say the golden years of pure clanning are over, hell there is only 3 left... Big props to EF and NME for sticking to their guns as well.

Anyways I think I'll end my wall of text here... Thanks for letting me vent.

Oh and if you want a community to chat on check out MM forums: https://www.mm-rs.org/forums/

This site has like 1/5th of the activity.

1. I agree. However there are about twenty other topics discussing the benefits of turmoil and or higher defense, JaGex has already stated that they are pro-defense - logcal fallacy, and defiance at it's epitome.

2. Pures have been defined as 1 def since the start of the game, not even going into RS2.

3. I disagree, the pure community (which involves clanning) is not dead, it may not be as prevalent as it was before, but there are still people out there putting real time, and real effort into having as much fun as possible. And it's not just our generation, it's the newer generation of folks coming into the game and having a blast.

"Many of the pures in the runescape community are NH and really don't give a **** for clanning. Most would probably scam you for under a dollar of RL money as well."

An extremely pessimistic viewpoint, it's human nature to remember all the "bad things" over the "good things" but let's look at this in a neutral perspective. Sure we all are aware of the scamming, DDoSing, immaturity, trolling within our community. Nevertheless as nerdy and redundant as this may sound, I will regurgitate it again; there are very deep bonds of "friendship" established, with all the time you've spent talking to folks, all the jokes, and laughter, and ******** you guys went through. Being in a clan everybody shares an environment which each and every individual apart of, may fit in. I've seen myself, the trust and depth of comradeship in each clan, and I've felt it. There are stories of people getting scammed by their "best friend on scape for 5 years" over 100m, and there are tales of people getting hacked for defense, on the other hand there are instances where folks have trusted friends with over 4b.

There are cases and relationships that I've personally built through this community that I would pay a meager 100m to keep, because the value, the bond of that friendship is worth far more.

I'll tell you this right now, I'd rather be short that 100m and have a great friend "got mah back"

4. No problem you're cute.

5. #1 cheif bullshitter = Spesh. I applaud you.

P.S. - I don't even know why you're putting up that stupid facade my attractive Canadian scaper'. MM was banned for obvious reasons - Crash the event = ban.

It was forewarned and put as bluntly as possible. The gesture alone reaped what it sowed; "Oh hey, let's not give a **** and just crash the event that PW made lololol" = lack of respect, I don't know what we did that was wrong, but in regards, why on earth should we show respect to a clan that just spat in our faces?

And in a guilty honesty, I'm pretty happy that you're taking your time to post and point out that MM is "banished" because I guess the staff's decision here did make some impact, no matter how small. :3

So Poe is rectified as cancer right?

Wall of text

Should have thought before crashing everything m8! (or put "permanently banned" through a finnish translator when you were warned) :teehee:

MM was banned from pking in the wilderness or something that day...? EOP said they'd AC us but they backed out so we went for them anyways. Anyways it was well worth and I don't think anyone from MM is complaining about it. Just said it was funny.

The pure community is not dead, the clanning one is. This site has no resemblance of the pure community at all. Hell even MM who is I would say the real pure clan (sorry NME) is banished from this site.

yea true I guess 6 defence average is too high. Maybe we should go back to accepting rune pures & tank mages.

Well yes, that is too high, that has some defensive capabilities.

You also accept 20 defence, I'm guessing 20 def is pure too...? Doesn't matter how little of it you have in your clan, you accept it and 20 defence is there, so you don't really have a right to call any other clan not pure.

tbGUZ.png

iTmiT.png

The pure codes made sense 5 years ago, times have changed. With new weapons armor etc being a 1 def 1 prayer classic pure will render you useless in a none robe fight.

I can assure you that no clan will ever accept rune and openly use it. Ddosing has been a problem for at least two years now and there is really nothing you can do to stop it. I am guessing since the average age of the pure world and their leaders ( tlp eop foe mm cp fi ) have grown to old to be fully concentrated on the game they now have that i don't give a fck mentality which leads to the problems the pure world has today.

With the 30 def i personally see nothing wrong with it, its the survival of the fittest and if you wish to live in the past then prepare to die.

Corrupt Pures [High Council]| Since 09' | #Clan-CP | www.cp-rs.com |

Like you know what your talking about. lolol

2qda4bp.png

wildysig.png

Wall of text

You also accept 20 defence, I'm guessing 20 def is pure too...? Doesn't matter how little of it you have in your clan, you accept it and 20 defence is there, so you don't really have a right to call any other clan not pure.

MM is prob the most pure clan alive with their averages. Unlike every other clan, they do not encourage training def. The line had to be drawn somewhere and it is 20. Unlike every other clan who are nearing closer to 40. Quite admirable tbh, how MM are still steamrolling clans who have 20+ def levels on them. If you were to draw out a graph, MM's K/D correlates directly to defense levels being higher.

Okay I'm going to pull a quote from myself from a different topic discussing this issue. Most of what is said below applies here.

The responses here are just pathetic, I swear, most of you people have no idea what you're talking about and have no understand as to how a functional and respectable community is supposed to function.

I can't believe some of you guys are so ignorant to even say 2 def isn't pure... Realize that 10 def was ALWAYS considered pure. Such a negligible combat difference from the ideal of 1 def didn't really matter and so it was still considered pure. There was an understanding that the principle was always to keep 1 def, but 10 def was also acceptable because of the mechanics back in the day. Most of you don't realize, but it was extremely easy to get def in early RS. You were locked into controlled upon log in and couldn't swap combat styles until you engaged in combat. Say you got disconnected while training on aggressive monsters (ie. anywhere in the wild) you were pretty much screwed because the second you logged on you were hit first in a 3 round combat system which meant as you retaliated you had no time to switch from controlled to an appropriate attack style. This was understood and ~10 def was given to act as a buffer for pures. Anyone who says "if we can't call 35 def pure, you can't call 2 def pure" is wrong. And to one of the above posts saying 31/43 pray was frowned upon, it wasn't if you had a certain strength level. I think it was 81, I can't remember, but there was a level where it made your account more powerful.

I'm not going to go into the history of a pure, because so few people are here that even remember/played during the time it was established it isn't worth mentioning. 30 def is acceptable today because there is no person or group of people who want to take the time to speak with each other and establish what it means to be a pure. Most people here go by the faulty definition of a pure being an account that is the best offensive account with the lowest possible def, but they're wrong. That fit into the original definition of a pure and was the driving reason for being a pure, but what made the pure what it was is the complete neglect of def in favour of combat stats. Times have changed and the old build is no longer optimal, but this does not change what a pure is, is just made pures less effective in comparison to other builds.

If we want to get back on track to what a pure really is, we need to define ourselves once again and build this community from the ground up if it comes to that. What seperates the RS community from more respectable gaming communities (something almost no one here has experience with) is not only the maturity, but that the "leaders" of our community can't even get together, take a step back from all the drama and sort out these huge issues we're having.

As leaders of a community board like this, why do you support clans that have 30 def when you don't even agree with it yourself? How long until the majority of this community starts to accept rune? In supporting clans that have 30 def you're not doing any good for this community. What can't be salvaged in this community needs to be dropped and we all have to move on. The entire pure community suffered a serious blow many years back and we rebounded, it can be done again. You people see this community for what it is now and seek to change it when most of the elements here will never change. Myself and others see the community for what it could be, know what needs to be done to restore it but can't do it ourselves. Step up and do what's right for the community.

30nj3p2.gif

^13th'd^

In my opinon , the pure world is very much alive there's a ton of pures In Runescape it's just up to clans to introduce them to the Stable clan communitys that we have. At the moment all we are doing is Recycling the same people over & over again forcing " Top " members of clans who have gotten hacked for defence or have gotten defence over time due to any reason. Giving them a chance to stay within the clan since nobody else's clan give a **** to kick them and replace them with a fresh recruit.

I'm thinking , in order to maybe give some help into the world is to have Pure-warfare have clans support a New event for all clans to attend without any impromper feedback such as MM bsing everyone. I remember back in the day we had an event in Fight Pits with almost every " known " pure clan in RS including main clans. Why not try this again or come up with some type of new event , Have every clan that's going to attend put up a promo vid for it on there youtubes & forums and have them put an outcome of the even from there view on there youtube. Might catch some eye's from random pures in RS . Never know

lets bring some fresh blood to pure clanning! :D

brbadvertisingatGe

20110420172703.png

2cgjyaf.jpg

warlord.gifCorrupt Pures Legend

Okay I'm going to pull a quote from myself from a different topic discussing this issue. Most of what is said below applies here.

The responses here are just pathetic, I swear, most of you people have no idea what you're talking about and have no understand as to how a functional and respectable community is supposed to function.

I can't believe some of you guys are so ignorant to even say 2 def isn't pure... Realize that 10 def was ALWAYS considered pure. Such a negligible combat difference from the ideal of 1 def didn't really matter and so it was still considered pure. There was an understanding that the principle was always to keep 1 def, but 10 def was also acceptable because of the mechanics back in the day. Most of you don't realize, but it was extremely easy to get def in early RS. You were locked into controlled upon log in and couldn't swap combat styles until you engaged in combat. Say you got disconnected while training on aggressive monsters (ie. anywhere in the wild) you were pretty much screwed because the second you logged on you were hit first in a 3 round combat system which meant as you retaliated you had no time to switch from controlled to an appropriate attack style. This was understood and ~10 def was given to act as a buffer for pures. Anyone who says "if we can't call 35 def pure, you can't call 2 def pure" is wrong. And to one of the above posts saying 31/43 pray was frowned upon, it wasn't if you had a certain strength level. I think it was 81, I can't remember, but there was a level where it made your account more powerful.

I'm not going to go into the history of a pure, because so few people are here that even remember/played during the time it was established it isn't worth mentioning. 30 def is acceptable today because there is no person or group of people who want to take the time to speak with each other and establish what it means to be a pure. Most people here go by the faulty definition of a pure being an account that is the best offensive account with the lowest possible def, but they're wrong. That fit into the original definition of a pure and was the driving reason for being a pure, but what made the pure what it was is the complete neglect of def in favour of combat stats. Times have changed and the old build is no longer optimal, but this does not change what a pure is, is just made pures less effective in comparison to other builds.

If we want to get back on track to what a pure really is, we need to define ourselves once again and build this community from the ground up if it comes to that. What seperates the RS community from more respectable gaming communities (something almost no one here has experience with) is not only the maturity, but that the "leaders" of our community can't even get together, take a step back from all the drama and sort out these huge issues we're having.

As leaders of a community board like this, why do you support clans that have 30 def when you don't even agree with it yourself? How long until the majority of this community starts to accept rune? In supporting clans that have 30 def you're not doing any good for this community. What can't be salvaged in this community needs to be dropped and we all have to move on. The entire pure community suffered a serious blow many years back and we rebounded, it can be done again. You people see this community for what it is now and seek to change it when most of the elements here will never change. Myself and others see the community for what it could be, know what needs to be done to restore it but can't do it ourselves. Step up and do what's right for the community.

I completely agree with everything you said in this topic. But the truth is now, is that clans don't even have fun anymore. They go out, on pk trips for one thing to smash there competition, just to have a self proclaimed #1 title. Back in the day people could fight, not return and walk down, and spam good fight. Clans had respect for each other back than, and could even have 2+2 fights, and they still have fun. Now you look at it. Yeah some clans can do this, but others be pricks, and start messin about. Ddosing, spies, leaks everything are all tactics pretty much every clan uses, to grab the upper advantage on there rivalries. Its pathetic now a days. We now use the KDR system, and everyone bases it on how there trip went. You could go a negative kdr, and still have a fun successful trip.

The truth is, is that if you look at clan leaders now a days. They all need to use these tactics, to help them get a win for a pure warfare topic. They won't talk about it simply because there are going to be arrogant clans who won't drop there defence levels. That just means people who are to lazy, or don't want to start another account won't. Than they'll join the clan that allows 30 defense. It is sad indeed to see what it has come to.

2qda4bp.png

wildysig.png

Wall of text

MM is prob the most pure clan alive with their averages. Unlike every other clan, they do not encourage training def. The line had to be drawn somewhere and it is 20. Unlike every other clan who are nearing closer to 40. Quite admirable tbh, how MM are still steamrolling clans who have 20+ def levels on them. If you were to draw out a graph, MM's K/D correlates directly to defense levels being higher.

Don't really take an interest in how much they own or whatever, they might just do I'll take your word for it, I'm stating the allowing of 20 defence is just as "wrong" to be considered pure as it is 30, both are defensive and no matter if people are not encouraged to get def or if there are a minority amount of 20 defence in the clan, the fact it's there doesn't make them any better.

tbGUZ.png

iTmiT.png

Wall of text

Don't really take an interest in how much they own or whatever, they might just do I'll take your word for it, I'm stating the allowing of 20 defence is just as "wrong" to be considered pure as it is 30, both are defensive and no matter if people are not encouraged to get def or if there are a minority amount of 20 defence in the clan, the fact it's there doesn't make them any better.

Well I guess telling people to get 30 def unquested would be better than 20 def.

Who made 30 defence "Pure"? It's been accepted since 2007 so don't act like it's something new in this "day and age".

I keep hearing these stupid arguments how 30 defence is pure because gives you much more offensive bonuses. Well no **** so does 40/42/45 so why isn't it pure? It blows the 30defence out of the water... While we're at it lets just get 75 defence because the bonuses on bandos/divines/etc allow you to be much more offensive and gives awesome bonuses. 30 defence logic at its best :teehee: . If someone has a good reason on why 30 defence is pure please post it.

Pure has been defined since the start of RS2 (not gonna go into RSC debate) as low defence (preferably 1). 1 defence is not dead it is very dominant in the game but past 90 combat there are much better "pking" builds such as turmoil but does that make it pure? NO.

The pure community is not dead, the clanning one is. This site has no resemblance of the pure community at all. Hell even MM who is I would say the real pure clan (sorry NME) is banished from this site. I find it funny how the longest open pure clan and really the only pure clan is banned. Many of the pures in the runescape community are NH and really don't give a **** for clanning. Most would probably scam you for under a dollar of RL money as well.

Lets just say the golden years of pure clanning are over, hell there is only 3 left... Big props to EF and NME for sticking to their guns as well.

Anyways I think I'll end my wall of text here... Thanks for letting me vent.

Oh and if you want a community to chat on check out MM forums: https://www.mm-rs.org/forums/

This site has like 1/5th of the activity.

By the God Speshls himself :whistling:

dipsy.png

Wall of text

Well I guess telling people to get 30 def unquested would be better than 20 def.

Better? Nope, both are not pure, simple as that :thumbsup:

tbGUZ.png

iTmiT.png

The pure codes made sense 5 years ago, times have changed. With new weapons armor etc being a 1 def 1 prayer classic pure will render you useless in a none robe fight.

I can assure you that no clan will ever accept rune and openly use it. Ddosing has been a problem for at least two years now and there is really nothing you can do to stop it. I am guessing since the average age of the pure world and their leaders ( tlp eop foe mm cp fi ) have grown to old to be fully concentrated on the game they now have that i don't give a fck mentality which leads to the problems the pure world has today.

With the 30 def i personally see nothing wrong with it, its the survival of the fittest and if you wish to live in the past then prepare to die.

Corrupt Pures [High Council]| Since 09' | #Clan-CP | www.cp-rs.com |

Like you know what your talking about. lolol

Lil guys trying to make a stand, i applaud you. Hc since 09 corrupt pure since 06. Pitty you... R.I.P Cd you accomplished nothing.

What would we really like to see if we could stand outside ourselves and look at us?"

I completely agree with everything you said in this topic. But the truth is now, is that clans don't even have fun anymore. They go out, on pk trips for one thing to smash there competition, just to have a self proclaimed #1 title. Back in the day people could fight, not return and walk down, and spam good fight. Clans had respect for each other back than, and could even have 2+2 fights, and they still have fun. Now you look at it. Yeah some clans can do this, but others be pricks, and start messin about. Ddosing, spies, leaks everything are all tactics pretty much every clan uses, to grab the upper advantage on there rivalries. Its pathetic now a days. We now use the KDR system, and everyone bases it on how there trip went. You could go a negative kdr, and still have a fun successful trip.

The truth is, is that if you look at clan leaders now a days. They all need to use these tactics, to help them get a win for a pure warfare topic. They won't talk about it simply because there are going to be arrogant clans who won't drop there defence levels. That just means people who are to lazy, or don't want to start another account won't. Than they'll join the clan that allows 30 defense. It is sad indeed to see what it has come to.

Clans don't have fun?

Well then again it depends what clan you are in. :rolleyes:

Proud one defence pure minus the intense shitty community this has become.

29q01op.jpg

Coming at Full Force since February 1st, 2012.

hzsigbrol.png
Retired 6/28/14

It is the new era of leaderships in clans that thinks 30 defence is pure. People are saying they get 30 defence for offensive bonuses and all of that bs then why didn't pure world allow 40 defence when veng came out and all of that? Everyone says they play this game for fun and don't care anymore then why do clans worry about winning so much and care about what you KDR or whatever that bs is so much? Then I will get to this you shouldn't have to have 30 defence to have fun since most people don't pk that goes back to having fun on this game. If you didn't care about this game then you wouldn't waste your time questing 30 defence , walking 95 prayer, buying bots when they were out, and care about making a stupid weekend topic flamming each other. Everyone is these clans are just following each other getting 30 defence to win but at the same time saying they don't care about the game? I mean everyone of these people who help build the pure community on accepting REAL pures for how ever many years they did then have these newfags ruin the community with this bs. Last thing I will say if you didn't care about this game then why do you ddos, hack, flame, and troll?

xdf1vq.png