Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

New Pure Clans vs. Old Pure Clans

KaZa

I wanted to start this topic to kind of get an idea of what people thought, not just my own opinion. I ask that there be no flaming because I really care about the populace's ideas. No answer is wrong, no answer is dumb. First off let me share my views; I love pure clanning, I really do, but when it gets to the point where 5 or so big clans hold a monopoly of the supply good pures and turn the clan into an impenetrable fortress for a new member and new pure clans last for a couple of months, a year if they're lucky and resort to DDoSing other pure clans to vent frustration, it gets ridiculous. I personally think they're should be a diversity of pure clans and an enviroment that is friendly to the creation of new pure clans because lets face it, its boring to watch the same top 10 pure clans fight, I know that some members of FOE and MM and even TLP would like to see more clans that pose a challenge to them and would fill up their midweek events. So please, with as little flaming as possible, tell me your views on this topic and what could be done to help the creation of a better pure world.

screenshot20120711at333.png

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would rather you didnt keep trying with **** pointless little clans which often only exist to give people who want ranks and a sense of ownership a place to belong.

and just have 5 big dogs with big numbers going at it 24/7

Foe, Tlp, Fi, Eop and MM would do me fine.

You take out all the other clans trying to make a break and throw them in amongst them so you got 5 reasonably pulling clans would make for more interest and competition.

Just my opinion though

#TEAM-WALLI

There used to so much more clans out before that could pull 50+ I think competition had the most quality during 2007-2008 then it just dropped off where clans closed one after another and ever since its been the same 6-7 everyone knows who they are clans competing with each other

For me I've always enjoyed seeing small clans improve and get good enough to fight your clan one on one in something meaningful as it's always started out, respectable rivalry, but ever since I've been around recently it's been hard to watch what how these clans carry themselves and from a method stand point are going to get no where doing what they do

And it just honestly becomes the fault of the bigger clans because in my mind they started to set that example and most of the time when a clan gets started its not from scratch anymore, youre going to lose a chunk of members from your clan so their leadership either remakes some dead clan or something resembling it

If you ask me its just what you're going to have a recycled pure community where every member/leader of your clan has probably been in 2-5 clans and then those clans end up closing because they fail like theyre expected to and its just a very vicious cycle and led to what we have now

I would rather you didnt keep trying with **** pointless little clans which often only exist to give people who want ranks and a sense of ownership a place to belong.

You take out all the other clans trying to make a break and throw them in amongst them so you got 5 reasonably pulling clans would make for more interest and competition.

Just my opinion though

This would be the best era of pure clanning ever.

Stop it! Stop it! Can't you see you're tearing us apart!?!?

Just my opinion though

I kind of agree with this, except instead of only those 5 I think there should be 3 MPC clans who pull 60s~ like before (A good example of this was when DP was declining and IR,DV,C were on the rise, they were all having extremely nice fights that were rarely crashed due to the others fighting a lot more than now).

111106164814.png

hsig1.png

Just my opinion though

It would be intense.

Applied for Hostility 06, May, 2012 <3

Accepted as a Lion 12, May, 2012 <3

wearelions.png

2vjycmx.jpg

It's not the big guys fault the little guys don't make it, it's the little guys fault for not knowing how to create a solid base in their clan. Look at nme, they started out little and are currently in a decent spot competing with mpcs, you guys just need to learn how to run a clan before opening one tbh :/ (no offence).

bestcouncil.png

fHP2s.png

qOY7v.png

New clans don't have the member base, quality or intangibles to compete with EOP, CP, TLP, FI, FOE and MM.

11j2cfd.gif[Retired- High Council]| Since 09' | #Clan-CP | www.cp-rs.com |
corrutpures2sig.pngcorruptpures.png
"Could we even recognize ourselves, and if we did, would we know ourselves?
What would we say to ourselves? What would we learn from ourselves?
What would we really like to see if we could stand outside ourselves and look at us?"

Clans open with the same mentality as the big boys, and they make no impact and **** all over their name. The "HPC" bracket of clans have stability because of their history and long line of members, no clan will ever open and achieve that. People need to get over the fact that RuneScape is a game. Med clans have always been fast paced and short-lived, the training ground for the next step into a clan like FOE/MM/EOP. It's the life cycle of a pure in this community. Without the littleguys, the bigguys wouldn't be as stable as they are.

Joined the Pure Community March 2006
ripwy.jpg

Just my opinion though

so true

wjylwo.jpg
nb5cnq.png
99/99

Proud to be in The Last Pures.
Proud Founder of Team Barragely since 2009.
-#TLP
-#Team-Barragely

Just my opinion though

so true

32zq2aw.png

Voted BEST PURE CLAN 2 YEARS STRAIGHT - RSC

Laughing @ all the people whom are in EOP, Fi, Foe, MM, etc.

Obviously you're going to think that idea is nice, you've never tried out an MPC clan. Half of the people who posted have been in the same clan for years, (Maybe even be new as **** with no clue other clans existed)

It's all a matter of who plays the game right,

in the end it's about fun as well. If a 'MPC' clan is having fun, then that's how it should be.

**** the other 5 clans, no one else matters.

29q01op.jpg

Coming at Full Force since February 1st, 2012.

hzsigbrol.png
Retired 6/28/14

Just my opinion though

Amen!

#Clan-EoP

council.png

344ukna.jpg

eopftw.png

Proud %Council Of EoP

Just my opinion though

This might sound a tad hypocriticol coming from a kid in an MPC but yeah i used to watch oldschool foe/mm/fi/tlp vids where each clan would pull like 70+. I always wondered why clans outside of MM and FOE were named HPCs even when they pulled like 40-50. Now i see it is because of all the ****** little lpcs popping up everymonth. Back in the day I see that the only options were the big clans and it was better that way

(14:05:34) <DrZoid> (14:05:00) <+DrZoid> fi kieran
(14:05:34) <DrZoid> (14:05:02) <+DrZoid> ur site is down
(14:05:34) <DrZoid> (14:05:04) <+DrZoid> ?
(14:05:34) <DrZoid> (14:05:07) <@[Fi]Kieran> yup
(14:05:34) <DrZoid> (14:05:21) <@[Fi]Kieran> someone couldnt take losing

i find the most confusing thing about this topic that you bracketed TLP with clans like FOE and MM, theres only 3 real "HPC's", and thats the only 3 clans that have been consistently competing at the top for the last 2 years or longer, MM, FOE and EoP. The other older clans i wouldn't really classify in the same bracket, and i think newer clans definately have a chance to compete with those.

In the past year we've seen new clans like Zenith, Control and Havoc be able to compete with and beat Fi/TLP/CP in at least one server, so long as you have a strong core of members to begin with its possible, and experienced leadership of course.

But will a newer clan, or even the other older ones ever be able to compete with MM/FOE/EoP in the long term? I doubt it, everytime anyone gets close they just get pounded relentlessly by the 3 aforementioned clans and slump within 3 weeks.

qOY7v.png

i find the most confusing thing about this topic that you bracketed TLP with clans like FOE and MM, theres only 3 real "HPC's", and thats the only 3 clans that have been consistently competing at the top for the last 2 years or longer, MM, FOE and EoP. The other older clans i wouldn't really classify in the same bracket, and i think newer clans definately have a chance to compete with those.

In the past year we've seen new clans like Zenith, Control and Havoc be able to compete with and beat Fi/TLP/CP in at least one server, so long as you have a strong core of members to begin with its possible, and experienced leadership of course.

But will a newer clan, or even the other older ones ever be able to compete with MM/FOE/EoP in the long term? I doubt it, everytime anyone gets close they just get pounded relentlessly by the 3 aforementioned clans and slump within 3 weeks.

I think more MPCs beat EoP more than TLP. Just saying.

ex-Senior Member of Outrage

Retired as of 9.11.11

es3qhp.gif
wwcbc2.png