Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Am I the only one slightly scared by this?

Davld

I hope you can endure a few minutes of reading one of the only intelligent (lol he thinks hes smart) posts by Davld on these forums.

(Some random background info: One of the best people I've ever had the chance to spend time with is an Acholi child. He was one of these children, being forced to kill two farmers with a garden hoe. He was sponsored to come to my school in 2008. His name is Dom and this is his story:

)

I watched the Kony 2012 video. I really didn't know what to make of it, I mean, there was really no information of what was actually going on other than when he explained what was going on in toddler's terms to his toddler. At first I was feeling the chills in my spine, but I realized that this was because the entire video was played to my emotions and sympathy for these Ugandan children, and gave me little to no information on what his organization actually is, or what's really going on in Uganda. When there was "information" it was true misinformation to say the least..

propaganda.png

(taken from that movie)

..What?

After sparking my attention mostly through spam and annoyance, I actually went to go look for information on the subject of Uganda.

Well anyway, this group - the Invisible Children, is a large supporter of the Ugandan military and government, led by Museveni; the 26 year long oppressive dictator in the country who won their civil war. Let's just take a second to read a page from this guy's playbook.

at around 30 seconds it gets somewhat interesting. (laughing at the prospect that using children as soldiers might psychologically damage them in their early life)

Wait... what? Isn't this what kind of atrocity we're spamming boards, clicking like, +1, to fight against? The current NRA government, led by the 26 year long dictator who was in the near exact position of Joseph Kony through leading a resistance army in 1986, won using the techniques of CHILD SOLDIERS and targeting civilians. Through your help he has has now just gained the support of millions of propaganda hyped teenagers and "celebrities".

Do you even think to ask why? Why is he not an indicted war criminal? Because he's backed by the US government, DUH! "Bilateral relations between the United States and Uganda have been good since Museveni assumed power, and the United States has welcomed his efforts to end human rights abuses(ENTER LOLFACE HERE) and to pursue economic reform."

I mean, the intent is honorable, I give it that. Joseph Kony is a war criminal but do you seriously understand what you are clicking thumbs, like, retweeting, and +1 on? Are you really not wondering that after 26 years of the same thing going on, why is this only coming to prominence right now? I know you understand the power of the wizard known as Social media, since the video made its best attempt to pound that little tidbit into your brains. The true power we hold as a collective group is undeniable, but the fact that it can be bought by a propaganda video, and celebrity following like this really kind of scares me.

Did any of you buy the kit? Posters?

Out of that did any of you even look at their charitable information? How much money really goes toward the aid of these children, and not into their pockets; or even worse, to the governments they support, to fund even more violence against the enemies of the dictator Museveni?

I did. 32% of what was donated last year went toward "helping Africans". 68% went toward their salaries and "other expenses". They have a 2 out of 4 star charitable rating and have been looked at for a long time because of the shading of their auditing and manipulation of the truth.

I don't know, I'm rambling, but I really am scared. This foreshadows and displays the new political power of Facebook World. My gobbledygook opinion is that the US is looking for something to spike the cries of the war hawks. (The way this Kony is made to be an Osama Bin Laden figure is really foreshadowing something :x) With Iran's "nuclear program" pretty much shot down as complete garbage, the concept of war in the Middle East dies with the fact that even though the people of Syria may be screaming for it, they have no oil. But do you know who does have oil? New large fancy shiny supplies of newly tapped oil?! You guessed it! Uganda! (source: http://www.newvision.co.ug/news/18504-us-d...ganda-oil.html)

After Kony has been out of Uganda for 5 years, and moved into other central African Nations, one year ago, President Obama issued troops to Uganda to "consolidate with the NRA government to STOP JOSEPH KONY". Right.

Well then, there's just some food for thought. I thought I might just share because hey, why the **** not. The world's burning and we keep on turning baby.

As we reach a new era of technological opportunities, we must all seriously consider our power as a group. Critical thinking is being watered down, and this means the sheep will be taken advantage of. Whatever you read, whatever you watch, whatever is pushed at you, always ask questions.

IMG_29411-950x632.jpg

and yes, I did actually write this, and researched only for about an hour and a half, while watching the video a few times. That's all it took to find these things.

(But hell, if you don't believe anything I said be happy to run around at your oil funded graffiti parties on marijuana day and still think you're saving African Children by helping one US backed dictator warlord claim victory over another unbacked dictator warlord.)

Dv TR NME
2008-2012
2ce2o91.gif

Yes, and he is working with aliens/

I swear... people make a conspiracy out of everything.

>Critical thinking

>Conspiracy theorist who wears tinfoil on his head and hides in his basement to avoid the coming alien attack

>don't post when you don't read

(wondering why I even posted here)

Dv TR NME
2008-2012
2ce2o91.gif

I support the Kony2012 movement all the way , Buying my bracelets tomorrow ^_^

29z3rpv.gif

Our fight was epic.

Control #1 Med

Accepted To Control 12/10/10
Promoted to Officer Of Control 12/28/10
Promoted to Warlord Of Control 5/1/2011

Founder of Hate - 2k14

Leader of Trauma - 2k14

105317-fun-coupons-wolf-of-wall-stree-UF

Its always good to research things before you start sending money.

My question is, why as a nation should we give money to people in another country, when we have poor, homeless, suffering people here in the United states, or in Canada, or in England, all over the place. How can we help them, when we cant help ourselves?

We have gangs here in America that use children to deal drugs, to kill, to rob. Do we fight against these people? No its people in another whole country.

I do like the fact that people are standing up and looking to help others out, that im not hating on. But the fact that people right ******* here in America have the same ******* problems and yet we just let them sit there suffering, homeless, jobless, dying from starvation, or even the cold.

Thats my thoughts on it.

Good post David, even if people dont believe ur right, at least ur making them think outside of the box.

"So count your money, ill count my friends, we will see who's richer in the end."

Ynxx0.gif

Proud Founder of We Are Royalty

Proud to have been Council of Enemy

Proud to have been Member of Fatality

Proud Council of Epidemic

warfc.png

I Bleed Teal

#WAR-RS

It's unfortunate that there are people out there who prey on weak-minded individuals through social media.

I'm all for stopping a ruthless guerrilla group leader, but this is the wrong way to do it. There are hundreds of thousands of people clicking the "like" button and moving on so that they can publicly circlejerk each other.

Of the people who actually take the time to watch the video which plays on emotions using music and children, how many of them do you think could even point out Uganda on a map of Africa, let alone distinguish the real issue at hand?

At the end of the day, this is promising in terms of global change using social media. It's just the assholes who see a chance to make a quick buck taking advantage of ignorant people who ruin it.

And don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are some non-profit organizations who support the same thing. You just won't see them getting a million likes on Facebook.

MBICX.png

3rMDx.png

It's unfortunate that there are people out there who prey on weak-minded individuals through social media.

I'm all for stopping a ruthless guerrilla group leader, but this is the wrong way to do it. There are hundreds of thousands of people clicking the "like" button and moving on so that they can publicly circlejerk each other.

Of the people who actually take the time to watch the video which plays on emotions using music and children, how many of them do you think could even point out Uganda on a map of Africa, let alone distinguish the real issue at hand?

At the end of the day, this is promising in terms of global change using social media. It's just the assholes who see a chance to make a quick buck taking advantage of ignorant people who ruin it.

And don't get me wrong, I'm sure there are some non-profit organizations who support the same thing. You just won't see them getting a million likes on Facebook.

However dumb they may be, a mob of weak minded individuals will always trample on the ideas of the critical thinkers, and through their numbers, you will be silenced.

Dv TR NME
2008-2012
2ce2o91.gif

How i feel put into more Inelegant words.

The Response i wanted to put-

Spoiler:

tumblr_lrd6a0rR621r0ojhto1_500.gif

tumblr_lc41koz3lt1qex40do1_500.gif

dooqps.jpg
23w07r7.png
Founder of Activation
Currently In Corrupt Pures

How i feel put into more Inelegant words.

The Response i wanted to put-

Spoiler:

tumblr_lc41koz3lt1qex40do1_500.gif

The image I'll put when your country starts another Iraq campaign in the middle of central Africa

Spoiler:

Dv TR NME
2008-2012
2ce2o91.gif

Its sad to see propaganda like this, viral marketing to the extreme

Read this for further info http://ilto.wordpress.com/2006/11/02/the-v...sible-children/

also Kony has nothing on general buttnaked and buttnaked is now a converted christian preaching unscathed this documentary is amazing if you want to watch it

http://www.vice.com/the-vice-guide-to-trav...ria-full-length

I agree with you, but there's a lot of mixed information. Yes people using social media are just being sheep, watching the video once without researching it. I have however seen other people saying it's a fraud on Facebook to only start fights with their friends/get flamed. There's not much you can do when the majority of people that are spreading this have the IQ of a peanut. It's also interesting how people start taking interest in "saving the world" as soon as it becomes mainstream; while this supposedly has been going on since the 60's(didn't do research dont k0 me). But yea that's my slice of cake. I usually don't like what you post on here because it's mostly just flaming, but this was interesting :D

WECV7.png
npbnw.png

long topic didnt bother to read

It just deals with one of the largest problems hitting the entire world right now through social media with the US government using propaganda to manipulate the minds of teenagers to rape an African country to get oil and backing it up with the celebrities controlled by their respective record companies/agents. idk no biggie, you're not missing much. Ignorance is bliss in the mind of a child ;p

Dv TR NME
2008-2012
2ce2o91.gif

long topic didnt bother to read

Prime example of people who are posting the video. Don't even care if you're trolling because you always act like this so I'm gonna assume you're a retard.

when have i acted like this im just not going to read all that sht

and thx davld

e7dtvb.png

pinkclay.png

Oh, just saying, the video fighting for "rights" is selectively removing/allowing comments onto the video, not to stop trolls, no, but to stop ANYONE from questioning their motives and being paid attention to.

Dv TR NME
2008-2012
2ce2o91.gif