Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Religion.

Phillip

What are you?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What are you?

• Theist
    • Agnostic
    • Atheist

If time, space, matter, energy, symmetry, proportion, and the ability to perceive and respond to such elements came from nothing, then what is the originator of nothing?

The Flying Spaghetti Monster.

omnicorpcopy.png

raafcj.png

QUOTE (Kingrang3194 @ Jul 21 2012, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl why is a banana

Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
If time, space, matter, energy, symmetry, proportion, and the ability to perceive and respond to such elements came from nothing, then what is the originator of nothing?

That's a big "If".

Anyways, this is my favorite quote of all time: "Your perception defines your reality." God exists if you believe him/her/it to exist. God doesn't exist if you don't believe in God. I, for one, do not believe in God.

Taylor_Swiftb.jpg

That's a big "If".

Anyways, this is my favorite quote of all time: "Your perception defines your reality." God exists if you believe him/her/it to exist. God doesn't exist if you don't believe in God. I, for one, do not believe in God.

Uh...gee, you think? lol

I find it odd that people regard science as something 'truthful' because it's based on 'evidence', when the pro-Darwin group were actually very anti-religious. That's biased, if there ever was a true definition of the word.

koolssigcopy.png
Resurgence | 65+ Stat, 45+ Combat | Site | Recruitment Topic

sig4resized.jpg

#OMNI @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

I find it odd that people regard science as something 'truthful' because it's based on 'evidence', when the pro-Darwin group were actually very anti-religious. That's biased, if there ever was a true definition of the word.

What does the antipathy against religion have to do with science or evidence? Science has very little to do with religion, it only describes the world as we can rationally experience it. A scientifically verified theory must be repeatable regardless of the personal views of the person testing it, efficiently eliminating any chance of bias.

If we're talking about darwinism, anti-religious views are certainly a part of the original ideology. However, this isn't a valid reason to belittle the evolution theory by calling it biased. The evolution theory isn't widely accepted today because of the people who came up with it or their views and opinions, it's THE theory because it can be so widely verified on a very basic level.

128250368099.gif

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Christian. But the beauty of this topic is there is no way to prove this topic right or wrong, its all about what you believe.

ou371f.png

We will walk over them with numbers,
then kill them with organization.

~Epidemic~

IMO Religion was created in the first place to stabilize society. There will never be proof of any religion because that defeats the purpose. Implying morals is actually that main goal of religion in my opinion. I am a theist because I believe that I want to be with the people I care about the most after this life. And even if there isn't a god, what do I have to lose? Nothing.

Proud to have been a member of Carnage [2008-Closed]

Proud Legend of Zenith [2010-Present]

seanssig.jpg

seansltdpic1edited.jpg

IMO Religion was created in the first place to stabilize society. There will never be proof of any religion because that defeats the purpose. Implying morals is actually that main goal of religion in my opinion. I am a theist because I believe that I want to be with the people I care about the most after this life. And even if there isn't a god, what do I have to lose? Nothing.

You don't have to be a part of some religious organization to believe that, so it doesn't really have anything to do with religion. Then again, the topic maker didn't know the difference either.

128250368099.gif

Just curious, but if you're not religious, then what do you feel was the genesis of everything/human life.

The "genesis" of everything would be singularity. Genesis of human life can be traced either to when we descended from trees or when the first bacteria formed.

Although I'm not religious, I do believe in a force or energy that is present everywhere in the universe, and in a way guides our actions. What I know in any meaningful sense is based on my own existence, everything else is indeed just a curiosity.

128250368099.gif

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Personally, I'm a theist I believe in one god and also heaven and hell. I was raised muslim however my beliefs are much more spread out. I believe that most the major religous groups in the world are talking about the same God. I believe in Heaven and Hell but don't think there are a SET of exact rules that you have to follow to get in through those 'Gates'. It's too complicated too put it all in here but for e.g would a person who didn't know anything about God but lived a good life be allowed to go into heaven? Given that he didn't worship, or recognize him/her/it. Or would a person who believed in a God but was of Jewish faith would he than be allowed to go into 'Heaven' from a Christians mind of view? These are all controversal questions. With people from all relgions having different views. The fact is that it's 'Nicer' to believe in life after death. Even if there isn't a life after death. So what? You have lived your life doing something good, whatever your religon told you to do which is usually along the lines of something good such as 'Thou shall not murder' or 'Thou shall not steal' they are all morally good things. If there's a life after death you will be covered. If there isn't well than you haven't lost anything? You have just lived your life in a socially acceptable way. YOU CAN BE RELIGOUS WITHOUT PRACTICING. BELIEF IS ENOUGH!

Find me at #Clan-Pic

• 1 month later...

half of the *******' i meet who are theist believe in a creator god based off a logical fallacy; just because you don't know where the universe came from doesn't mean it was designed by some omnipotent deity that's never had any basis in fact. also, it's awfully ******* convenient that "EVERYTHING CAN'T COME FROM NOTHING" yet god made everything from nothing. it's great to know god is exempt from the same logic theists generally use against atheists. open your eyes, god is a social construct designed for a plethora of reasons, many which result in negative ramifications. the only 2 reasons people believe in god to begin with is because of the fear of uncertainty and cultural relativity, which results in social and economic control of the masses. why is it, for example, north american's (from a historists account) generally believe in jesus and not allah? it's because north americans have grown up in a westernized society developed through judeo-christian values, however if you grew up in the middle east your whole perspective on life would be completely different. anyone, regardless of intelligence, who believes in a god that's completely immune to empirical inquiry and defies all rational is ignorant as hell.

ps - i could care less about what god or religion do for any individual on a personal level. your personal beliefs don't have any sway on objective realities.

lifes a ***** n then ya die