Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Religion.

Phillip

What are you?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. What are you?

• Theist
    • Agnostic
    • Atheist

there may or may not be a sentient deity-esque sorta thing somewhere, but lets clear a couple things up:

-if it created us, it doesnt love us, it doesnt give a **** about us

-we are not created in its image. thats the most vain, ridiculous thing i've heard.

-the thought of a conceivable afterlife is just as stupid as the thought of this deities consciousness. we will never be able to conceive it, so why do you believe the personifications

-this deity is not emotional. emotions are human. its not vengeful or wrathful or loving

-the bible is full of ****. it was a book about stuff that never happened. it was just stories told to explain some brutally obvious happenings.

moses leading jews through the sea? that particular area of the sea is four feet deep every 11 years, moses was a great general, he knew this. he was smart, when his men wouldnt listen to him telling them not to **** with the camps, he made up these "rules" that "god" sent. dont **** each other's wives, dont steal other peoples ****, stop killing people. these werent words of a god lol, they were words of a general.

he knew religion was created as a tool to control masses. he used it well. he controlled the weak minded like the pope does now.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I was a Christian for about 10 years, I was baptized when I was 4, but when I turned 16. I had a whole new outlook on life, I did what the Bible discourages, I questioned Christianity in my thoughts. And from then on, I decided to remain an atheist. A lot of my friends are atheists, but a lot of them also choose to be agnostic, which is reasonable as well, agnosticism is the idea that there is a higher force such as god in the world, but not choosing to stick with a certain deity or religious group.

inb4longestrunonsentenceinhistory

INSANE.jpg

dfk1op.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I am neither theist, athiest or agnostic. I am a free thinker and have my own set of beliefs that differ from all religions or lack thereof. I do not believe in heaven or hell, I believe that we have atoms inside us and are living conscious beings just like the Earth anything on it and the other planets and the universe. Basically my belief is that we all have atoms inside of use making up the larger being and the earth has organisms that make up the entire being and that basically Earth and all the other planets are just atoms inside an even larger being and that things continue to grow from there on out, call me crazy that's just my opinions.

I also believe that you create what happens to you when you die, whatever you believe will happen to you when you die will.

e81z7c.jpg

half of the *******' i meet who are theist believe in a creator god based off a logical fallacy; just because you don't know where the universe came from doesn't mean it was designed by some omnipotent deity that's never had any basis in fact. also, it's awfully ******* convenient that "EVERYTHING CAN'T COME FROM NOTHING" yet god made everything from nothing. it's great to know god is exempt from the same logic theists generally use against atheists. open your eyes, god is a social construct designed for a plethora of reasons, many which result in negative ramifications. the only 2 reasons people believe in god to begin with is because of the fear of uncertainty and cultural relativity, which results in social and economic control of the masses. why is it, for example, north american's (from a historists account) generally believe in jesus and not allah? it's because north americans have grown up in a westernized society developed through judeo-christian values, however if you grew up in the middle east your whole perspective on life would be completely different. anyone, regardless of intelligence, who believes in a god that's completely immune to empirical inquiry and defies all rational is ignorant as hell.

ps - i could care less about what god or religion do for any individual on a personal level. your personal beliefs don't have any sway on objective realities.

Religion is belief

Science is theory

Neither can prove anything.

half of the *******' i meet who are theist believe in a creator god based off a logical fallacy; just because you don't know where the universe came from doesn't mean it was designed by some omnipotent deity that's never had any basis in fact. also, it's awfully ******* convenient that "EVERYTHING CAN'T COME FROM NOTHING" yet god made everything from nothing. it's great to know god is exempt from the same logic theists generally use against atheists. open your eyes, god is a social construct designed for a plethora of reasons, many which result in negative ramifications. the only 2 reasons people believe in god to begin with is because of the fear of uncertainty and cultural relativity, which results in social and economic control of the masses. why is it, for example, north american's (from a historists account) generally believe in jesus and not allah? it's because north americans have grown up in a westernized society developed through judeo-christian values, however if you grew up in the middle east your whole perspective on life would be completely different. anyone, regardless of intelligence, who believes in a god that's completely immune to empirical inquiry and defies all rational is ignorant as hell.

ps - i could care less about what god or religion do for any individual on a personal level. your personal beliefs don't have any sway on objective realities.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

Click for the cookies
IKJ0k.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I don't believe in a god. I've discussed this with many people who give out flyers and say 'you're special'. I start a whole discussion with them and I haven't met one person who had good argruments about the existance of a god.

I won't believe it untill I see it.

#Fatality

209mwyg.gif

• 1 month later...

religion can be good for people who need spiritual help and strength.

not particularly athiest or religious but i am against religious people who stand in corners giving our bibles or trying to force message down other people's throat.

Its one thing to be praying at your own time and home, it's another to be trying to enforce a beliefs in other people in hope of "finding" salvation.

the idea of certain evangelical churches is sickening. Following jesus and being religious, not at all sickening.

Im w4u, call me WOAH

I have a main level 101. Training up a pure with a friend.

old skool, older than everybody on these forums in rs, dont hate

SUPPORT MY THREAD

http://www.pure-warfare.com/forums/index.p...mp;#entry619197

I am neither theist, athiest or agnostic. I am a free thinker and have my own set of beliefs that differ from all religions or lack thereof. I do not believe in heaven or hell, I believe that we have atoms inside us and are living conscious beings just like the Earth anything on it and the other planets and the universe. Basically my belief is that we all have atoms inside of use making up the larger being and the earth has organisms that make up the entire being and that basically Earth and all the other planets are just atoms inside an even larger being and that things continue to grow from there on out, call me crazy that's just my opinions.

I also believe that you create what happens to you when you die, whatever you believe will happen to you when you die will.

>.< lay off the acid.

anyways, I believe humans created "religion" themselves.. because our brain has developed enough to allow us to.. no animals believe in religion.. why? they're brains are advanced enough.... they aren't necessarily free thinkers insted they live off instinct...If our brains didn't develop when we were cave men, and we never EVOLVED into the humans that we are now.. we wouldn't be able to have the capacity to think about religion. kinda in the same boat that a mentally challenged person is.. they're brain does not function the same way ours does.. so they don't have the ability to "think" believe in religion or a god.

as for when you die.... I believe you go to the same place you were... before you were born. :thumbsup:

Lht4D.gif
WCGCl.gif

• 1 month later...

It takes 8 minutes for the light of the sun to reach our eyes, which means every time you look at the sun, you're observing it as it was 8 minutes ago.

Similarly, if you get a telescope and look at a star that is one light year away, that means it takes one year for the light of the star to reach our eyes and you're looking at that star as it was 1 year ago. To expand, if you get a super telescope and look at a star 100,000 light years away, then you're looking at that star as it was 100k years ago.

What does space-time have to do with religion? Well, what would happen if a telescope cable of reaching a couple billion light years (or approximately when the universe was created) was made? Then we would see the universe as it was a couple billion years ago when the universe was originally created.

We can then observe how it was created, and whether a god or a higher being had a role in creating it or not. To conclude, I know I'm making it sound really simple, but realistically it's our best chance we have at finding an answer using observation and reason, rather than philosophy.

bestleader.jpg

120409005449.png

xwdIz.png

4yVer.png

bestwarlord.png

WE81x.gif

qOY7v.png

FAX2J.png

It takes 8 minutes for the light of the sun to reach our eyes, which means every time you look at the sun, you're observing it as it was 8 minutes ago.

Similarly, if you get a telescope and look at a star that is one light year away, that means it takes one year for the light of the star to reach our eyes and you're looking at that star as it was 1 year ago. To expand, if you get a super telescope and look at a star 100,000 light years away, then you're looking at that star as it was 100k years ago.

What does space-time have to do with religion? Well, what would happen if a telescope cable of reaching a couple billion light years (or approximately when the universe was created) was made? Then we would see the universe as it was a couple billion years ago when the universe was originally created.

We can then observe how it was created, and whether a god or a higher being had a role in creating it or not. To conclude, I know I'm making it sound really simple, but realistically it's our best chance we have at finding an answer using observation and reason, rather than philosophy.

There is no center of the universe, because there is no known end to the universe, only what is observable. You are right about light, but you're wrong about seeing the literal big bang, that is impossible.

However, it is possible to see other things, like the earth being created. At a distance of a little over 4.5-4.6 billion light years away, you could see the gradual creation of the earth. At a mere 65 million light years away, it's possible to see the extinction of the dinosaurs. When the Big Bang occurred, space became completely filled with very hot and dense matter, and it's been expanding ever since, there was no explosion.

MBICX.png

3rMDx.png

There is no center of the universe, because there is no known end to the universe, only what is observable. You are right about light, but you're wrong about seeing the literal big bang, that is impossible.

However, it is possible to see other things, like the earth being created. At a distance of a little over 4.5-4.6 billion light years away, you could see the gradual creation of the earth. At a mere 65 million light years away, it's possible to see the extinction of the dinosaurs. When the Big Bang occurred, space became completely filled with very hot and dense matter, and it's been expanding ever since, there was no explosion.

As you stated, the universe is continuously expanding, which suggests it started out from a central origin. Now, you're right, we wouldn't be able to see the big bang, but we would be able to see the initial conditions prior to the big bang, and following that we would see the effects of the big bang (the very hot and dense matter you referred to) and the creation of the known universe.

It would be hard to see the creation of the earth because we're on it. If we were 4.6 billion light years away from earth, then we would be able to look through the telescope and see it forming. The same applies to the extinction of the dinosaurs.

bestleader.jpg

120409005449.png

xwdIz.png

4yVer.png

bestwarlord.png

WE81x.gif

qOY7v.png

FAX2J.png

As you stated, the universe is continuously expanding, which suggests it started out from a central origin. Now, you're right, we wouldn't be able to see the big bang, but we would be able to see the initial conditions prior to the big bang, and following that we would see the effects of the big bang (the very hot and dense matter you referred to) and the creation of the known universe.

It would be hard to see the creation of the earth because we're on it. If we were 4.6 billion light years away from earth, then we would be able to look through the telescope and see it forming. The same applies to the extinction of the dinosaurs.

I'm sorry, but you can't simply see the universe before the big bang (there are only theories), and there is no center of the universe.

I hate to get off topic, but we're debating things that can easily be learned by a quick Google search. I'll add some links below as to prevent further aimless arguing.

Center of the Universe:

http://math.ucr.edu/home/baez/physics/Rela.../GR/centre.html

http://www.exploratorium.edu/hubble/tools/center.html

http://www.universetoday.com/36653/center-of-the-universe/

Before the Big Bang:

http://science.howstuffworks.com/dictionar...re-big-bang.htm

http://discovermagazine.com/2004/feb/cover

http://www.physorg.com/news126955971.html

But hey, scientist could be wrong. Feel free to disprove general relativity on this PW topic if you disagree.

MBICX.png

3rMDx.png

As you stated, the universe is continuously expanding, which suggests it started out from a central origin.

"all the matter in the cosmos -- all of space itself -- existed in a form smaller than a subatomic particle."

That particle is what I meant by "central origin". So the Universe doesn't have a center, but it all started from that extremely small particle which is the central origin I was addressing.

I'm not disproving Einstein's theory of relativity, the quote below is directly from the first link you posted related to before the big bang.

"According to Einstein's theory of relativity, time only came into being as that primordial singularity expanded toward its current size and shape."

And finally. you have no way of knowing what was there before the big bang, only theories. Therefore, by doing what I said in my original post (with the telescope) we would know for sure through observation and reason.

bestleader.jpg

120409005449.png

xwdIz.png

4yVer.png

bestwarlord.png

WE81x.gif

qOY7v.png

FAX2J.png

• 5 weeks later...

I don't think you quite understand what this central origin is. The central origin, singularity, in the big bang theory is a dot with infinite energy. If we were able to observe it, we would "see" pure energy, nothing more. There "is" no "prior to" big bang theory in science, because science studies things from this world, and this world and its laws from physics to mathematics were created in the big bang. What you are saying is that with a good telescope we can observe things that are not in this universe, like God and Flying Carrots.

128250368099.gif