Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Pure Community

Jay

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're all one big happy family now :D

I guess you could put it that way :laugh:

R.I.P Pure Community :'(

sigdfn.png

[*]Flipping Community (Lead by Sefket, keep an eye out for application openings.)

Led*

It couldn't possibly be worse than what it was when everyone came to here, so yay(?).

mattyb.png
M4730.jpg
TPF - VO - EOP
Damn you're a nigger.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, here's my two cents.

I'm a none-scaper really, don't play much at all anymore. Once a month to check my accounts is all that I do, so perhaps times have changed since Pure Warfare was born. As one who has been around the community for a long time, being a Moderator here at PW at its birth, watching, helping it grow and expand, and also a GFX Admin for Pure Community almost 3 years ago now, i cannot see how this could possibly work.

Pure Warfare split from Pure Community at the start to avoid the people, the ignorance, and the general ill-runnings of that forum alltogether. Now, as I said, times may well have changed, but the staff from PC have let their forum die, and have let a rival forum overthrow them in what in the scale of things, was a reasonably short amount of time. PC could have pulled back the members from PW had they acted, but they didn't. I don't see how inviting these people who didn't work for their own forum, into ours, will help in anyway at all.

Yes, the member base will be higher, but all the things people came here to escape from will now slowly seep back into existance on these boards. It won't be long before another board is created as users will become sick of it again.

On the brighter side of things, I guess the new member base opens up many possibilites. New skills have been brought across from PC and this should help with the runnings of things. I'll just take a back seat for now, watching. It's not my place to say either way.

I just hope you considered this when making this decision, and remain in control of your own forum while you still hold the power here.

~ Frewin

28jifcl.png
clawssigoneb.png

Well, here's my two cents.

I'm a none-scaper really, don't play much at all anymore. Once a month to check my accounts is all that I do, so perhaps times have changed since Pure Warfare was born. As one who has been around the community for a long time, being a Moderator here at PW at its birth, watching, helping it grow and expand, and also a GFX Admin for Pure Community almost 3 years ago now, i cannot see how this could possibly work.

Pure Warfare split from Pure Community at the start to avoid the people, the ignorance, and the general ill-runnings of that forum alltogether. Now, as I said, times may well have changed, but the staff from PC have let their forum die, and have let a rival forum overthrow them in what in the scale of things, was a reasonably short amount of time. PC could have pulled back the members from PW had they acted, but they didn't. I don't see how inviting these people who didn't work for their own forum, into ours, will help in anyway at all.

Yes, the member base will be higher, but all the things people came here to escape from will now slowly seep back into existance on these boards. It won't be long before another board is created as users will become sick of it again.

On the brighter side of things, I guess the new member base opens up many possibilites. New skills have been brought across from PC and this should help with the runnings of things. I'll just take a back seat for now, watching. It's not my place to say either way.

I just hope you considered this when making this decision, and remain in control of your own forum while you still hold the power here.

~ Frewin

The staff at pure community wasn't even notified of the decision. :confused:

If I could go back in time, I would have told sefket not to have done this and the pure community boat would probably still be afloat.

There is no point in re-opening it now, and there is also no point in me releasing my toolkit to this community. The reason I had created the toolkit in the first place was to ensure that Pure Community would make a successful comeback.

If I do plan to release it, it will be on a third party website under a new name. Sort of like swiftkit has done.

Me and Nick(WPM) have talked recently, and if we do plan to open a new community site then it won't be for pures. This probably won't happen anyways because none of us have the time anymore to deal with the community on a long term basis. So, yeah we will probably just open a site for the toolkit.

You all probably won't see me around anymore, unless I'm just browsing to see how things are going, or I've come to announce the release/beta.

R.I.P Pure Community :'(

sigdfn.png