Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Defence? Defense?

[About the title, Canadians are supposed to use the British "defence" but everything we use, like word, or firefox, tries to change it to "defense" with spell-check. Specially on things we read, like American magazines and such. The influence of the USA is felt strongly here. ]

Anyways, I got tired of the "omg 30def pure or no?" threads over the last couple of months. So I thought of a different clan discussion topic;

how would your(or favorite for the clanless) clan do in the main world if it turned into a true main clan, given that: all members stay in the clan; all members train defence immediately; your offensive requirements stay the same; all pure clans do this simultaneously.

Maybe lists? Predict what the rankings would be. Try and write as much as you can. I haven't been in the Pure world for a bit, and never been in the main world even though I do read RSC. I want some detailed explanations. How would your clan deal with recruitment now that it's opened up to everybody? What about the whole "crash-war" thing going on with Ddos'ing and hacking n such. Would Ex-pure clans ally themselves, with each other?

DESU
Accepted into Epidemic on Saturday, September 09, 2007.
Promoted to Senior Member of Epidemic on Thursday, November 08, 2007.
Other Clans -> [Ex-Absolution High Council, Ex-Corrupt Pure, Ex- Final ownage elite]
Rank change to Officer of Epidemic on Wednesday, 02, 2009.

se99gk.png

I'm the #1 aftermath topic maker, quit r00nsk3p.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0AiN8vrn9Y
Be prepared.

I never really though of that, but i'd imagine most clans would fail horribly lol.

bm16L.png

-Proud member of #TLP
-Proud former member of #Dpures

(14:27:02) <@Furious> Next season I hope there will be a "most biased and hated moderator award" I would hands down win it

I never really though of that, but i'd imagine most clans would fail horribly lol.

Eh, we'll see the responses in a day or two. I'll happily read them over and discuss this idea with anybody. Hopefully this thread flares up to be a large discussion. I'll add my own opinion once(if..) I finish my lesson plans for tomorrow, teaching can be kinda time consuming..

DESU
Other Clans -> [Ex-Absolution High Council, Ex-Corrupt Pure, Ex- Final ownage elite]

se99gk.png

Be prepared.

The large pulls of the top 4 clans would see them in the top 10 F2P quite easily, it would be very interesting in P2P too where virtually nothing happens anymore. Seeing as theres four clans right now that can easily pull 70+ to p2p with a few days prep, it would really spice **** up. Obviously organization wise we'd all get smacked around, lol. Oh, also people would need to start expecting to return a shitload more.

Proud to have been EoP's longest serving @Leader 2006-2012.

everybody would fail; except possibly Mm due to their high numbers.

The main world is COMPLETELY different

You are never allowed to return in rags; you're expected to have 50+ Tank sets costing 500k each and 50+ Mage sets costing 700k Each; that would rule out most members there.

Piling and returning are completely different; if it was a 50vs50 fight; you would see the clans on top of each other in a 7x7/8x8 grid piling in that area.

The organization of clans like Af, If, Rot, Brut would completely Dominate.

It would take 2-3 months before any pure clan could "compete" effectively.

0C43R.png

Vsx01.png

yLML2.png

DhrJM.png

xc8HG.png

mygwascalller.png

mygwasp2pmini.png

mygwasp2pminicaller.png

everybody would fail; except possibly Mm due to their high numbers.

The main world is COMPLETELY different

You are never allowed to return in rags; you're expected to have 50+ Tank sets costing 500k each and 50+ Mage sets costing 700k Each; that would rule out most members there.

Piling and returning are completely different; if it was a 50vs50 fight; you would see the clans on top of each other in a 7x7/8x8 grid piling in that area.

The organization of clans like Af, If, Rot, Brut would completely Dominate.

It would take 2-3 months before any pure clan could "compete" effectively.

Ahh but remember that these clans will still follow their own rules, not others. I'm sure the added defence will make it easier to make money and have more access to money-areas(quests as well).

It shouldn't take much to learn the organization rather than what to use. I was on a account from TR and in their TS one trip a couple months ago, I didn't know wtf to use from the bank, but the organization is amazingly easy to learn. So I just tried to copy others with the rune and mage in inv, was awesome for the first 45 minutes. Didn't know how the **** to return though, so I p2p->tele gdz->f2p world, and was back in action.

I'll say less than two months, more like 3-4 weeks to flatten out skills/tactics, and gather info from other main clans.

It's different, but it's still Runescape. Played the same way as any other player of Runescape.

DESU

se99gk.png

Be prepared.

would fail.

main clans have dedication, no retarded members, older aged members.

e.g

10 hour fights

takes so much effort / time / actually be good at warring to get into a 'good' main clan - sifts out retards (lots of retarded ******* pures lol)

older members so more mature environment - on average

pures wouldn't be able to do that as a clan lol

konka-2.png
o4vos.png

FC8uv.png

would fail.

main clans have dedication, no retarded members, older aged members.

e.g

10 hour fights

takes so much effort / time / actually be good at warring to get into a 'good' main clan - sifts out retards (lots of retarded ******* pures lol)

older members so more mature environment - on average

pures wouldn't be able to do that as a clan lol

So true. When i was HF fights use to be hours long and each return set i lost was 200k+. Now that im back into pure clanning ive realized how cheap and fast wars are lol.

mackintosh.png4094f43e4fed232e1329849598.png

They would ALL fail, unless they practice on each other for like... 4-5 weeks atleast. They first would need to learn how to stay falled in, how to stick with 1 pile (also how to find it quickly), how to bind before you pile. They would also need good and quick fall in leaders who know how to call, and the list goes on...

By the time they know how to fight like a main clan about 50% of the clan members will be gone lol (if not more).

Because you have to play roonskape more actively for return sets (ofcourse you make more money in p2p as a main, but loads of pures are f2p and wouldn't be able to keep up with all the sets). Also main clans don't have this special day where all clans are out like pure clans have (saturday and sunday). Mains pk when ever they feel like ( in their comfort time zone + try to figure out a good day for a prepped fight ). It's like this: most gmt members would join a gmt clan whereas est based players wouldn't join a gmt clan.

Getting applications would be so hard. The main clans outside the top 10 are happy if they get 2 applications a week. Growing as a new main clan is extremely hard and takes A LOT of dedication.

heartline8.gif

I think the pure worlds organisation is vastly underrated and you guys are overrating the main clans a bit too much. I mean there organization is easy because it takes like 1 min to kill each person so every member knows who to attack while in the pure world a pure will last seconds so its harder for us. I think MM/EOP/TLP if turned main clans would make a splash in the top 20 main clans because of our numbers. Main clans pull 40-50's and rely on there organization + returning skills.

qK9nr.png

574801_468094453201629_848827722_n.jpg

Toronto stand up doomztown Crip gang niggas know what it is onsite ting

Proud founder of Violent Demise
Proud Member of Intense Redemption
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
intense.png

English - England.

We made the language all be it may be adapted from others.

Defence.

Defense is borderline retarded.

(odds on i spelt stuff wrong in this post so enjoy the irony.)

Ermm, depends, clans like CP would do **** as majority of members are **** poor thus wouldn't be able to award the p2p return sets and f2p would be pushing it.

I know no main clans so I can't make a list.

Founding Leader of Enemy
Officer of Corrupt Pures
Honoured Member of Epidemic
Leader of Eruption of Pures
4sleex.png

Lots of differences but it looks like everyone here saying they would fail believes that mains are on a different mind level lol.

They're also mostly young people (20-) playing scape. Some of you talk like they're all geniuses.

Also, their wars don't require much more skill, simply more time and money. Okay it requires a bit more organization in terms of getting fall ins after piles and finding the piles, but that's not rocket science. A fast paced pure war is simply DIFFERENT than a 10 hour long main war.

What I think,

1) It would take time to adapt, possibly a few weeks to be able to compete, several weeks to be on the same level.

2) Many would quit because (1) not everyone is willing to invest much time in this game to make money for their clan fights. inb4dedication... it's the most boring game ever. And (2) not everyone is willing to invest several hours 5-10+ in clan fights (same reason as above).

3) Those who persist and enjoy the game even when playing that much could do very well.

[E]Bawb or Bawb[AFK] in #Epidemic.
Don't hesitate to PM if you need anything.

am5atu.png
favcl.png
I

I'd rather have no pure clans then pure clans turning into main clans :c

But if it were to happen, I'd say the top 4 + the P2P based clans such as CPR and TR would do ok.

hamtaro_g_027.gif
Proud Founder of Carpediem
Proud Founder of Hysteria
Proud Leader of Malice

Yes, one factor that I believe hasn't been thoroughly discussed yet is that some clans would end up seeing, perhaps, 50%+ of their members quit. To put it succinctly, main wars are boring. The potential for bank-building is, from what I've seen, nonexistent (compared to pure wars). No money + long fights + high expenses = sucky (in my opinion, of course).

koolssigcopy.png
Resurgence | 65+ Stat, 45+ Combat | Site | Recruitment Topic

sig4resized.jpg

#OMNI @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Interesting topic.

Some clans would do better then others, it would be about who can adjust to it the fastest, learn the fastest. I think that a few of the top clans here would do well, fairly fast. Maybe even by the 2nd trip.

p2p20v20pure.png

111120154705.png

R0IPq.png

#FREESTEEZ

#TEAM-WALLI

Organisation isn't a problem AT ALL. Pure clans have created much more complex and efficient tactics than the main clans becasue of the fast wars we have, we have to think on your feet whether it's p2p or f2p. So that's that. The only thing is having solid members actually willing to play the game for a whole lot more which is not seen in the pure world. Although the top 3 clans the major one MM could definitely be in a chance of being in the top 10 easily, it's just the matter of fact of the members still keeping interest in the game and be dedicated to the game otherwise it's game over.

And also having 10 hours fight...******* hell that doesn't seem hard to do IMO you just return and kill for 10 hours. That is pretty boring. I prefer the Pure world.

Gonna play along for the fun of your topic even though this will NEVER happen. Although with our large community we'd prob get an even bigger ML lmfao.

Would probably start off with capped fights of 1-2hrs to get members used to fighting for that long & keep morale up seeing as our opts would win us these caps anyways unless it was against the #5 or some ****. Would take a while for everyone to get used to the tactics & us learning the modern main warring tactics at that then making it fit so it works to MM's advantage the best.

P2P would be much easier to convert to imo however P2P wildy would be dead.

If you want the truth and nothing but the truth click my sig.
16gqdc.png
pinkside.png
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising every time we fall
If you have any questions about MM or in general click .