Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

We're back! And more :>

Furious

Hi folks! - I know numerous topics were made already, but they were rolled back in the whole array and whatnot so here's the sort of official but informal 'welcome back' topic!

Tell your friends! Spread the word!

I. So for the past 7 days or so our forums just experienced the annoyance of a minor 'hacking'. Not really a huge thing so to speak but obnoxious enough to force Karl to roll back the server a handful of days. Anyhow, the only harm conducted was the deletion of a LOT of posts on our boards - But STILL:

For the sake of YOUR well being: Please DO NOT have the same password on these forums as you do on your ingame characters, I cannot stress this enough.

It also wouldn't hurt to have passwords that are harder to figure out or "bruteforce" - i.e.: "gko3For Narnia!!!@vad#-``"

We are currently compiling a bunch of info to see who were the perpetrators and we do have a good idea as to who it is, as it does not take a rocket scientist to unravel these types of occurrences.

II. Regarding appeals, warns, deletion of posts: The staff have received numerous PMs about these issues, and we have simply come to conducting the iron stance of: No Mercy.

This does not mean that we're being total iron clad assninnies who are out to catch you for every-single-little-mis-statement possible. These are community boards - Everybody has a voice, and a chance at sharing their viewpoints. However we do take to a disdain to the people or individuals who simply don't respect our standards, it's a simple self explanatory manner:

Don't respect us? How do you expect us to respect you?

The few "trolls" and blatant baiters out there, for the most part - are just making themselves and the clan they represent look like total fools, perhaps some people are not of the same mind set as the more "mature" audience posting on these boards (and by no means is this an elitist inference), but we are sincerely asking everybody to just: Be yourself, yes we encourage it, but at the very least make an ATTEMPT to show some mediocrity of professionalism, or even a mere strand of intelligence.

We're not asking people to become a step above human evolution - nor do we expect this. For the most part the member base is solid and this definitely does not go to the majority, but primarily to the individuals who feel that being hardass on Runescape will make them less annoying.

If you want your warns or outlook improved within the community - you're history counts for a huge part. Posting 'lol' or 'gf idiots' generally does not appeal to us when we are seeing if you're posts have improved or not. We know precisely who deserves whatever it is that we give, and not.

So start takin' warns seriously - Because at times even the most articulate, logical, and passionate argument/appeal won’t always force our hand.

Ultimately the staff here and PW just want to make the forums fun and most definitely not boring for all parties alike.

TL;DR: We're back running full force, post constructively!

So Poe is rectified as cancer right?

Welcome back.

I must say, it's weird seeing such a mature mod. I miss Inu, Suicide and 'Pure trolling around with their hammers.

bestspammer.png
b55tdw.pngsd4uf.png
-Proud to have been a member of Enigma
-Proud to have been a member of Negative since 23-1-2011
-Proud to have been Malice in Wonderland since 17-7-2011
-Proud to be #NME. Last clan I'll rock since 8-9-2011

Glad to hear we're back, great job on the recovery :)

Karl <3

Great topic and yes, when you think about it trolling just makes yourself look like a spoilt brat who has nothing better to do.

Proud Ex-Member of NME
Proud Ex-Leader of Brave Theory
retired.
Supporting Epidemic
cHIzQrd.png

Contrary to belief, a password such as "jfsIO@09!!`" is actually incredibly easy to bruteforce. A password such as "gotta catch em all" would be infinitely more difficult.

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

(+`Obsession) jay is a legend

It also wouldn't hurt to have passwords that are harder to figure out or "bruteforce" - i.e.: "gko3@vad#-``"

password_reuse.png

password_strength.png

You guys don't understand how bruteforcing works. A bruteforce will methodically attempt every password combination possible, using all characters. This means that "Tr0ub4dor&3" will be easier for it to crack than "correct horse battery staple".

People today have a habit of thinking that computers think like people. They make their passwords difficult for people to guess but easy for machines to crack.

"Tr0ub4dor&3" is about 28 "bits" of entropy in binary, so 2^28 at 1000 guesses per second = about 3 days for a brute force to hack.

"correct horse battery staple" is about 44 "bits" of binary entropy, making it 2^44 bits, at 1000 guesses/second is about 550years for a bruteforce to crack.

Good post furious.

Glad we are back.

Thanks karl :D

"So count your money, ill count my friends, we will see who's richer in the end."

Ynxx0.gif

Proud Founder of We Are Royalty

Proud to have been Council of Enemy

Proud to have been Member of Fatality

Proud Council of Epidemic

warfc.png

I Bleed Teal

#WAR-RS

Good post Hitomi. I like the way you worded everything. It's glad to have the forums back, it's unfortunate they couldn't be up to take the bulk of the bot nuke discussion.