Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

2010 Stanley Cup Playoffs

• Replies 371
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wondered why the called the Canedians the habs.

anyone wanna clarify??

Found this on Google:

Habs is an abbreviation of "les habitants," the informal name given to the original settlers of New France, dating back to the 17th Century. So it's a natural fit for the The Montreal Canadiens, established in 1909 and marketed as a French-Canadian hockey team.

Having said that, the nickname might have been the result of an error. According to NHL.com, the first man to refer to the team as "the Habs" was Tex Rickard, owner of Madison Square Garden, in 1924. Rickard apparently told a reporter that the "H" on the Canadiens' sweaters was for "Habitants." Not true. The distinctive C-wrapped-around-H logo stands for "Club de Hockey Canadien."

qK9nr.png

574801_468094453201629_848827722_n.jpg

I swear to God if my beloved Chicago Blackhawks, lose in the first round...

I will be ****** if Blackhawks lose to the Preds...Chicago is WAYYYYYY more stacked its just the Blackhawks goalies are weak other than that top 3 team in the NHL.

qK9nr.png

This was really a shocker to me. I was expecting them to actually go far.

Kovalchuk is overrated and he never passes the puck. They traded way to many assets for him seeing as he only played with them for 3 months.

qK9nr.png

I hope Redwings win the cup, they have Filppula<3

I <3 his as well.

Kovalchuk is overrated and he never passes the puck. They traded way to many assets for him seeing as he only played with them for 3 months.

Yeah, but still. I expected more out of them.

Niemi's 2nd shutout this series. Hopefully we can get another Niemi No No, series is coming back to Chicago, we're going to take this.

Can't believe the Devils actually lost out, I didn't watch any, but how was Brodeur, I haven't seen him since the Olympics were he was very shaky.

rj3yo6.png

zml077.jpg

Niemi's 2nd shutout this series. Hopefully we can get another Niemi No No, series is coming back to Chicago, we're going to take this.

Can't believe the Devils actually lost out, I didn't watch any, but how was Brodeur, I haven't seen him since the Olympics were he was very shaky.

He looked very shaky. But they had no choice, it was either Brodeur or Clemensen which obvi they would go with Marty. And also Niemi has been good, he hasn't let in a Powerplay goal this series. And there has been 17 :O

qK9nr.png

Chara is a ******* beast.

Chara can suck a nut. Goony *******. Can't wait, he's gonna get ****** up in this series.

Buffalo's in a rut without Vanek or Hecht but we'll be okay. It's ******* boston.

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

(+`Obsession) jay is a legend

Time to get on a bandwagon

GO CAPS

hamtaro_g_027.gif
Proud Founder of Carpediem
Proud Founder of Hysteria
Proud Leader of Malice

Pens won yesterday wooo. And also I'm happy the Sharks won even though I predicted them to choke in the first round. Also Phoenix leading 5-1 in 3rd period :O Game 7 Coyotes will win ;)

qK9nr.png

Pens won yesterday wooo. And also I'm happy the Sharks won even though I predicted them to choke in the first round. Also Phoenix leading 5-1 in 3rd period :O Game 7 Coyotes will win ;)

Nah, Redwings will win the series. soz bud.

Maybe, but I feel sorry for Abdelkader getting owned by Derek Morris. Ouch... :P

How the **** did he get owned by Morris? Morris was a little ***** and basically cheap shotted him because Abdelkader had a clean hit.

Here's Abdelkader owning Yandle:

Oh, and here is Morris being a little *****:

Morris is dumb. He had no reason to "try" to fight Abdelkader.

Anthoni u mad bro that ur wings lost

hamtaro_g_027.gif
Proud Founder of Carpediem
Proud Founder of Hysteria
Proud Leader of Malice

How the **** did he get owned by Morris? Morris was a little ***** and basically cheap shotted him because Abdelkader had a clean hit.

Here's Abdelkader owning Yandle:

Oh, and here is Morris being a little *****:

Morris is dumb. He had no reason to "try" to fight Abdelkader.

Morris destroyed Abdelkader, and he hit Yandle once while he was on the ground. If you watch before that happened Yandle was already on the ground and Abdelkader was face-washing him then started punching him while on top of him.

qK9nr.png

Morris destroyed Abdelkader, and he hit Yandle once while he was on the ground. If you watch before that happened Yandle was already on the ground and Abdelkader was face-washing him then started punching him while on top of him.

Morris had no reason to try and fight Abdelkader was my point in this, I just posted the one video of Abdelkader fighting Yandle because it was on my subscription thing on YouTube.

Abdelkader wasn't even ready for the fight rofl. Morris came out of no where therfore he is a ***** because Abdelkader had a clean hit on him. L2pk

Inu, the wings arent even out of the series you idiot, it's going to game 7 where they will win ^_^

Chara can suck a nut. Goony *******. Can't wait, he's gonna get ****** up in this series.

Buffalo's in a rut without Vanek or Hecht but we'll be okay. It's ******* boston.

thats why he was the defense men of the year last year..

Also our top goal scorer marc savard is out and he is also coming back tonight or tommorow, so its balanced out with losses. We lost phil kessel from last year and he was a good goal scorer. Boston > buffalo

2j2x7r5.jpg

OSBOW.png

0dlsG.png

thats why he was the defense men of the year last year..

Also our top goal scorer marc savard is out and he is also coming back tonight or tommorow, so its balanced out with losses. We lost phil kessel from last year and he was a good goal scorer. Boston > buffalo

Chara was suspended for Game 6 because he got an Instigator penalty within the last 5 minutes of the game but the NHL decided not to suspend him. Boston is lucky. <_<

qK9nr.png