Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Pures with barrows gloves?

BIGRYAN

I'm so sick and tired of these ridiculas topics that I'm going to get involved right now and put an end to it.

I recently just started playing this game again and I'm not quite sure what turmoil really is or how it works, or this agile pker, but I can tell you what was a pure and what should be.

A "Pure" account was one made up in the classic game of Runescape that had higher combat stats than its defence. The HP of this account would also be higher than the Combat Level of the account. Thus making 1-10 defence acceptable in those times. (why was black armour accepted? Only to give a slight defence for the pure against addy pkers in the classic era.) BUT of course this was all derived around FREE TO PLAY style of gaming. This all went onto RS2 and stuck with that type of build that a "Pure" account would be.

Now, I'm a firm believer that a "Pure" is different from a "P2P Pker" but it's also clear that these P2P pkers have more offensive bonuses than that of Rune, Addy and so on. But that's the problem, they're only offensive in PAY TO PLAY, not FREE TO PLAY. Addy, Rune, Mithril, are not offensive at all, they're straight defensive bonuses and have nothing "Pure" about them.

F2P covers all areas as it is used by all, if it's Pure in P2P and not in F2P then it's not pure, it's a P2P styled account that is just meant to stay pking in P2P and not show itself in F2P pure clan pking at all.

Over the years I've hated how "pure" was put at the end of these styled accounts. Initiate Pure? Rune Pure? Zerk Pure? Proslyte Pure? Now Turmoil Pure? In my honest opinion it should just change to Initiate Pker, Rune Pker, Proslyte Pker, and Turmoil Pker.

I really like your account, it's pretty cool and I like how you use the new P2P things to your advantage, but putting you in F2P, you're just about as pure as any poor main account that you see with Addy and Rune on.

FYI - Full mith has the same defensive bonuses of a Rune Chain + Rune Plate legs.

Tl;Dr - Little noobs you make me sick

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so sick and tired of these ridiculas topics that I'm going to get involved right now and put an end to it.

I recently just started playing this game again and I'm not quite sure what turmoil really is or how it works, or this agile pker, but I can tell you what was a pure and what should be.

A "Pure" account was one made up in the classic game of Runescape that had higher combat stats than its defence. The HP of this account would also be higher than the Combat Level of the account. Thus making 1-10 defence acceptable in those times. (why was black armour accepted? Only to give a slight defence for the pure against addy pkers in the classic era.) BUT of course this was all derived around FREE TO PLAY style of gaming. This all went onto RS2 and stuck with that type of build that a "Pure" account would be.

Now, I'm a firm believer that a "Pure" is different from a "P2P Pker" but it's also clear that these P2P pkers have more offensive bonuses than that of Rune, Addy and so on. But that's the problem, they're only offensive in PAY TO PLAY, not FREE TO PLAY. Addy, Rune, Mithril, are not offensive at all, they're straight defensive bonuses and have nothing "Pure" about them.

F2P covers all areas as it is used by all, if it's Pure in P2P and not in F2P then it's not pure, it's a P2P styled account that is just meant to stay pking in P2P and not show itself in F2P pure clan pking at all.

Over the years I've hated how "pure" was put at the end of these styled accounts. Initiate Pure? Rune Pure? Zerk Pure? Proslyte Pure? Now Turmoil Pure? In my honest opinion it should just change to Initiate Pker, Rune Pker, Proslyte Pker, and Turmoil Pker.

I really like your account, it's pretty cool and I like how you use the new P2P things to your advantage, but putting you in F2P, you're just about as pure as any poor main account that you see with Addy and Rune on.

FYI - Full mith has the same defensive bonuses of a Rune Chain + Rune Plate legs.

anddd /topic

..::PKin since classic '03 evildevilpy9.gif ::..

not like he's returning to pkri in barrows glovs chaotics or agile, so hes just 35 def addy no turm. would be useful for the occassional prep...but then again there's this thing called a def cap and it rarely goes over 20 for clw if 20.

Proof? I always pk in agile and bgloves... 100k a death doesn't hurt my bank when I have access to frost dragons - and agile is free to get back on death like god capes or prayer books.

Even been to a few trips in chaotic risk.

Agile is harder to return in; like zamorak book - but I have a large quantity of bgloves on hand for returns. Usually I'll just return in dhide chaps and mystic/pros top... for trips I can usually get agile and every back within 2 minutes as I have teleports for all the places to get the untradeable gear back.

to the person who posted the wall of text; I didn't make my account to dominate f2p, it's easy enough to f2p pk as it is.

I have the tokens for gravite crap if I wanted to get it, I'd barely ever use it so it's better spent on another chaotic weapon.

My hp is well above my combat level.

also u are 1 combat lower than a rune pker. 1.15-2.15 lower. Not 5-9 like you said on your app. idk where your math skills went after grade school, but if i type ur current stats and max stats into a calc, you are only 1 combat lower than a rune pker. A rune pker has all the same bonuses as you except they have 1 str bonus more,a significant higher defensive bonus, vengeance, and eaiser to slay/boss.

I was 80 combat with 16 prayer 99 range, much lower combat than any rune pure...

There is no advantage for me to get 40 def.

1 str bonus or 3 strength levels instead?

Don't need vengeance because I hybrid and am an ancients always.

The defence bonus isn't substantially higher - there's no setup 40 def has that 35 can't counter.

If 40 defence is in rune they're frozen, if they're in d'hide they're scim'd, and if they're in mystic they're screwed.

Agile is versatile armour that defends against all styles and gives no negative attack bonuses to hybrid in... similar to void.

As far as slayer goes... I'm 84 combat with 73 slayer, I have no trouble whatsoever with it... that's an assumption, and is irrelevant at that.

Just curious why you'd compare 35 def to 40 instead of 45... why not 45? because a zerker helm isnt worth the higher combat level?

Guess what, a zerker helm is 3 strength bonus higher than 40... so the difference between 40 and 45 def is 3x more substantial than 35-40 with 1 strength bonus gained instead of 3...

I'm app'ing for dont panic when I'm 90 combat, I'd rather be in a team of hybrids than a clan of people with accounts based around a single style of combat like rune pures and tanks.

ok then. and...

didnt say zerker because statius helm. also could of said 42 for void. could of said 40 for f2p bonuses, not everything is p2p.

Also 90 combat would mean you are melee based and maxed. and 1 combat from being maxed with 52 prayer.

Agile armor has no magic atk bonus so you would still need mystic, black d hide better defence and magic def bonuses than agile, rune armor has better bonuses than addy(legs being 60% better, plate being 15 bonuses better)

most rune pkers don't max out there combat stats like you did and arent 16 prayer so ofc their stats wont compare to urs.. just saying that a rune pker is only 1.15 combat higher and has better advantages than 35 and a little stronger offensive(also defense is a significant factor in offense).

If you're not going to say zerker because of statius helm - then don't say rune pure because of statius platebody/legs.

42 for void?

avvc.png

My magic bonus in agile is still better than 1-10 defs, don't pull that card because if they can hit then I can hit.

Rune pures aren't more powerful at my level...

Whole point of void is hybrid tribrid. 20% to range, 10% to str and atk, and now with the shield u can hit higher than u used to as a rune pker.

and no ur magic bonus in agile is worse than 1-10.

IDC, the whole point of pures is to have fun pking and for it to be challenging.

Rune pures still rip ur account, no im srry it still does don't tell me that people at your level have crap stats because its irevelant. They can have the same stats as you minus 2 range levels, 3 str levels. But have way better defensive which means more offensive bonus than you. It is a fact and don't even try to argue you im tired of dealing with some hard-headed kid with an attitude

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

also u are 1 combat lower than a rune pker. 1.15-2.15 lower. Not 5-9 like you said on your app. idk where your math skills went after grade school, but if i type ur current stats and max stats into a calc, you are only 1 combat lower than a rune pker. A rune pker has all the same bonuses as you except they have 1 str bonus more,a significant higher defensive bonus, vengeance, and eaiser to slay/boss.

I was 80 combat with 16 prayer 99 range, much lower combat than any rune pure...

The defence bonus isn't substantially higher - there's no setup 40 def has that 35 can't counter.

If 40 defence is in rune they're frozen, if they're in d'hide they're scim'd, and if they're in mystic they're screwed.

Agile is versatile armour that defends against all styles and gives no negative attack bonuses to hybrid in... similar to void.

As far as slayer goes... I'm 84 combat with 73 slayer, I have no trouble whatsoever with it... that's an assumption, and is irrelevant at that.

Just curious why you'd compare 35 def to 40 instead of 45... why not 45? because a zerker helm isnt worth the higher combat level?

Guess what, a zerker helm is 3 strength bonus higher than 40... so the difference between 40 and 45 def is 3x more substantial than 35-40 with 1 strength bonus gained instead of 3...

I'm app'ing for dont panic when I'm 90 combat, I'd rather be in a team of hybrids than a clan of people with accounts based around a single style of combat like rune pures and tanks.

ok then. and...

didnt say zerker because statius helm. also could of said 42 for void. could of said 40 for f2p bonuses, not everything is p2p.

Also 90 combat would mean you are melee based and maxed. and 1 combat from being maxed with 52 prayer.

Agile armor has no magic atk bonus so you would still need mystic, black d hide better defence and magic def bonuses than agile, rune armor has better bonuses than addy(legs being 60% better, plate being 15 bonuses better)

most rune pkers don't max out there combat stats like you did and arent 16 prayer so ofc their stats wont compare to urs.. just saying that a rune pker is only 1.15 combat higher and has better advantages than 35 and a little stronger offensive(also defense is a significant factor in offense).

If you're not going to say zerker because of statius helm - then don't say rune pure because of statius platebody/legs.

42 for void?

avvc.png

My magic bonus in agile is still better than 1-10 defs, don't pull that card because if they can hit then I can hit.

Whole point of void is hybrid tribrid. 20% to range, 10% to str and atk, and now with the shield u can hit higher than u used to as a rune pker.

IDC, the whole point of pures is to have fun pking and for it to be challenging.

Rune pures still rip ur account, no im srry it still does don't tell me that people at your level have crap stats because its irevelant. They can have the same stats as you minus 2 range levels, 3 str levels. But have way better defensive which means more offensive bonus than you. It is a fact and don't even try to argue you im tired of dealing with some hard-headed kid with an attitude

How are you going to tell me a rune pure owns me when I have 6 berserker helms sitting in my pk tab right this second.

I barrage 466, anyone I see running around in rune on pvp world is a dead fish... first time a combo rolls out there's nothing they can do.

You don't have an account like mine and it's extremely pretentious to tell someone that does what their account can and can't kill.

Rune pures are a problem for 1 def, not for me.

Find me a rune pure thats in the 85 combat area and I'll show you the meaning of a tank test, I've been waiting months to find one that can pose a challenge - if you know of one - I want that fight.

Under 10 magic bonus? Are you trolling? even in ADDY BERSERKER SHIELD, I'm in at least 55+ magic bonus... followed through with about 150 all defence.

hey guys i think your dumb if u get def on purpose for ******* gloves

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pacman had affected us as kids, we'd all be be running around

in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." -- CEO of Nintendo

TLP Pride World Wide

Although a Turmoil Pure with that gear minus Divine, could outbrid the main. And i'm pretty sure that account could kill a maxed main if it had a divine, and the maxed main did not. I fail to see your logic. So what if its a good build? You may still not know how to brid

We all agree its a beast account keith. Just getting closer and closer to rune pures, not good.

If I had a clan I'd accept good builds/accounts in the clans level range, not just pures that meet the reqs.

An account with 80 99 75 with piety, augury, rigour, chaotic, and divine could outbrid a turmoil rune pure any day of the week... yet mid level clans like hf and vh don't accept it because it's a main.

Even though it's more dominant, it's not a specific def so it can't get in the clan... that's the problem I see.

This is why single clans like haste and dont panic are successful, they accept good accounts/builds - not just good pures.

TH IS MY ONE

ok then. and...

42 for void?

avvc.png

How are you going to tell me a rune pure owns me when I have 6 berserker helms sitting in my pk tab right this second.

I barrage 466, anyone I see running around in rune on pvp world is a dead fish... first time a combo rolls out there's nothing they can do.

You don't have an account like mine and it's extremely pretentious to tell someone that does what their account can and can't kill.

Rune pures are a problem for 1 def, not for me.

Find me a rune pure thats in the 85 combat area and I'll show you the meaning of a tank test, I've been waiting months to find one that can pose a challenge - if you know of one - I want that fight.

Under 10 magic bonus? Are you trolling? even in ADDY BERSERKER SHIELD, I'm in at least 55+ magic bonus... followed through with about 150 all defence.

1-10 defense i was referring to, and no ur not 55+ in multi gear, ur 48 atm(in agile), and 1 def is 54 atm.

e p i c l y is 50 atk 82 cmb, dont know tho hes just an edge hero but he could be a good brid

So you are saying a rp cannot barrage a 466, run around barrage rune kids in a pvp world making them a dead fish, they cant make a combo roll out like there's nothing you cant do.

Im saying is you in 40 def 2 range levels lower 3 str levels lower vs you in 35 def, 40 def is going to win

and for the last time, the difference between ur account and a pure account, is that mastering the pure account is a challenge, while there is no challenge with your account.

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

Quit making assumptions, I've pked on mains, 1 defs, and 45 defs - 35 defence does pk differently, the closest thing to relate it to is a void pker as far as the pking style goes.

Because I don't leave myself constantly vulnerable to getting 1 banged it requires no skill?

I'd say thats intelligence... if something is more effective and easier to use - that would make something that requires more effort and is less effective, obsolete.

I hit higher than a rune pure my combat hits... defence bonus makes no difference for the rune pure because I'm going to be targeting whatever gear's weakness the rune pure has - while my gear provides well rounded defence.

a rune pure can run around barraging 466, but while he's in mystic hes going to get annihilated by range or melee.

Keep arguing if you want, any 'point' you can think of I've heard and addressed already.

I don't understand what the issue is, if you think my account is pointless then that shouldn't present a problem for you in the wild?

Quit making assumptions, I've pked on mains, 1 defs, and 45 defs - 35 defence does pk differently, the closest thing to relate it to is a void pker as far as the pking style goes.

Because I don't leave myself constantly vulnerable to getting 1 banged it requires no skill?

I'd say thats intelligence... if something is more effective and easier to use - that would make something that requires more effort and is less effective, obsolete.

I hit higher than a rune pure my combat hits... defence bonus makes no difference for the rune pure because I'm going to be targeting whatever gear's weakness the rune pure has - while my gear provides well rounded defence.

a rune pure can run around barraging 466, but while he's in mystic hes going to get annihilated by range or melee.

Keep arguing if you want, any 'point' you can think of I've heard and addressed already.

I don't understand what the issue is, if you think my account is pointless then that shouldn't present a problem for you in the wild?

Ik you are new, but i never make assumptions. I make all my deductions from fact and push the facts as hard as possible which makes people think about things from a different perspective which causes the average person to revert to a barbaric state and just reject the truth.

anything you can do a 40def can do better. Think about it. ponder it. And when you think you know the answer, start over and think about it again cuz its going to be wrong. Hit 1 damage higher doesnt mean much.

you can around around barraging 466, but when ur in mystic ur going to get annihilated by range or melee.

There are some people who like a challenge, the pures, and other people who take the easy way out, the rune pkers and you and the addy daddys. Its just you are putting urself at a disadvantage vs rune pures. But its not as much as pures face. If your goal is to make the best build then it would be the 40 def pker. Its like gettign 29 def turmol+rune gloves instead of getting 30 def. its just serves no purpose. the only thing you can say about your build is its not 40 defence or pure. just a stupid title to have

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

Then you've got quite the ego to uphold.

I've had my rune pure, as you will see on the application, for over 5 years... I know it's ins and outs, what it's good at, and what it's not good at... I can attest that I know more about rune pures than you do as I had 573 days of ingame time on my rune pure... more than most people have on their mains.

This account is better.

You're speaking from what you think you know, and what could be probable - I'm speaking from experience and what is statistically better...

The challenge in the fight shouldn't be in survival like it is on a pure, it should be in the hunt like it is on accounts with defence.

If you have both of those to worry about, why pk on a terrible account with little ko thats near impossible to do either with? Because it's a challenge?

Props to you then... In the mean time I'll continue to have fun killing people with ease.

you must be a christian, at least at heart

christians will think their belief is right until the end, no matter what the facts say.

And no a pure still has as much chance to ko as every1 else thanks to phx necks. The rp will just last longer.

All the time on the rp, it must have been good. This 35 "build" has been around since 2006. If this build was the best, you think more people would have it?

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

Don't compare me to a fundamentalist because you can't prove a point.

And I'm agnostic so don't use me to fuel your religious hate either.

I've come to terms with the fact you have no clue what you are talking about... barrows gloves didn't come to 35 def until 2009, as did agile.

I started my account in august of 2009 from a new account - it's taken me this long to get to where I'm at now... that's the reason the wild isn't flourishing with builds that take this long to complete.

However there are others and have been people in the past with similar 35 defence builds.

Elaborate how a rune pure lasts longer in a hybrid dm, when it has 6 less food in it's inventory and is vulnerable in every hybrid setup it switches to.

Don't compare me to a fundamentalist because you can't prove a point.

And I'm agnostic so don't use me to fuel your religious hate either.

I've come to terms with the fact you have no clue what you are talking about... barrows gloves didn't come to 35 def until 2009, as did agile.

I started my account in august of 2009 from a new account - it's taken me this long to get to where I'm at now... that's the reason the wild isn't flourishing with builds that take this long to complete.

However there are others and have been people in the past with similar 35 defence builds.

Elaborate how a rune pure lasts longer in a hybrid dm, when it has 6 less food in it's inventory and is vulnerable in every hybrid setup it switches to.

yeh forgot about that random update

i meant they last longer vs pures. And rune pures have the same inv that you do, just better armor. But rune pures take longer to complete than that build.

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

Yo guys, theres a PM button, use it.

30, 35 defence isn't pure and should not be accepted into pure clans, even if they are better than other pure account their levels, they aren't pures therefor should not be accepted into a pure clan.

Pures aren't the best account for pking anymore, but they're fun, that's why people keep making them.

45w2jk.gif

Tbh i like and agree with Forty Lashes arguement, it's well thought out and Celtic's replies are mostly junk and not supported by facts.

However I still agree with Celtic despite his argument, just cause i'm 1 def

Founding Leader of Enemy
Officer of Corrupt Pures
Honoured Member of Epidemic
Leader of Eruption of Pures
4sleex.png