Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

HELLA's 1-99 Farming Guide

HELLA

Some Calculations:

what would it cost (realistically) from 70-99 and what's an average time frame?

With only spending ~30 mins/day it would take you ~210 days and you would profit ~5M.

Calculations:

-- 3 Lantadyme Herb runs, average of 6 herbs per patch

---- 3*4*(11.5k-5.5k)=72k cash and and ~10k xp

-- 1 Calquat tree

---- -11.5k cash and 12.5k xp

-- 5 Pineapple trees

---- 5*8.5k=-42.5k cash and 23k xp

===========================

28k profit and 45.5k xp per day

Level 72->91 is 5M xp, so it would take you 110 days and you would profit 3.08M.

Once you get 91, the profit/day stays the same but you get 75.5k xp per day.

Level 91->99 is 7.1M xp, so it would take you an additional 94 days and you would profit an additional 2.63M.

This guide is a compilation of three guides ( 1 2 ) the third of which being my personal guide. The first two parts were originally posted by Joe and 5tr on the Fatality Forums.

tickfarmingrh2.png

Me and Delinius were tired of seeing Fatality's farming average lowed by all the other noobs who would like to farm but don't know how to. So, I've decided to make this guide to show you how to get at least 30 farming so that you raise the your Farming Average!

Contents:

One: Basics

Two: Items you need.

Three: Buying the seeds.

Four: Levels 1-15

Five: Levels 15-30

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

148dy7o.gif

Chapter One, Basics.

To start off, Farming is one of the most enjoyable skills in Runescape once you understand how to do it. It's not repetitive as you only go to each patch every hour or so at max. You don't really need to put any effort into it, you plant the seeds then you're free to do whatever you want until they're grown. Also, it's different from all other skills, it involves travelling around the whole Runescape Map and seeing places you'd never even go to otherwise.

Ok, a couple of basic things you should know:

1. If a farmer is not looking after a patch for you, the patch must be treated with supercompost. Supercompost means the plant is way less likely to die and also increased the yield of the plant once it's grown. You'll only need to buy 10 or so supercompost to farm, the rest you will make yourself.

2. Always have the Farming Leprechaun loaded with Spade/Seed Dibber/Rake/Supercomposts. It's inevitable, you will forget these things from time to time and instead of wasting time banking to get them, you can easily retrieve them from your leprechain in a fraction of the time. Also, don't forget to return them to the leprechaun after you've used them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

148dy7o.gif

Ok, now that's over with, on with Chapter Two, what you need. There aren't really all that many things you need, but the things you should have are:

Teleport runes to every location (Laws, airs, fires, waters, earths)

Level 3 Explorer Ring (For easy access to Falador Allotment)

Ectophial (From Ghost's Ahoy Quest, for easy access to Port Phasmatys Allotment)

Obviously farming equipment: Spades, Seed Dibbers etc.

That wasn't that hard was it?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

148dy7o.gif

Section Three, Buying The Seeds.

Start off by buying 500 watermelons and 500 buckets. for making supercomposts with, not that expensive.

080928151338rx3.png

If you're worried about spending 40k on them, you can easily sell off any surplus and make an easy profit.

Then buy 50 marigold seeds, which will last you a fair amount of time. Definately until at least 30, off every seed you get one marigold flower, which is worth around 2k on GE and sells easily. So if you plant all of these then you'll make around 100k profit.

080928151558lc8.png

(15:17:05) -[bA]RuneScript- *** [ GE ]: Results: 1 | [M] Marigolds: 2,984gp (Today: +31gp)

080928152045hr4.png

Will get you from 15-30 farming as long as you keep planting marigolds and making supercomposts.

080928152146dl7.png

080928152208qk2.png

Those are to pay the farmer to look after your oak trees.

So, let's add up how much 30 farming costs.

(15:25:23) -[bA]RuneScript- *** [ CALC ]: 1880+4700+1600+41000+3800+4500 = 57,480

That's about 53k and if you plant all those marigolds, you'll make at least 100k back. Plus, say you make all those supercomposts, you'll use 50 of them on marigolds, so that's 450 spare supercompost. How much is that worth?

(15:26:33) -[bA]RuneScript- *** [ GE ]: [M] Supercompost: 395gp (Today: +3gp)

(15:26:48) -[bA]RuneScript- *** [ CALC ]: 450*395 = 177,750

So, if that's an overall profit of at least 270k. Pretty nice for getting a level 30 skill with very little work.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

148dy7o.gif

Chapter Four, Levels 15-30.

Just to say, please ignore anything in any other patches apart from the flower patch at this time. They're there because they make my allotments look pretty whilst I'm farming my herbs ^_^

So, to start off your first farming round. Here's what your inventory should look like:

stats153356lb1.png

NOTE, THERE ARE 15 WATERMELONS THERE. YOU ACTUALLY NEED TO HAVE 15 WATERMELONS.

So, use your explorer's ring to cabbage port. Then run just north to the Falador Allotment Patch.

Use your rake with the flower patch (the middle one) until it is free of weeds, then use supercompost on the patch. Use the marigold seed with the patch, then finally use your watering can on the patch. It should look like this:

080928153707so8.png

Now, head about 5 steps north to the compost bin. Use all fifteen watermelons with the bin:

080928153837ao3.png

When you have used them all on it, you should be able to close the lid of the bin:

080928154029ow1.png

Congratulations, you've just farmed your first patch.

RECAP.

• Teleport to allotment.
  • Weed the flower patch.
  • Use supercompost with patch.
  • Use seed with patch.
  • Water the patch.
  • Use watermelons with compost bin.
  • Close lid.

Now, use your ring of duelling to teleport to Castle Wars. Bank and withdraw the same things you needed for the Falador patch but also bring runes for a camelot teleport.

**If you do not have the Ectophial, skip ahead to...**

If you have the ectophial, use it to teleport to the Ectofunctus, then run for approximately 20 seconds west until you reach the Port Phasmatys Farming Patch. Repeat exactly what you did for the Falador patch. Simple.

**Here**

Telepot to Camelot. If you need to bank then run on down to Catherby bank and again withdraw exactly the same items you withdrew for the last one/two patches. Then head just north to the Catherby Allotment.

Again, repeat exactly the same process as you used for the Falador (and maybe Port Phasmatys) patche(s). Weed the flower patch, use supercompost with it, plant the marigold seed, water the patch. Use 15 watermelons with the compost bin, close the lid.

When you're done, bank at Catherby and again withdraw those same items that you've used for all the other patches.

You're going to walk to the Ardougne patch, it takes maybe a minute to walk there and saves you two law runes that an Ardougne Teleport would cost. Also it probably takes the same amount of time to walk from Catherby as it would to tele Ardougne then walk up to the patch.

Here's the route you take:

28809pf.jpg

Again when you get there follow the simple procedure you've done at every patch so far. It's really very simple. You should have got the hang of it by now.

Now, you've finished your first farming round. Just remember, the next time you do a round you need to take buckets to collect the supercompost. You just use the buckets on the bin and it automatically fills every bucket one by one. It's useful to have buckets stored in your leprechaun for this as it means you don't have to bank in the middle of every patch.

The flower patches take around 20 minutes to grow, while the compost bin takes 40-50 minutes. I suggest doing a farming round every hour so you can easily repeat the process I've described here. Once you get more familiar with the skill you can start doing rounds only farming flowers etc.

It will take around 3-4 of these rounds to get you 15 farming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

http://rs-fi.com/topic/4678-the-30-farming-guide/

Contents

I. Required Items/Quests

II. Recommended Items

III. Routes

IV. What to plant

I. Required Items/Quests:

Items:

-A decent amount of laws, airs, waters

-Ring of duelling's

-Explorer Ring 3

-Ectophial

-Energy potions

-Woodcutting axe, preferably rune and higher

-Spade, rake, seed dibber, and super compost

-Decent amount of cash

Quests:

-Plague City

-Eugar's Ruse

-Ghost's Ahoy

-Medium Lumby Diary, completed.

-My Big Arm's Adventure

II. Recommended Items:

Recommended invent. Add Seeds or whatever yourself. ;) I prefer this invent. I use alchs because it doesn't waste energy. You also get closer to 99 mage. :)

-Magic Secateurs*

-Boots of lightness

-Spotted/Spottier cape

-Alchs + Lava staff

*Magic Secateurs may be gotten by doing Fairy Tales quest, Part 1. One of the prequests are Nature's Spirit. It needs to be weilded to yield 10% more crops - herbs in this case.

III. Routes/How to get there

For Trees/Fruit Trees

Step 1: Check the trees health

Step 2: Cut down the tree

Step 3: Dig it up by using a spade on the trunk

Step 4: Use your sapling on the patch

Step 5: PAY the Farmer - ALWAYS pay the farmer

Herbs: Self-explanitory

Willow Tree routes + Fruit tree routes + Herbs:

Bank using the duelling ring when needed. Also use energy pots when banking, if needed.

Fally park and Taverly park patch - Willow:

Tele Fally. Go to the park. Plant the tree. Then run to Taverly gate and do the same thing.

fallyze4.png

Varrock patch - Willow:

Tele Varrock and go near entrance of the castle.

varrockvw5.png

Gnome Stronghold + Maze Patch - 2 Fruit and 1 Willow:

From the Varrock patch, run to the NE corner of the Ge and use the Spirit tree there to tele to the Gnome maze. Then use the spirit tree there to tele to Gnome Stronghold. Then go back to the Spirit tree and tele to the Gnome maze. Go through the gate shortcut. Use the "Follow" Option on him. He'll take you outside of the maze, then go south. I prefer to do it this way so I don't have to go back into the maze after.

nomeow1.png

mazeai5.png

Lumbridge - Willow:

Homeport or tele Lumby. Go behind the castle. Open the doors there. You should find a tree patch there. Plant a willow sapling here.

lumbyyrr3.png

Brimhaven - Fruit tree and Calquat:

Tele Ardy. Take the ship to Brimhaven. Plant your fruit tree seed. Go down south, near the noob village. You should see a calquat patch.

brimroute2gf6.png

Follow this route. Take the ship to Brimhaven. Once at Brimhaven, follow this other route.

brimhavenrouteev1.png

Catherby - Herb and Fruit tree:

Tele Camelot and run East. Plant your herb there, preferably toadflax. Then run a little SE, near white wolf mountain. You should see a fruit tree patch. Plant a sapling here.

OR you can use the gnome glider to get to the mountain and get to the fruit tree patch then go to the herb patch.

cathbyrouteof0.png

Lletya - Fruit tree:

Use the charged tele crystal to get here. Plant the tree.

lltyazh0.png

Ardy - Herb patch:

Tele Ardy, run east then north.

mcO6i.png

Falador - Herb:

Use your Explorer's ring to cabbage port.

cabbageportbf6.png

Ecto - Herb:

Use your Ectophial if you have one. If not, don't use this patch.

ectorouteqt3.png

Trolheim - Herb:

Run down the mountain and run through the trolls towards the west. Go through the entrance of the cave, run through more trolls, run to the Troll Generals, once you get near them, you should see a ladder. Go up. Plant the seed.

trollheimroutevz7.png

Once you enter the cave entrance, follow this route.

trollheimpart2zj4.png

IV. What to plant

Level 30-39

Plant Apple and Willow saplings

Level 39-51

Plant Orange and willow saplings

Level 51-72

Plant pineapple and willow saplings, if you don't want to spend much cash, I recommend using Orange or Pineapple saplings. Or you can plant Papaya's or whatever else there are.

Optional: Level 57-72

If you don't mind spending 5-6 GP/XP then start doing Papaya trees, however I did Pineapple all the way to 99.

Level 72-91/93

Continue doing your pineapple/papayas and herbs. I decided to stop doing willows at this level because they only provide ~6k xp per run and that just wasn't worth the time. At level 72, you can start doing Calquat Trees, they require a payment of 8 poison ivy berries. The green line goes to the pineapple tree and the blue line goes to the calquat tree.

tjOhi.png

Level 91/93-99

Although it is possible to being this stage earlier, the lower level you are, the longer you will have to wait. Continue doing your herbs+calquat+pineapple/papayas, but once a day you now have the opportunity to assist people completing effigies! The best way to do this is by going to W117 Daemonheim and say "Offering 91/93/95/97 Farming" (choose whichever level applies to you). You can assist for a maximum of 30k XP per 24 hours.

If you don't have a high enough level to assist, or want to assist more people, you can use the following boosts:

-- A Garden Pie will boost your level by 3.

-- At 64 Summoning, a Stranger Plant will boost your level by 1 + 4% of your farming level. This is usually a level boost of 4.

bRbRO.png

99 :: Range Mage Att HP Str Slay Farm Pray Summ Cook Herb WC FM Fletch Smith Craft Con RC Dung Thief Agil Fish Hunt Mine
42 :: Defence

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very detailed nice. couple things,

Arhein on catherby dock will sell you 40 pineapple once a day for 2 gp each which you can use for super compost

And once you've checked health on a tree rather than chopping them down and digging them up, right click pay gardener and he'll remove the tree for 200 gp ;)

swanseaafcwarchiefyezid.png

I'm 73 Farming atm and I might do what you did and just Farm and while waiting train woodcutting. So make a guide for 70-99 :P

I'll probably add a 70-99 portion to it, as it isn't really that much more stuff.

EDIT: Done.

Arhein on catherby dock will sell you 40 pineapple once a day for 2 gp each which you can use for super compost

And once you've checked health on a tree rather than chopping them down and digging them up, right click pay gardener and he'll remove the tree for 200 gp ;)

Wow thanks, I personally haven't done wood trees since lvl 70 farming, but I never knew that.

99 :: Range Mage Att HP Str Slay Farm Pray Summ Cook Herb WC FM Fletch Smith Craft Con RC Dung Thief Agil Fish Hunt Mine

what would it cost (realistically) from 70-99 and what's an average time frame?

With only spending ~30 mins/day it would take you ~210 days and you would profit ~5M.

Calculations:

-- 3 Lantadyme Herb runs, average of 6 herbs per patch

---- 3*4*(11.5k-5.5k)=72k cash and and ~10k xp

-- 1 Calquat tree

---- -11.5k cash and 12.5k xp

-- 5 Pineapple trees

---- 5*8.5k=-42.5k cash and 23k xp

===========================

28k profit and 45.5k xp per day

Level 72->91 is 5M xp, so it would take you 110 days and you would profit 3.08M.

Once you get 91, the profit/day stays the same but you get 75.5k xp per day.

Level 91->99 is 7.1M xp, so it would take you an additional 94 days and you would profit an additional 2.63M.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...