Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Quick Defence Question (oh no not again)

Omni

35 def isnt pure, tho we accept it usually because people either mess up their accounts, or get both hc and turm and dont like the 33 def, or watever it is for turm and hc.

Its a ugly number tho, 35 doesnt look right, but its apart of the community now, im not sure exactly how this one sneaked in tho, cause the fight for 30 def was so tough and there wasnt a single fight against 35 really until now.

Give it a year and we will accept 39 def. Maybe shorter lol.

This guy knows what I'm talking about!

32zq2aw.png

Voted BEST PURE CLAN 2 YEARS STRAIGHT - RSC

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because no one person can determine whats pure, and its for the most part accepted in pure clans now, so you might aswell take advantage of it.

Nuff said

so say cp/fi/tr or some other clan gets 40 def, its fine?

keep this clean.

i didnt mean to call out a specific clans, those are just the some of the clans most vocal about pro 35 defence

Proud civilian of Cake Town

thunderbannerbh1.jpg

Survival of the fittest, clans adapt to survive. If a big clan starts allowing 30 def then the weaker clans have no choice then to get 30 def themselves or they will be at an even bigger disadvantage when fighting that clan. First it was 10, 20, 30 and now 35.

People usually agree that a pure is one who maximizes their offensive potential while keeping their defense as low as possible.

Using this logic, one could get barrows gloves/lunars/turmoil while keeping their defense at a reasonably low 40. Then wouldn't they be pure?

You then get 2 accounts one with 40 defence quested etc. One with 35 defence unquested.

Which one is more pure?

Because Pures are ones who manipulate the combat system to give them the best offensive advantage so reasonably, one who gets defence just for the defensive bonuses is not a pure at all.

The true definition of a "pure" would have to be determined by a vast majority of the community, which is never going to happen.

My belief is that a pure is 1 def. Even so, i do feel that a 30 def fully quested turmoiler is more of a pure than a 20 def unquested. As they got their defense for offensive purposes.

It isn't pure and shouldn't be accepted into pure clans.

I think a lot of people forget the fundamental purpose of a pure was to take advantage of the lack of combat levels given by staying a low defence level. This allows you to raise one of your combat skills far above any competition that is your combat and thus deal more damage and win more fights. Then players got hybrid mage + range, etc. but never defence or for that matter 95 prayer.

If players are simply saying well **** it i messed up im gonna get 35 defence because my clan says its fine why not, then theres something wrong with the pure world.

Some players might state that turmoil pures only get 30 defence so they can gain even more offensive capabilities, which is what a pure is supposed to do. But i could say berserker pures 5 or 6 years ago were not accepted into pure clans because even though they carried the name "pure" does not mean they are pures. Same goes for turmoil pures.

The short answer omni is that clans need +1s. Every clan nowadays doesn't play for fun or to entertain their members or form a community. Now it's only about winning, so you can get more members to join your clan because you are on top and then with those extra members you will win more and then you can get additional members to app and you get the idea. So these people who need ego boosts will gladly accept nearly any **** pure no matter how poor they are as long as they attend trips and show pictures. Because that's all that matters now. Pulls and wins.

/rant

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

because garbage clans cant fight without 30-35 def

1 Def 4 lIfe

Proud Ex @Leader / Ex @Warlord Of Exiled Force
Stepped Down After 8 Months Of ******* **** Up
Retired From Pure Clanning `2006-2012
1zgu61v.png
30ttamw.png
gVIwv.png
Sadly Came Back To RS

Survival of the fittest, clans adapt to survive.

This is a true statement ^

It's a totally different game now, and 1-10def pures are completely obsolete unless you like pray hybriding. :rolleyes:

Most people who stay 1-10def in the year 2011 do it because of prides issues, they love to skill, or keep it just to stay in the clan they are in. Pures were made to have a advantage over the mains when pking. Going into the year 2012 if you are a 1-10def pure just using your account to skill & clan like 13th R4nger then you are doing it "WRONG" .

2012:

30 Def (Turmoil) = New 1 Def

32 Def (Turmoil) = New 5 Def

33 Def (Turmoil + Hand Cannon) = New 10def

33+ Def (Turmoil) = New 20 Def Failed Pure

Quick Note: For any clans who currently only accept 25- def you will never be a top clan in the year 2012, unless you start adapting to the new game of runescape (Sorry MM). I was one of the first turmoil pures in this game, and I have tried going back to actually being "Pure" maybe 4 times now. Being a 1-10def pure is a completely obsolete account, and anyone who disagrees does not play this game to have fun.

LOL! Who still plays this game

It's a totally different game now, and 1-10def pures are completely obsolete unless you like pray hybriding. :rolleyes:

Most people who stay 1-10def in the year 2011 do it because of prides issues, they love to skill, or keep it just to stay in the clan they are in. Pures were made to have a advantage over the mains when pking. Going into the year 2012 if you are a 1-10def pure just using your account to skill & clan like 13th R4nger then you are doing it "WRONG" .

2012:

Quick Note: For any clans who currently only accept 25- def you will never be a top clan in the year 2012, unless you start adapting to the new game of runescape (Sorry MM). I was one of the first turmoil pures in this game, and I have tried going back to actually being "Pure" maybe 4 times now. Being a 1-10def pure is completely obsolete account, and anyone who disagrees does not play this game to have fun.

101 sins actually got something right.

Dv TR NME
2008-2012
2ce2o91.gif

2012:

Quick Note: For any clans who currently only accept 25- def you will never be a top clan in the year 2012, unless you start adapting to the new game of runescape (Sorry MM). I was one of the first turmoil pures in this game, and I have tried going back to actually being "Pure" maybe 4 times now. Being a 1-10def pure is a completely obsolete account, and anyone who disagrees does not play this game to have fun.

facepalm.jpg

2012:

SO MM and NME aren't among the top clans?

Proud to have been a +Member, +Legend, and ^Council of Enemy
AqopR.png

personally I dont give a **** and am myself 34 def unquested lOl

why do clans accept it? probably because they dont give a ****.

whats the advantages which you get if you dont accept it?

So by that logic, MM and HF should merge immediately as it will give them an "advantage". 34 defence unquested.... Players like you are the reason the community is getting worse, you just don't care about it.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

It's not pure. pure to me is under 20 def. When I first started pking with massers way back then I rarely saw any "pures" in mith. As time went on it became more accepted. Then 3 Hit U Pure got 30 defence for whatever ******* reason and since he was pretty well known for leading a successful clan a bunch of randoms thought green was a cool color and decided to get it themselves (although at that time there were no attack based benefits in having 30+ defence, no turmoil, no hand cannon). Although the last 2/3 of that story is just how I feel like it MAY have gone that's totally not true to what probably happened. Long story short as time goes on people start to break boundaries - and when boundaries are broken something that has a name (such as pure) may not still follow the same rules, but people will be doing and using things to their benefit and pushing it as far as they can while still calling themselves pure.

2s1ry3n.jpg

Some one above me proofed a valid point, i don't recall his name but he said (summed) up was "That a Pure is a Character that maximizes their attacking potential but keeps there defense as low as possible" due to that logic people say "then if your gonna accept 30 defense then might as well accept 39 defense" My honest Opinion is you might as well, my reasoning is that the reason there are so many 40- defense pures in this community is because they dont wanna go 40+ for zerker/main and they dont have a community of their own. That is 100% completely understand able to me, there are alot of them nowadays but compared to pures/mains there aren't enough of them to keep a community thriving by themselves. So instead of dying out over time they are clinging to the pure community. Let me ask you a questing if there were a few of your kind with no home, would you stay there and let your people die out or would you cling to whatever life you find?-Spoken from a 20 def soon to be turmoil pure---Am Ur Nan

I'll be the one smirking at your funeral. [Z]Breed.

tumblr_m8b6wbi7fv1r3xuvro1_250.gif

The game changed & people adapted. Which resulted in what wouldn't be considered as pure now is. People see their clan accepting 35 def so they have no reason not to get it. although when half the clan gets 35 def even 37 for hc and berserker shield its ridiculous. Serbia also has a point if clans don't adapt they won't reach the top(other then mm) as they'll just always be at a disadvantage. I see the pure community collapsing soon though as much as i don't want it too.

Theres nothing offensive about addy armour.

It allows you to do more damage by taking less damage (eating less thus giving you more time to attack). That's a fairly large offensive bonus within itself if you ask me.

2s1ry3n.jpg

It allows you to do more damage by taking less damage (eating less thus giving you more time to attack). That's a fairly large offensive bonus within itself if you ask me.

Well.. with that logic, why not just use rune then, seenig as "It allows you to do more damage by taking less damage (eating less thus giving you more time to attack). That's a fairly large offensive bonus within itself if you ask me."

p2p20v20pure.png

111120154705.png

R0IPq.png

#FREESTEEZ

#TEAM-WALLI

Well.. with that logic, why not just use rune then, seenig as "It allows you to do more damage by taking less damage (eating less thus giving you more time to attack). That's a fairly large offensive bonus within itself if you ask me."

Barrows allows you to do more damage by taking less damage (eating less thus giving you more time to attack). That's a fairly large offensive bonus within itself if you ask me.

»15:40:10« <@Jay> You're not even close to being intelligent enough to speak to me.

-Jay

^ Why would you cite me on the quote, when my name's clearly in it...

-Jay

2012:

This in my opinion is it, but when I got my account back after it being reset and such my goal was turm just because 60 att turm just gives so much advantage over some and its fun, but as for 35 def in clans its acceptable to a certain extent but I believe once 35 is crossed you're done, redo and restart but the day 38def+ is accepted as "pure" I'm done.

64tfkLf.gif

C6US7zP.gif

Proud Ex-General of Intense Redemption

Proud Ex-Memberof Frenzy

Proud Ex-Proud Memberof The Last Pures

Proud Ex-Experienced Memberof Hazard

Proud Ex-Oldschool of Hazard

Proud Proud Member of Fatality

#Hentai #piper