Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

New Releases

Karl

Pure Warfare 2010

Hello everyone. Pure Warfare hasn't had many releases lately, this is because we wanted to release a large amount of things in one go. Some projects took longer than others, thus putting back the schedule that we had planned.

Anyway, I'd like to thank everyone for their continued support, the community is not as it's finest and we will be trying to change this as soon as we can. The trolling and flaming is getting old and boring, even the people trolling are getting bored. However, new people still think it's cool to troll and it's a continuous cycle.

There have been numerous discussions with clan leaders on how we can change the current outlook of the Pure World, topics ranging from defence problems, to controlling members and the almost forgotten honour code. I'm pretty old school and I still stick by the honour code, I don't flame and I am 1 defence. I still cling on to what the Pure World used to be like, and I hope at some point it can return to that stage, not entirely, but a definite improvement from what it is currently. Everyone can do their part to change the community, it is not because of communities like Pure Warfare that changes have happened, it's due to numerous changes within the game. The wilderness was removed, resulting in many old school pures leaving RuneScape entirely, the honour code slipped away and was forgotten, when clan wars was released. We once again had a reason to fight, but the wars which took place were nothing like the wars in the wilderness, especially P2P. Which ever clan was the richest had a greater advantage as there was no risk involved. PvP and BH worlds were then released and wars took place how they used to, I thought this would change the Pure World and bring it back to its former glory. Where honour was a thing to be proud of, but now, if someone teles from a fight, even with valid proof. Nothing will be done, as clans don't want to lose one extra person at a fight.

Pure clans now live for weekend fights, and weekend fights only. I remember when clans didn't have designated times and days to fight. You just pulled your clan together when you wanted and stormed the wildnerness, attacking anyone. Not just other pure clans.

Anyway, enough of me reminiscing the good old days.

Firstly, I'd like to release our new website.

New Website

www.pure-warfare.com

Our website has been redesigned and recoded.

I have taken time to go over the old website and completely recode our news engine. I've removed the poll and introduced a search engine. This will search any quest guides, skill guides, maps, towns, achievement diaries and miscellaneous guides. It's an engine written by myself and will require some finer tweaking until it gives the response I would like to achieve.

There is also a section for the latest RuneScape updates, just to keep you guys informed of any changes if you can't be bothered to view the RuneScape website directly.

For quite a long time our Dynamic Signatures could not be used on community forums, such as this one. I've now completely recoded the Dynamic Signatures so that you can now use them on the forums. I will also be releasing some new designs throughout the next coming weeks to give you a wider range of choice.

Our Hiscores and Calculators remain unchanged, but you can expect some updates to those at a later date.

As you can see on the website, there is a login feature. This will be a continuous work in progress, it works with the forums database, allowing you to login if you already have an account here at Pure Warfare. This was the biggest problem which I faced when making the new website. As the login system for IP.Board 2.3.6 is different to earlier versions. Being able to login to the website will later become of use to you, currently there isn't any extras on the website. However, we have a few projects planned which will be released over the next few months, some may become very useful :)

Finally, we have another section called "Video Picks", when a video catches one of the staffs eyes, they will be able to select it to be placed in this section. Giving it more views from the Pure World, I hope this will be a successful addition and will entice people to keep releasing PK videos and posting them on the forums!

Laws of Pure Warfare

After a lot of discussion we decided that the rules for these forums were not very clear or established. Many people couldn't find them, thus broke them without knowing and later complained about it. The laws can be found by clicking the "PW Rules" link at the top of the forums.

This is the first step in a long process of trying to get PW back on the track that I want to aim towards. I first opened PW for it to be a friendly community with good feedback and a place where pures can ask for help and be helped by other experienced pures. It will take a while, but I'm confident we can change Pure Warfare for the better.

Meerkat-4.png

Woo ^

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

Great job.

As a regular member of PW I'd like to thank you for the great updates. Even though forums constantly get trashed with trolls, you guys are always working hard to keep it clean and updating the forum itself regularly.

Lovin the new homepage

Ex FOE Co-Leader

foesig4yearsred.png

foechamps-1.gif[

SEXY

11j2cfd.gif[Retired- High Council]| Since 09' | #Clan-CP | www.cp-rs.com |
corrutpures2sig.pngcorruptpures.png
"Could we even recognize ourselves, and if we did, would we know ourselves?
What would we say to ourselves? What would we learn from ourselves?
What would we really like to see if we could stand outside ourselves and look at us?"

Maybe people will actually read the rules now

Furious-Chan is a noob K-ON! Fan|I like Starcraft 2 and League of Legends ヽ(´ー`)ノ ~IGN both "MooMooMugi"

Site looks good and I'm glad Pure Warfare's realising that they play a huge role in determining the "honour code" for pure clans. It become pretty obvious to me that the Pure World was in trouble when I realised that NH Masser Clans were receiving full access and use of the forum.

Tom N Eto. 99 Range, 99 Strength, 99 Hitpoints Pure.
MostValuablePlayer.pngTomCartoonTEXT.png
Ex-The Hatred High Council.
Ex-The Dreaded High Council
Malice Founder. Something words can't describe.

bestf2ppker.pngpkvideo.png

I'm not sure why Karl went on about the good old days? Seems like a warning for a future update to me, probably going to start banning all the clans that accept 30 def and form anti addy alliance :confused: !

Anyways nice update to the site :biggrin: .

"it used to take over my life but now im no longer a prisinor of the game, i will never let myself get addicted again."

Quit 9/25/10

Excellent work Karl, these updates are pretty exciting, the website is hot, and I can't wait for more updates to occur. Hopefully the new "Rules" Link will sink into everybody's mind so nobody will screw up. Follow the rules and there will be no consequences to pay, and hey, less work for me :)

| Ex Moderator of PUREWARFARE |

Great job.

As a regular member of PW I'd like to thank you for the great updates. Even though forums constantly get trashed with trolls, you guys are always working hard to keep it clean and updating the forum itself regularly.

Lovin the new homepage

TH IS MY ONE