Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

How to avoid being Phished

Karl

Be warned if you get this e-mail!

Another good point. By now, people should know that Jagex never emails members. Ever. So auto-delete any emails you receive.

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

(+`Obsession) jay is a legend

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another good point. By now, people should know that Jagex never emails members. Ever. So auto-delete any emails you receive.

This isnt true anymore, they started recently. You can now recover your password via e-mail. I also think they e-mail you about other things as well.

This isnt true anymore, they started recently. You can now recover your password via e-mail. I also think they e-mail you about other things as well.

If this is so, I assume it's safe to assume that the email address will always contain something like @jagex.com or @runescape.com.

emmawatsonjay.png

34rfuk5.png

(+`Obsession) jay is a legend

If this is so, I assume it's safe to assume that the email address will always contain something like @jagex.com or @runescape.com.

Most often it will be [email protected] but people should only open e-mails from jagex that apprear in there Inbox, not there Junk. You can edit the data in a e-mail to change the appearance of who sent it, however it will always end up in the junk folder. For example, I could send a e-mail from [email protected] that looked like it was sent from [email protected]

Moral of the story, NEVER OPEN EMAILS IN YOUR JUNK UNLESS YOUR EXPECTING IT!

It's easy to fake them. So don't always trust emails either.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

screenshot291.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• 2 months later...

Aww Shucks, ima have to put my phishing poles away, and start working for my moneys.

nice job karl, even tho u flame me every day, and when i click the report u for flaming button it does nothing... sadnh

"So count your money, ill count my friends, we will see who's richer in the end."

Ynxx0.gif

Proud Founder of We Are Royalty

Proud to have been Council of Enemy

Proud to have been Member of Fatality

Proud Council of Epidemic

warfc.png

I Bleed Teal

#WAR-RS