Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Jagex to win lawsuit and a 6 figure sum.

Karl

Jagex is to be awarded a sum “in excess of six figures” for damages after a protracted court battle against Runescape hackers, legal papers show.

The ruling has been made against Impulse Software, the makers of various game hacks, including ‘iBOT’, which allows RuneScape players to level up even if they aren’t playing the game.

Jagex initially lost its bid for a preliminary injunction against Impulse in September 2010. But the latest ruling has resulted in the defendant writing a thorough apology admitting guilt to all charges.

Documentation seen by Develop shows that a Boston court last week ruled that Impulse - and its owners Eric and Mark Snellman – were guilty of a number of offences including copyright infringement, circumvention of technological measures, as well as computer fraud.

The documents show the Boston district court has issued the demands through a court order, though the judge has yet to sign the document.

Impulse is to be henceforth forbidden from providing instructions on how to hack Runescape. Its employees will be permanently banned from playing any Jagex games.

The defendants, whose websites instructed how customers can succeed in Runescape with an AI program, will have pay for both parties’ attorney fees on top of damages.

Impulse must also transfer ownership of its websites to Jagex and destroy all bot code once the transfer had been made.

Once signed, breach of the order will result in a substantial pay out to Jagex. The final fee has not been disclosed other than it is in excess of six figures.

Impulse is barred from commenting on the matter.

The case against Impulse Software has been running for more than two years, with Jagex initially losing its bid for a preliminary injunction in September 2010 over copyright complexities.

At the time, the studio had apparently not made all of the necessary copyright registrations on its website or software – an accepted convention in the UK but no so in the US.

But the totality of Jagex’s victory was made clear in an enforced and comprehensive apology issued by Impulse.

“Throughout the course of this lawsuit, we’ve come to understand the harm that botting does to Runescape and Jagex,” read the Impulse statement.

“We’d like to apologise to Jagex and to all legitimate RuneScape players for the damage and harm iBot has done,” it added.

“In the next few weeks our websites, domains, code and customer details will be passed over to Jagex along with details of all those people who we know have developed scripts for iBot and sold or re-sold those scripts.

“Shortly, all references to iBot and Impulse Software will disappear from the internet. We’d encourage all of you who have scripts or iBot to delete them and certainty not to try and use or develop them.

“We’ve not been able to fix them anyway following Bot Nuke week, but if you did manage to get them working again, you’d be open to the same claims Jagex has made against us.”

Source: http://www.develop-online.net/news/39563/I...nescape-hackers

So, on top of increasing membership fees, they're going to get awarded a six figure sum from iBot creators, as well as ALL customer details. Some people are going to regret ever botting.

favadmin.png
IRC Nick - ``Karl
"You lost me at biased."
Need help? PM me

purewarfare.png

iBot > Jagex

Jagex just mad that someone developed something to beat their systems and made them look like idiots!

iBot In Our Hearts Forever! R.I.P

{ Elder of The Last Pures }

11wacsx.jpg

{ Christ lived the life I should, and died the death I deserve. }

{ Proud Moderator Of PW }

Moderator.png

cya hicks.

to those surprized that they're in it for the money:

NO ******* DUH? this is 2012, if you aren't living to make money then according to society you are doing it wrong. I don't agree with it but thats how the world works today.

2dk9t03.png
i sometimes think cp is the only honest clan left in the world =(

(23:32:02) <[CP]Toxine> You just got into the pure community
(23:32:06) <[CP]Toxine> you're talking to the guy who inovated it

Ohhh to be young and so confused <3

Aye to the 6 figure sum n' whatnot, stopping bots... good stuff.

Doesn't worry me that customer details are in their hands because I personally never botted. However it's really messed up to screw over the consumers like that, although all botters know that it's a risk.

So Poe is rectified as cancer right?

Botters broke the rules they agreed to when they made their account. They have no reason to complain.

omnicorpcopy.png

raafcj.png

QUOTE (Kingrang3194 @ Jul 21 2012, 07:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

rofl why is a banana

Silly Caucasian girl likes to play with samurai swords.