Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures

Welcome to Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Pure Warfare - The #1 Community for Pures by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Why is The Pure Community in a slump

Dipsy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its winter.

Ppl make these topics every winter, then in summer 15 new clans get made and its like "OMG Runescape so fun l0l0llololol".

Then its winter again and kids go to schoo again

derp.

this time last year 3 clans were pulling 100+ to trips, and others pulled lower but in relation to that. Many clans had 50's 60's even 70's. This year 60-70 is the max pull, and all others are -50, even with less clans in the community.

We are slumping, not just in pulls but the community's worse. Pulls are just an actual number proof to base it off of.

Those numbers aren't that drastic though. Ive been doing this same old thing for 5 years and its been way worse. The pure world simply goes through ups and downs.

Although I dont really like or play this game anymore, id say its got a long way to go to seeing the death of the pure clan world. But if you saying the pure world is dead by meaning its immature, boring, and repetitive - id totally agree.

[x] Group venge -- [x] Maxed Turmoil -- F2P retired

Starcraft 2 | Team Liquid

Everyone on this topic is saying the pure community is slumping because of pulls, def, and immaturity within clans. This is a joke -_-

Instead of having pointless trips on sat/sun for a aftermath topic saying "we cleared this clan blah blah".

- Go to the f2p/p2p pk worlds, and look at the 100's of clans that play this game for what it is.

^ That is the Real Pure Community, Main Community, or w.e dumb name everyone likes calls themselves. This is what FOE, EOP, MM, FI, TLP use to be before everyone became so serious on a stupid video game.

LOL! Who still plays this game

I think one of the reason is that the clans started accepting Turmoil Pures and another is that most of the pures quit due to the age average (irl stuff) and the young generation is keen on PKing, not on clanning.

then why do they accept 30 def?

you guys seem to forget that 30 def sucks for pking

35aultt.jpg

Sig5.pngSig4.png

Because 30 defence turmoil is ******* stupid and gets raped 1v1. I honestly don't see why clans can't either allow 40 defence or go back to 1-20 defence. It would be a lot easier.

I mean even if we all agreed to go to pk trips in monks robes and have 1 def cap fights, it would still be like our original warring style. I was 30 defence on my rune pure for a while and I just don't see the point in it.

Joined the Pure Community March 2006
ripwy.jpg

Because 30 defence turmoil is ******* stupid and gets raped 1v1. I honestly don't see why clans can't either allow 40 defence or go back to 1-20 defence. It would be a lot easier.

I mean even if we all agreed to go to pk trips in monks robes and have 1 def cap fights, it would still be like our original warring style. I was 30 defence on my rune pure for a while and I just don't see the point in it.

Yeah people love to hate turmoil. Its understandable - If I didnt have it id hate it too

The thing is Jagex came up with turm with the intensions to stop people from making pure accounts. They never liked the idea of an imbalanced combat type account in the beta runescape RSC so they had their clever development team set to work.

To anyone who thinks its a coincidence high level gloves, prayers, and weapons (ie - HC, korasis) require defence to weild is just silly

Currently the best "lowest" defence pking account build is a zerker pure with turmoil. Jagex will wait for enough pures to get turm and 42-45 defence until they come up with another update that benefits you greatly at ~50-60 defence.

[x] Group venge -- [x] Maxed Turmoil -- F2P retired

Starcraft 2 | Team Liquid

Honestly, the game is so updated with new stuff it's pointless to play the game anymore.

I feel like it'll update SO much that sooner or later regular computers won't be able to handle it.

That's the problem with why the pure community& PKing are going down the *******.

~Nosympathy

The community is too serious, people forget about the actual game there supposed to be playing.

Stop complaining about why the community is so poor and what you can all do about it. Lighten up for christs sake, forget your clan pride, your all playing the same game.

Forget about all the politics and just have a good time. You have a very sad little life if a loss in clan wars means you've had a bad night.

tmapw.png

people like you making these sort of topics every 2-3 days, enough with it.

ok pure community is dead, who cares. It's the internet.

Was asking people's opinions, if your gonna PMS just stay off the topics :thumbsup:

dipsy.png

The community is too serious, people forget about the actual game there supposed to be playing.

Stop complaining about why the community is so poor and what you can all do about it. Lighten up for christs sake, forget your clan pride, your all playing the same game.

Forget about all the politics and just have a good time. You have a very sad little life if a loss in clan wars means you've had a bad night.

True. Having a bad night for me meant catching my pen0r in my pants fly :/

~Nosympathy

You can't specifically point it to one root, or one cause. I prefer to see it as a combination of:

- The increasing bonuses given out to defence levels between 20-40

- The drive to win (Competition)

The defence basically ruined the integrity of the pure world. People who had 30 defence went on to get turmoil to get 35. Just a year ago, Chaotic accepted a person with barrows gloves (Which requires 35 defence). They were heavily criticized by most clans, and eventually the person got more defence and moved on. Now we're at a point where clan leaders encourage people to get more defence. Why? - Because of competition. Since most pures are maxed in the basic offensive stats, the only way they could get a specific advantage is by getting defence, a stat that pures lack in. This gives these clans who accept mains a significant advantage when it comes to fighting other clans. This is shown when NME and MM try to go against clans who accept adamant - These clans cannot win without superior organization and/or numbers.

Basically turmoil and all that crap gave people an excuse to get defence for the sake of winning.

hamtaro_g_027.gif
Proud Founder of Carpediem
Proud Founder of Hysteria
Proud Leader of Malice

i Agree with most of these posts. The community takes things too seriously. All of this flame, ddos, hacking, ratting etc. Its just taking the "fun" away from the game. If you lose a prep, take it as experience. If you win a prep, keep improving. just Enjoy the time you have on this game whilst it lasts (even though its a poop game). :)

Ya'll have hit the skill cap of Runescape. Its no longer about 50 idiots running around and attacking 50 other idiots and just having fun. Now everyone cares about getting that last +1 to their Mage Def and all that stupid **** that sucks the fun right out of it

twas inevitable

35b6usw.gif

No new people coming into the community, its all just recycled members. With bots down not many new people will be joining while older members are retiring so ye. Lpcs might have alot of action though. That's just my opinion.

You can't specifically point it to one root, or one cause. I prefer to see it as a combination of:

The defence basically ruined the integrity of the pure world. People who had 30 defence went on to get turmoil to get 35. Just a year ago, Chaotic accepted a person with barrows gloves (Which requires 35 defence). They were heavily criticized by most clans, and eventually the person got more defence and moved on. Now we're at a point where clan leaders encourage people to get more defence. Why? - Because of competition. Since most pures are maxed in the basic offensive stats, the only way they could get a specific advantage is by getting defence, a stat that pures lack in. This gives these clans who accept mains a significant advantage when it comes to fighting other clans. This is shown when NME and MM try to go against clans who accept adamant - These clans cannot win without superior organization and/or numbers.

Basically turmoil and all that crap gave people an excuse to get defence for the sake of winning.

pauline bro, why use an example of CH when you did the exact same thing..

tumblr_lxryz7QHLZ1qdmlvgo1_250.gif
tumblr_lyxuqyXRqx1qdmlvgo1_400.gif

Immaturity. That's just what I think.

Lpc's will probably say defence.

Old school members will probably say nh.

It's just how the game evolves; people change, a new generation of players are starting, etc. Also, since Jagex update RS a lot with updates with new armor, weapons i.e. turm, hc, etc.. The game is just getting more and more harder for pures to be able to have fun on, hence clans expecting higher defence.

I'm not a fan of defence nor not biased as my clan expects turm pures/addy daddies. It's the truth. Lpc's will be on Runescape forever unless there is an update where you need to train defence or w/e.

This sums it up for me.

Final Ownage Elite

Home of the Greatest. Legends of P2P

www.Foe-Rs.net

5peydw.gif

1zcictw.png

Azrael Warned on Feb 6 2012, 03:01 AM View Topic

Added to warn level: Did I just see a ***** made of adamant? I think so.

pauline bro, why use an example of CH when you did the exact same thing..

It was actually Forty Lashes first, and then came Pauline I believe, both choices I personally vehemently opposed. Nevertheless it happened, and it indeed is a trend nowadays to encourage defense.

So Poe is rectified as cancer right?